Avon

2.5K reviews

Avon Employee Reviews

Enjoy working with Avon
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 1, 2015
I work with awesome people at Avon. I am still working to help the President Council with orders and paper work. I enjoy assisting with packing ordering as well as placing orders, finding products for the customer.
Walking Handing out books
Sales (Current Employee) –  Colborne, ONNovember 30, 2015
Fun to work for
make extra cash
good products
great prices
great support team
easy website and easy to work for
good place to work from home
great samples
great job
Avon Representative (Current Employee) –  Coaldale, ABNovember 28, 2015
I love selling avon because it has a good reputation, longevity in business & I always get a good response from my customers.
Pros
flexibilty of hours with room for advancement.
Cons
can't think of any.
Work your own hours
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONNovember 17, 2015
Good place to work, flexible hours, work at own pace.
You are able to set up your own clientele for repeat sales and can develop your own ability to push sales further and further each time.
Fun part time work selling beauty products, and meeting new people
Part time, Direct Marketing Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  homeOctober 1, 2015
This is a self-employed part time position. I have been a sales representative for 22 years, 18 years as a Presidents Club member.
own boss and freedom to make business grow
Avon Rep (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 9, 2015
advertised Avon product, made online orders for customers, delivered product and made product demonstrations. I loved meeting new customers and availing my services to them and making them a satisfied customer
Pros
you are your own boss make your own schedule able to make it grow to whatever you want
Cons
starting client base takes long, demands a lot of ingenuity, customer sastisfaction crushed due to poor operator deliver of product to me
Very convenient job especially because it is a stay at home job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  HomeAugust 31, 2015
I currently am still working for Avon as a sales associate. I have been working for Avon for over 6 months now and its a very nice job because it is done at your own convenience and doesn't clash with either my social life or my school work and even if i get a job somewhere else.
Pros
discount on most Avon products
Cons
fun and a great way to get out and meet new people
Part Time Direct Sales Business (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJuly 14, 2015
This is great way to get out and make some extra money. You work the business as much or as little as you want. I like it as its extra money for me for Christmas or Vacations with my son.
INDEPENDENT SALES LEADER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2015
Great Work is the work that increases employee engagement and personal effectiveness. But how do they get started when everyone is so busy with managing the overwhelm of day-to-day business life?
typical day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 29, 2015
you work from home so its not really any different from being home on a regular day. Although sometime you have to go around your block and see if anyone would like for you to be their representative, you give them a brochure, they tell you what you want. When you start this job you get a bunch of forms ad instructions about what to do.
Working for Avon.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 21, 2015
A typical day at Avon would consist of organizing my brochures to hand out to my clients. and make sure they receive any shipments on time. I would organize receipts and logs in my time book, and make sure nothing was ever missed or forgotten. What I have learned on the job was that self-management comes with self-discipline and hard work. I worked alone in this job, only had my supervisor check in on me a few times to make sure everything was running accordingly. The hardest part of the job was making sure the products that I sold came on time, and that the clients receives their purchases on a set date. The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with new people, and learning from them as well.
Pros
self-management
Cons
commute
Being My Own Boss Has Benefits
Leadership Representative and Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
A typical day with my Avon business means lots of time at the desk, whether it be typing emails, creating marketing for social media, or phone calls.

On 'good weather' days, I like to go out and get the attention of would-be Avon shoppers and sellers. It is easy and fun to let people know about my business, and the fact that I can help them be in business too.

I have learned, since being a Leader/Trainer, that I cannot assume that representatives will automatically know or like everything, and that my job with them goes deeper than just coaching at the beginning - which helps me build my own character in the process.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is the Freedom to do public tables while wearing a pink wig, or to attend networking events all dressed in pink, to have in-home parties and of course my social media pages are addictive!
great if you like independent work
independent sales representative (Current Employee) –  Port Alberni, BCFebruary 13, 2015
Lots of hand on and speaking to people and lots of phone calls no boss yelling at you must be self motivated communication skills sell the product and organization skills money management set your own dead lines and meet them set your own goals and follow up with them
Pros
more time at home with family
Cons
different environment have to be self motivated no buss yelling at you
Selling Products to customers
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2015
This was the first job I had. It taught many things such as dealing with money, helping various customers find what they wanted,Keeping track of orders, sorting products, and making sure they got to the right customer.
sales person
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  home based businessJanuary 14, 2015
sell product and introduce promotions, find a new customers every day
Productive Working With Avon
Avon Sales Assitant (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ONDecember 2, 2014
Being an Avon assistant taught me many skills like how to write up detailed receipts take and submit orders written & electronically. Deliver orders door to door & brochures.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
can be long
great company to work for
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Barrington Passage, NSAugust 12, 2014
self employeed made my own hours and done very well no compliants here at all
Alternate Support
Alternate support (Current Employee) –  Durham RegionJuly 23, 2014
Phone calls for inactive rep. finding out if they need more training, brochures ect. Dealing with reps that are having problems with computer program, collections. You pretty much work on your own The hardest part is to continue to call people that are owe money and they do not seem to understand that if they do not pay it will go to collections, I enjoy this job it can be a very rewarding experience.
Pros
you pick your work hours
Avon
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCJune 24, 2014
Its great to be your own boss, I am still able to work a full time job elsewhere while making a little of extra cash on the side.
I like to driving around.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey BCJune 13, 2014
This is kind of very easy job. Always at different location. You get chance to see different people and more friends. Drive around. More cosmetic experience.