Avon
1,420 reviews

Avon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun & happy to be my own manager
Avon Representative (Current Employee), London, ONApril 18, 2014
Pros: on my own time & at home work
Cons: depends how many customers you have
I like selling avon because I am my own boss, and my customers are my friends and family.

I like how I make my own hours and I can stay at home, I can spend time with my son & don't have to be at work somewhere else
Just to meet people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Did this for meeting new people. Made no real money doing this as I was not in it for the money. Enjoyed the taking of orders and delivering them, to meet my customers.
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Belleville, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: work on your own time
Self employed sales representative. Taking orders from customers either on the phone or through email. Placing orders online. Receiving orders. Organizing orders and then delivering them to the customer.
Cosmetics Store
Merchandiser, Cashier (Former Employee), Balanga, Bataan, PhilippinesMarch 16, 2014
It is a 8 hrs per day and 6 days per week of work. I've learned how to communicate to other people nicely. The management was so strick on their subordinates. My co workers we're helping each other. The hardest part of the job is when there are so many customer inside the supermarket. the most enjoyable part is when you learn what others taught to me.
product
Secretary (Former Employee), abuyog branchMarch 15, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: long hours
its easy to deal about this cause almost everyone used the products and known at the market.
Productive and fun workplace with Fitness Gym, table tennis table and Dart board
Materials Handler (Former Employee), CPIP, Brgy Batino, Calamba Laguna, PhilippinesMarch 12, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and transportation
Cons: long hours
* Working 8hrs a day and doing overtime if necessary. * I learned how to operate the forklift internal and external. * I am learned for being organized person having a demonstrated ability to maintain the warehouse in a clean and arranged fashion, adhering to all safety procedures. *
Great Company to Represent
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: free products incentives/great discounts
Excellent training and support from management! Great perks and incentives. Love the Avon products! They have a great reputation and have had loyal customers for over 125 years.
Great opportunities
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Amherstburg, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: competitive
On an average day, I brought in my own clientele, and provided the best customer service possible. I let my customers know of any promotions, new products, and how they can place their orders. I learned that in order to be the best, you have to do your best! You have to set reasonable goals for yourself, and come up with a plan in order to meet these – more... goals. The management team was great. I was able to keep in contact with the Sales Leaders if any problems were to arise. They were very helpful and patient, and helped me in any way they could to help me be more successful as a sales representative. The hardest part of my job was contacting the corporate office with delivery issues I was having. I had a couple incidences where had to return products, and it was difficult to contact the people in charge of local deliveries to pick up these orders. The most enjoyable part of my job I would say, is the overall feedback I got from both my manager, and my customers! They were the ones who made it possible to further my career and be successful working with Avon Canada. – less
meet new & interesting people all the time
Sales Representative-Customer Service (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 29, 2014
make your own hours and goals
met new friends
management is helpful
monthly meetings to keep up with latest aids
Avon
Avon Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey BCDecember 3, 2013
Avon was alright for home stayers, was a great experience to gain customer care.
Productive & Fun Work Environment
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: manage your own business, make your own hours
Cons: navigation may be difficult at first
At Avon I am my own boss and make my own hours running my very own business selling Avon Products. The hardest part of the job is to find and obtain clients, however, once you've got them its easy and important to maintain them. The part of my job that I enjoy the most is that I can make money buy selling products to clients and the ability to have – more... my own team of Independent Sales Representatives. A typical day at work is walking around and getting people I meet interested in Avon and hand out brochures, when a client orders from them they are ordering from my "store" and my job is to delivery their products one time. Having a job through Avon is perfect for stay at home mums, people who enjoy travelling, and students saving up to go to college. The job is flexible as you get to set your own hours. – less
Great way to gain customer service skills.
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Avon, ONNovember 22, 2013
Pros: samples of products
Cons: hard to make sales
It was good to go out, meet new people, and gain customer service skills, such as speaking the right way to your customers, how to gain customers and maintain their trust.
You had to put in your time, to make the money you wanted to make. If you didn't, you wouldn't make any money.
My co-workers were really supportive of me trying to get sales and teaching – more... me about their experiences.
The most enjoyable part about the job was trying on Avon products myself, and being able to give customers my honest opinion. – less
Met lots of new people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2013
Pros: got to be my own boss
Cons: long hours in the cold
I enjoyed working for Avon because I got the opportunity to met new people
Enjoyable profession
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Ennis, Co. ClareOctober 31, 2013
Socializing with customers and satisfying customers needs
Flexible working hours
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2013
The best thing about working for AVON is the flexible working schedule. I get to work independently and set my own goals. I learned to work with customers.
Horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto ONOctober 3, 2013
Orders did not come in on time and I had customers complaining to me
Avon Representative
Sales Representative, Avon (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 1, 2013
I liked working at Avon I did really good in my sales and with customers. I just found it to be a very unorganized work place.
take charge kind of job
sales rep (Former Employee), everywhereSeptember 12, 2013
With this job you feel a sense of empowerment. It almost feels like you are running your own little mini business. you pretty much call all the shot and do not have to confirm your affairs with anyone else. you have the pleasure of working with customers and the solidarity of working alone doing paper work. overall it is a very take charge job that – more... allows for flexible schedules. – less
Amazing products at cheap rates
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2013
- I learnt how to manage receipts and cash
- No co-workers
- Once shipped products arrived, customers usually wanted a refund which was the hardest part of the job
Educational and Independent Workplace
Individual Sales Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 31, 2013
Pros: - hard work pays off; once you have sold a certain amount your commission increases
Cons: - don't get paid hourly; salary based on commission
- Work from home
- Improves verbal skills
- Very educational; lots of seminars and webinars are available to improve sales and educates workers on new software
- Management is very friendly and understanding; they help you succeed
- Learned how to improve my sales and gain valuable information
- Met with new customers and made friendships

1 2 3 4 5

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more