Avon Employee Reviews in Canada

Hard Work, Long Hours, Team Building
Computer, customer service, etc (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 23, 2016
Avon is hard work, you get what you put into it. If you do little you get little, etc.

Long hours, travelling talking to people, trying to get and keep a customer base, reaching out to people & talking with people to join Avon as their own Avon Representative as me as their Unit Leader.

Having to train, explain, navigate the website, place orders, process returns, hold webinars, one on one personal training, team building, customer service, etc.so much more
Pros
Make your own work schedule
Cons
Hardly any personal gain nor advancement
great job
Avon Representative (Current Employee) –  Coaldale, ABNovember 28, 2015
I love selling avon because it has a good reputation, longevity in business & I always get a good response from my customers.
Pros
flexibilty of hours with room for advancement.
Cons
can't think of any.
great company to work for
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
great company to work for
incentive gifts are great ( brand names)
trip incentives are great

they let you work from home but you must report constantly by phone to your boss

you must excel at your job or it will not be easy
Pros
company car, cell phone, they pay for internet and part of the cell
Cons
you have to work 7 days a week and nights if you want to succeed
Good Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Sydney, NSMarch 1, 2016
I just started selling Avon as a past time for me. It was never about the money, its was just something to do while I was home with kids.
Pros
get discounts on products, get to interact with a lot of money, shows you what its like to run your own job at your own pace. I learned a lot from selling avon.
Cons
you don't make a whole lot of money unless you you want to be a leader.
Worked alone
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 18, 2016
Taking peoples personal orders on a number of products
Balancing money, invoices and checks
It was nice seeing all of the products before other customers did
I had to stop selling Avon because I wasn't making any money at it
Pros
All the neat new products
Cons
Working alone
avon
Avon Representative (Former Employee) –  Salvador, SKFebruary 16, 2016
avon was a very fun experience, i got to win alot of stuff such as set of plates etc... it was fun really because i got to meet alot of very interested people and get to learn more about what selling is about
Pros
free gifts
Cons
nothing
Avon
Avon sales representitive (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONFebruary 20, 2016
It was not the best place to be you only get paid on commission. Its hard to get people to pay or to get a hold of them to receive their products ...
being my own boss was fun
Rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Being my own boss was fun..Got to try different products. Selling wasn't easy but at least I had fun doing it. I loved the jewelry and perfume samples.
Cons
not enough money
Enjoy working with Avon
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 1, 2015
I work with awesome people at Avon. I am still working to help the President Council with orders and paper work. I enjoy assisting with packing ordering as well as placing orders, finding products for the customer.
own boss and freedom to make business grow
Avon Rep (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 9, 2015
advertised Avon product, made online orders for customers, delivered product and made product demonstrations. I loved meeting new customers and availing my services to them and making them a satisfied customer
Pros
you are your own boss make your own schedule able to make it grow to whatever you want
Cons
starting client base takes long, demands a lot of ingenuity, customer sastisfaction crushed due to poor operator deliver of product to me
Working for Avon.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 21, 2015
A typical day at Avon would consist of organizing my brochures to hand out to my clients. and make sure they receive any shipments on time. I would organize receipts and logs in my time book, and make sure nothing was ever missed or forgotten. What I have learned on the job was that self-management comes with self-discipline and hard work. I worked alone in this job, only had my supervisor check in on me a few times to make sure everything was running accordingly. The hardest part of the job was making sure the products that I sold came on time, and that the clients receives their purchases on a set date. The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with new people, and learning from them as well.
Pros
self-management
Cons
commute
Walking Handing out books
Sales (Current Employee) –  Colborne, ONNovember 30, 2015
Fun to work for
make extra cash
good products
great prices
great support team
easy website and easy to work for
good place to work from home
great samples
Work your own hours
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONNovember 17, 2015
Good place to work, flexible hours, work at own pace.
You are able to set up your own clientele for repeat sales and can develop your own ability to push sales further and further each time.
Great opportunities
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ONJanuary 31, 2014
On an average day, I brought in my own clientele, and provided the best customer service possible. I let my customers know of any promotions, new products, and how they can place their orders. I learned that in order to be the best, you have to do your best! You have to set reasonable goals for yourself, and come up with a plan in order to meet these goals. The management team was great. I was able to keep in contact with the Sales Leaders if any problems were to arise. They were very helpful and patient, and helped me in any way they could to help me be more successful as a sales representative. The hardest part of my job was contacting the corporate office with delivery issues I was having. I had a couple incidences where had to return products, and it was difficult to contact the people in charge of local deliveries to pick up these orders. The most enjoyable part of my job I would say, is the overall feedback I got from both my manager, and my customers! They were the ones who made it possible to further my career and be successful working with Avon Canada.
Pros
free products
Cons
competitive
Fun part time work selling beauty products, and meeting new people
Part time, Direct Marketing Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  homeOctober 1, 2015
This is a self-employed part time position. I have been a sales representative for 22 years, 18 years as a Presidents Club member.
Very convenient job especially because it is a stay at home job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  HomeAugust 31, 2015
I currently am still working for Avon as a sales associate. I have been working for Avon for over 6 months now and its a very nice job because it is done at your own convenience and doesn't clash with either my social life or my school work and even if i get a job somewhere else.
Pros
discount on most Avon products
Work From Home!
Independent Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2012
I have been selling Avon for the last year to suppplement my income. I really enjoy it, as I work at my own pace and you really get out of it what you put in. My DM is always available when I need her, as well as other Reps if I feel that I am having a difficult time. As a part-time career, you really get to set it aside to focus on achieving work/life balance. The hardest part is constantly keeping my name out there, bringing in new clientele, because I can be very shy, however I feel the best sense of satisfaction when I am able to come through for those clients who have allergies, or experience skin sensitivity, or those who really just want my honest opinion and it turns out for the best!
Pros
set your own hours, work from home
Cons
involves a lot of brand selling.
fun and a great way to get out and meet new people
Part Time Direct Sales Business (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJuly 14, 2015
This is great way to get out and make some extra money. You work the business as much or as little as you want. I like it as its extra money for me for Christmas or Vacations with my son.
Educational and Independent Workplace
Individual Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 31, 2013
- Work from home
- Improves verbal skills
- Very educational; lots of seminars and webinars are available to improve sales and educates workers on new software
- Management is very friendly and understanding; they help you succeed
- Learned how to improve my sales and gain valuable information
- Met with new customers and made friendships
Pros
- hard work pays off; once you have sold a certain amount your commission increases
Cons
- don't get paid hourly; salary based on commission
great if you like independent work
independent sales representative (Current Employee) –  Port Alberni, BCFebruary 13, 2015
Lots of hand on and speaking to people and lots of phone calls no boss yelling at you must be self motivated communication skills sell the product and organization skills money management set your own dead lines and meet them set your own goals and follow up with them
Pros
more time at home with family
Cons
different environment have to be self motivated no buss yelling at you