Avon

Avon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive Working With Avon
Avon Sales Assitant (Former Employee), Smiths Falls, ONDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: can be long
Being an Avon assistant taught me many skills like how to write up detailed receipts take and submit orders written & electronically. Deliver orders door to door & brochures.
great company to work for
Self Employed (Former Employee), Barrington Passage, NSAugust 12, 2014
self employeed made my own hours and done very well no compliants here at all
Alternate Support
Alternate support (Current Employee), Durham RegionJuly 23, 2014
Pros: you pick your work hours
Cons: long hours
Phone calls for inactive rep. finding out if they need more training, brochures ect. Dealing with reps that are having problems with computer program, collections. You pretty much work on your own The hardest part is to continue to call people that are owe money and they do not seem to understand that if they do not pay it will go to collections, I – more... enjoy this job it can be a very rewarding experience. – less
Avon
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Maple Ridge, BCJune 24, 2014
Its great to be your own boss, I am still able to work a full time job elsewhere while making a little of extra cash on the side.
I like to driving around.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Surrey BCJune 13, 2014
This is kind of very easy job. Always at different location. You get chance to see different people and more friends. Drive around. More cosmetic experience.
Not as i expected
Sales Rep, Avon (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
Thought it was a good job, but it's actually not. very boring and the pay is the taxes you collect from the products you have sold.
Enjoyed working for Avon
INDEPENDENT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), PetroliaJune 10, 2014
Pros: making my own hours
Cons: commission based
Was a great job and a great company. Enjoyed trying all the products.
Advertising, customer service, delivery were all aspects of the position.
Independent Sales Representative
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), London, ONMay 31, 2014
Since this is commission, it is required that representatives go out and distribute catalogues to potential customers. I didn't work there for long, so I only sold products to close friends and family members. Once a customer would tell me what he/she would like to order, I would fill in information on an invoice then give them a copy. The hardest part – more... for me was handing out catalogues to people I didn't know. I wasn't too comfortable with going door to door selling products. I quit because I was starting university that Fall and wanted to only focus on school. Also, buying catalogues could get very expensive, as I had to buy a lot every month or so. I did enjoy the quality of the products, the management and the customer service. I felt that they were very helpful and assisted me whenever I had problems. – less
I had fun working alongside customers and getting to meet face to face
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 29, 2014
Pros: it was fun seeing customers smile when receiving their products
Cons: customers that were rude and rejected to buy things
Going door to door and meeting unique people while offering the various products of Avon.
I learned face to face communication with customers.
I worked independently so there were no co-workers
Management was great and flexible.
Not making enough money and living on free products was not worth the job.
The most enjoyable part was watching customers – more... open up their packages as they got the things they had ordered as they had expected them to come. It was like watching a child open a present.
The hardest part of the job was rejection. – less
productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 29, 2014
Pros: anytime
Cons: outside work
productive and very beneficial company. good company that gives better opportunity
fun workplace
Independent Sales Representive (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 12, 2014
you could set your own hours, and own goals, its perfect for anybody wanting to set their own hours or own goals at any time/point in life.
It was very pleasant, I learned a lot
In-person consultation, customer service (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 7, 2014
Pros: getting to know people, and different products they like and why.
It was very pleasant working because I got to learn how to work with people, be more confident with strangers when going door to door.

Making sure customers are satisfied, also get updates with next booklets that we received.
It was very pleasant, I learned a lot
Pros: getting to know people, and different products they like and why.

100 Years
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Fraser ValleyMay 7, 2014
Company has been around for 100 years in Canada.

Based in Montreal Quebec.

Independent Sales Representatives and Leadership Representatives.
Fun & happy to be my own manager
Avon Representative (Current Employee), London, ONApril 18, 2014
Pros: on my own time & at home work
Cons: depends how many customers you have
I like selling avon because I am my own boss, and my customers are my friends and family.

I like how I make my own hours and I can stay at home, I can spend time with my son & don't have to be at work somewhere else
Just to meet people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Did this for meeting new people. Made no real money doing this as I was not in it for the money. Enjoyed the taking of orders and delivering them, to meet my customers.
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Belleville, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: work on your own time
Self employed sales representative. Taking orders from customers either on the phone or through email. Placing orders online. Receiving orders. Organizing orders and then delivering them to the customer.
product
Secretary (Former Employee), abuyog branchMarch 15, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: long hours
its easy to deal about this cause almost everyone used the products and known at the market.
Great Company to Represent
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: free products incentives/great discounts
Excellent training and support from management! Great perks and incentives. Love the Avon products! They have a great reputation and have had loyal customers for over 125 years.
Great opportunities
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Amherstburg, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: competitive
On an average day, I brought in my own clientele, and provided the best customer service possible. I let my customers know of any promotions, new products, and how they can place their orders. I learned that in order to be the best, you have to do your best! You have to set reasonable goals for yourself, and come up with a plan in order to meet these – more... goals. The management team was great. I was able to keep in contact with the Sales Leaders if any problems were to arise. They were very helpful and patient, and helped me in any way they could to help me be more successful as a sales representative. The hardest part of my job was contacting the corporate office with delivery issues I was having. I had a couple incidences where had to return products, and it was difficult to contact the people in charge of local deliveries to pick up these orders. The most enjoyable part of my job I would say, is the overall feedback I got from both my manager, and my customers! They were the ones who made it possible to further my career and be successful working with Avon Canada. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more