Avon Employee Reviews

Direct Marketing
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2017
Standard Direct marketing. Your success and results are up to what you are willing to put into it. Overall no better or worse than similar direct sales companys
Pros
Discounted Products
Cons
A lot of work if you want to make real money
Stressful and extremely demanding, the more you give the more they want
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 March 2017
I was on the road prospecting and meeting with new and old representatives.....wasn't home very much....I learnt time management, autonomy prioritize

The hardest part of my job was trying to balance home life and work.....Work won every time and my children were young at the time.

What I love the most was interacting with people and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
work/ home balance
Delivery was hard work for little money
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON13 February 2017
Delivered around 500 books per month for $25-$40. Given I did this work as a kid, this would be a lot more simple at my age now.
Working from home
Representative (Current Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB2 February 2017
Taking orders over the phone, in person or via email. Handling all aspects of orders. When orders arrive I verify the orders, pack, deliver to client and collect monies due, then submit to Avon head office.
I love working with Avon
Avon sale rep (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 January 2017
My customers all ways get their orders on time it is a friendly atmosphere and a great company to work for. A typical work day for me is talking to my customers, filling their orders online, and keeping them happy. I learned sales experience, customers service skills, and I learned how to use their system. Excellent management. There is nothing hard about this job. Selling product is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
meet new customers
Cons
not enough hours
Self employed
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 January 2017
This was a great way to make some extra cash, fast and easy! Very convenient because you can pick when you want to work and be devoted to your tasks! Great learning experience aswell
Good experience
Sales Representative (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 January 2017
An amazing company with amazing products. It was my first experience doing an online business from home. I had fun doing online selling and making clients.
Pros
Awesome products at great prices.
Cons
Consistency & hardwork. Lots of competition
Good work life balance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB16 November 2016
Good work life balance. Money made depends on how much/hard you work. Best for someone just supplementing income. Support system is okay, although I didn't hear from the person who recruited me.
Pros
Great products and pricing for reps
Cons
Not enough income to be made.
Products
Sales (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 November 2016
Good products to choose from. Mostly for ladies. Some men products. Great for gifts for hard to get people. All ways on trends and new stuff. Shipping is awesome
friendly people to work with
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 November 2016
A typical day at work, was talking to customers , showing them the new products that we have to offer , also went too the customers house to drop off the products they had purched the campagn before and while we were there we would hand out the next campaign., I had learned by working for Avon more Self confidence I enjoyed talking to new customers and learning everything I could about the sales industry the most enjoyable part was hosting the avon parties and seeing all the ladys so ppy
Cons
some ladies hard to deal with
the income is little
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  CA1 November 2016
There is nothing particular for the work. Do it in your pace. Income is how much we work. I am not happy because it is door to door canvasing and i didnt have lots of customer to build the business
Opportunities Abound for Hard Workers at Avon Canada
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON30 October 2016
Becoming a Sales Representative with Avon Canada has been an amazing experience, and my confidence in sales and leadership continues to grow. During each year I have been with Avon Canada, I have met or exceeded my sales targets, promoted up the Leadership ladder, and experienced great personal growth.
I have met the sales targets in order to become a President's Club Member each year of my business, and I look forward to continuing this tradition in the future.
I currently have a team of 14 sales representatives, and continue self-promotion, sales opportunities, and online sales presence in order to maintain and grow this team.
There is great opportunity with Avon Canada for those forward-thinkers and those not afraid of hard work and commitment.
Pros
Leadersihip Advancement, Commission, Residual Income, Personal Growth
Cons
Long hours, Independent work
Fun work environment
Representative (Current Employee) –  Schumacher, ON15 September 2016
Great side job, great way to meet new people while at the same time making new costumers.
Giving you something to do.
Work any hours you want. At any time of day.
Pros
Meeting new people
Friendly customer service
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON22 August 2016
Great company to work for, lots of support, great team support, the only downfall is that it is commissioned based only.
Alright Job
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Quebec19 August 2016
Definitely a lot of space for growth, you make the job what you want it to be essentially. If you put in the time and effort it can be a great job however you need decent finances from it to make it a full time job to live off of.
discounts on products
Representative (Current Employee) –  Belnan, NS10 June 2016
You can sell to who you want. Work as much as you want and get discounts on your favorite products.
A good side job for anyone wanting to make a little bit of cash
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
not enough money
Simple
Catalog Delivery (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 May 2016
Delivering catalogs took less than 30 minutes from my day. My catalog provider was very kind and appreciative of the work I did.
Pros
Simple
Cons
Delivering catalogs in bad weather
Avery easy and productive work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 May 2016
I learned customer service. To tolerate customers and always agree that the customer is right. I also achieve negotiation and persuasive skills.
Pros
Free products
Cons
High interest rate
Hard Work, Long Hours, Team Building
Computer, customer service, etc (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 April 2016
Avon is hard work, you get what you put into it. If you do little you get little, etc.

Long hours, travelling talking to people, trying to get and keep a customer base, reaching out to people & talking with people to join Avon as their own Avon Representative as me as their Unit Leader.

Having to train, explain, navigate the website, place orders, process returns, hold webinars, one on one personal training, team building, customer service, etc.so much more
Pros
Make your own work schedule
Cons
Hardly any personal gain nor advancement
Worked alone
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 April 2016
Taking peoples personal orders on a number of products
Balancing money, invoices and checks
It was nice seeing all of the products before other customers did
I had to stop selling Avon because I wasn't making any money at it
Pros
All the neat new products
Cons
Working alone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.