Avon

Avon Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
typical day
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 29, 2015
you work from home so its not really any different from being home on a regular day. Although sometime you have to go around your block and see if anyone would like for you to be their representative, you give them a brochure, they tell you what you want. When you start this job you get a bunch of forms ad instructions about what to do.
Working for Avon.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: self-management
Cons: commute
A typical day at Avon would consist of organizing my brochures to hand out to my clients. and make sure they receive any shipments on time. I would organize receipts and logs in my time book, and make sure nothing was ever missed or forgotten. What I have learned on the job was that self-management comes with self-discipline and hard work. I worked alone in this job, only had my supervisor check in on me a few times to make sure everything was running accordingly. The hardest part of the job was making sure the products that I sold came on time, and that the clients receives their purchases on a set date. The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with new people, and learning from them as well.
Being My Own Boss Has Benefits
Leadership Representative and Sales (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
A typical day with my Avon business means lots of time at the desk, whether it be typing emails, creating marketing for social media, or phone calls.

On 'good weather' days, I like to go out and get the attention of would-be Avon shoppers and sellers. It is easy and fun to let people know about my business, and the fact that I can help them be in business too.

I have learned, since being a Leader/Trainer, that I cannot assume that representatives will automatically know or like everything, and that my job with them goes deeper than just coaching at the beginning - which helps me build my own character in the process.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is the Freedom to do public tables while wearing a pink wig, or to attend networking events all dressed in pink, to have in-home parties and of course my social media pages are addictive!
great if you like independent work
independent sales representative (Current Employee), Port Alberni, BCFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: more time at home with family
Cons: different environment have to be self motivated no buss yelling at you
Lots of hand on and speaking to people and lots of phone calls no boss yelling at you must be self motivated communication skills sell the product and organization skills money management set your own dead lines and meet them set your own goals and follow up with them
Selling Products to customers
Sales associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2015
This was the first job I had. It taught many things such as dealing with money, helping various customers find what they wanted,Keeping track of orders, sorting products, and making sure they got to the right customer.
sales person
Sales Representative (Current Employee), home based businessJanuary 14, 2015
sell product and introduce promotions, find a new customers every day
Productive Working With Avon
Avon Sales Assitant (Former Employee), Smiths Falls, ONDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: can be long
Being an Avon assistant taught me many skills like how to write up detailed receipts take and submit orders written & electronically. Deliver orders door to door & brochures.
great company to work for
Self Employed (Former Employee), Barrington Passage, NSAugust 12, 2014
self employeed made my own hours and done very well no compliants here at all
Alternate Support
Alternate support (Current Employee), Durham RegionJuly 23, 2014
Pros: you pick your work hours
Cons: long hours
Phone calls for inactive rep. finding out if they need more training, brochures ect. Dealing with reps that are having problems with computer program, collections. You pretty much work on your own The hardest part is to continue to call people that are owe money and they do not seem to understand that if they do not pay it will go to collections, I enjoy this job it can be a very rewarding experience.
Avon
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Maple Ridge, BCJune 24, 2014
Its great to be your own boss, I am still able to work a full time job elsewhere while making a little of extra cash on the side.
I like to driving around.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Surrey BCJune 13, 2014
This is kind of very easy job. Always at different location. You get chance to see different people and more friends. Drive around. More cosmetic experience.
Not as i expected
Sales Rep, Avon (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
Thought it was a good job, but it's actually not. very boring and the pay is the taxes you collect from the products you have sold.
Enjoyed working for Avon
INDEPENDENT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), PetroliaJune 10, 2014
Pros: making my own hours
Cons: commission based
Was a great job and a great company. Enjoyed trying all the products.
Advertising, customer service, delivery were all aspects of the position.
Independent Sales Representative
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), London, ONMay 31, 2014
Since this is commission, it is required that representatives go out and distribute catalogues to potential customers. I didn't work there for long, so I only sold products to close friends and family members. Once a customer would tell me what he/she would like to order, I would fill in information on an invoice then give them a copy. The hardest part for me was handing out catalogues to people I didn't know. I wasn't too comfortable with going door to door selling products. I quit because I was starting university that Fall and wanted to only focus on school. Also, buying catalogues could get very expensive, as I had to buy a lot every month or so. I did enjoy the quality of the products, the management and the customer service. I felt that they were very helpful and assisted me whenever I had problems.
I had fun working alongside customers and getting to meet face to face
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 29, 2014
Pros: it was fun seeing customers smile when receiving their products
Cons: customers that were rude and rejected to buy things
Going door to door and meeting unique people while offering the various products of Avon.
I learned face to face communication with customers.
I worked independently so there were no co-workers
Management was great and flexible.
Not making enough money and living on free products was not worth the job.
The most enjoyable part was watching customers open up their packages as they got the things they had ordered as they had expected them to come. It was like watching a child open a present.
The hardest part of the job was rejection.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 29, 2014
Pros: anytime
Cons: outside work
productive and very beneficial company. good company that gives better opportunity
fun workplace
Independent Sales Representive (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 12, 2014
you could set your own hours, and own goals, its perfect for anybody wanting to set their own hours or own goals at any time/point in life.
It was very pleasant, I learned a lot
In-person consultation, customer service (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 7, 2014
Pros: getting to know people, and different products they like and why.
It was very pleasant working because I got to learn how to work with people, be more confident with strangers when going door to door.

Making sure customers are satisfied, also get updates with next booklets that we received.
It was very pleasant, I learned a lot
Pros: getting to know people, and different products they like and why.

100 Years
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Fraser ValleyMay 7, 2014
Company has been around for 100 years in Canada.

Based in Montreal Quebec.

Independent Sales Representatives and Leadership Representatives.

1 2 3 4 5

About Avon

Everyday, Avon brings beauty to the lives of women all over the world. At Avon, beauty means finding the right lipstick shade – Read more