Avon Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
It didn't last that long.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
Avon - and places like Avon seem to be for people who are rich and need something to do. As someone without money, I could not do Avon for a long time.
Pros
Cons
Money
Working from home is always fun.
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 August 2017
I love working with Avon but I also love working with people. I like how I can work anywhere I go when I am with Avon. Over all love what I do. Avon has given me so much opportunity with my family, hours, wage and schedule to be home for my child.
Pros
Free to be with my family
Cons
Need a more stable wage and hours at a go in to work type of job
My view
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 August 2017
Loved Avon proud to have worked with Avon.
Worked with rockstar experienced District Sales Managers learned alot.
Loved the quarterly team meetings and learning.
Must have tenacity for job and willing to put in hours to make your district numbers.
Pros
car, travel, worked from home, bonuses were good. pension plan.
Cons
long hours put in to make district numbers
nice
Cosmetic Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 August 2017
it was nice, i enjoyed working there but yeah nothing much to say other then it was nice and an enjoyable workplace but no compliments, its been awhile dont know how it is now.
I love AVON for its culture
Comms (Current Employee) –  Moscow24 July 2017
I loved working for this company for its culture, human approach and massive opportunities. I believe it is the great place for young professionals to grow fast.
General Products Sales compagny
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC21 July 2017
A typical day was to give and answer to bisness phone calls, giving a great customer service and keeping track of everything happen in the day! the hardest part was to stay positive and productive!
Waste of time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 July 2017
It is simply impossible to make a living through Avon. You have to chase customers in order to make any sales and most often the sales get returned so you do not make much money.
Fun but hard work
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON23 June 2017
Having most people spend money online now, sales have gotten harder. It is not impossible but not like it used to be. Products are awesome and brings a nice sense of accomplishment
Pros
samples
Cons
hard
Fun place to work and I'm my own boss
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 May 2017
A typical day would be dress up fashionably and with Avon makeup on for sure and hand out brochures to potential clients even if it means banging on doors
I learned how to work by myself and be independent.
Time management is key. If you have other things you have to put in the hours to get results and not be lazy.
The hardest part of the job is when I get all my Avon orders for clients by UPS I have to unpack, sort, put them in bags and write up receipts. Or if a customer wants to return or exchange an item then I have to do an RMA and pay $5 out of my own pocket to return/exchange the item. The most enjoyable part is meeting new women from all walks of life and using and wearing their products.
Pros
Free products, a chance to move up in the company when you have more recruits who remain active.
Cons
It is not easy to find good recruits and doing returns.
Direct Marketing
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2017
Standard Direct marketing. Your success and results are up to what you are willing to put into it. Overall no better or worse than similar direct sales companys
Pros
Discounted Products
Cons
A lot of work if you want to make real money
Stressful and extremely demanding, the more you give the more they want
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 March 2017
I was on the road prospecting and meeting with new and old representatives.....wasn't home very much....I learnt time management, autonomy prioritize

The hardest part of my job was trying to balance home life and work.....Work won every time and my children were young at the time.

What I love the most was interacting with people and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
work/ home balance
Delivery was hard work for little money
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON13 February 2017
Delivered around 500 books per month for $25-$40. Given I did this work as a kid, this would be a lot more simple at my age now.
Working from home
Representative (Current Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB2 February 2017
Taking orders over the phone, in person or via email. Handling all aspects of orders. When orders arrive I verify the orders, pack, deliver to client and collect monies due, then submit to Avon head office.
I love working with Avon
Avon sale rep (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 January 2017
My customers all ways get their orders on time it is a friendly atmosphere and a great company to work for. A typical work day for me is talking to my customers, filling their orders online, and keeping them happy. I learned sales experience, customers service skills, and I learned how to use their system. Excellent management. There is nothing hard about this job. Selling product is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
meet new customers
Cons
not enough hours
Self employed
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 January 2017
This was a great way to make some extra cash, fast and easy! Very convenient because you can pick when you want to work and be devoted to your tasks! Great learning experience aswell
Good experience
Sales Representative (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 January 2017
An amazing company with amazing products. It was my first experience doing an online business from home. I had fun doing online selling and making clients.
Pros
Awesome products at great prices.
Cons
Consistency & hardwork. Lots of competition
Good work life balance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB16 November 2016
Good work life balance. Money made depends on how much/hard you work. Best for someone just supplementing income. Support system is okay, although I didn't hear from the person who recruited me.
Pros
Great products and pricing for reps
Cons
Not enough income to be made.
Products
Sales (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 November 2016
Good products to choose from. Mostly for ladies. Some men products. Great for gifts for hard to get people. All ways on trends and new stuff. Shipping is awesome
friendly people to work with
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 November 2016
A typical day at work, was talking to customers , showing them the new products that we have to offer , also went too the customers house to drop off the products they had purched the campagn before and while we were there we would hand out the next campaign., I had learned by working for Avon more Self confidence I enjoyed talking to new customers and learning everything I could about the sales industry the most enjoyable part was hosting the avon parties and seeing all the ladys so ppy
Cons
some ladies hard to deal with
the income is little
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  CA1 November 2016
There is nothing particular for the work. Do it in your pace. Income is how much we work. I am not happy because it is door to door canvasing and i didnt have lots of customer to build the business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.