Avon Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Hard Work, Long Hours, Team Building
Computer, customer service, etc (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 23, 2016
Pros: Make your own work schedule
Cons: Hardly any personal gain nor advancement
Avon is hard work, you get what you put into it. If you do little you get little, etc.

Long hours, travelling talking to people, trying to get and keep a customer base, reaching out to people & talking with people to join Avon as their own Avon Representative as me as their Unit Leader.

Having to train, explain, navigate the website, place orders, process returns, hold webinars, one on one personal training, team building, customer service, etc.so much more
great company to work for
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
Pros: company car, cell phone, they pay for internet and part of the cell
Cons: you have to work 7 days a week and nights if you want to succeed
great company to work for
incentive gifts are great ( brand names)
trip incentives are great

they let you work from home but you must report constantly by phone to your boss

you must excel at your job or it will not be easy
Good Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee), North Sydney, NSMarch 1, 2016
Pros: get discounts on products, get to interact with a lot of money, shows you what its like to run your own job at your own pace. I learned a lot from selling avon.
Cons: you don't make a whole lot of money unless you you want to be a leader.
I just started selling Avon as a past time for me. It was never about the money, its was just something to do while I was home with kids.
Worked alone
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 18, 2016
Pros: All the neat new products
Cons: Working alone
Taking peoples personal orders on a number of products
Balancing money, invoices and checks
It was nice seeing all of the products before other customers did
I had to stop selling Avon because I wasn't making any money at it
avon
Avon Representative (Former Employee), Salvador, SKFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: free gifts
Cons: nothing
avon was a very fun experience, i got to win alot of stuff such as set of plates etc... it was fun really because i got to meet alot of very interested people and get to learn more about what selling is about
own boss and freedom to make business grow
Avon Rep (Former Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: you are your own boss make your own schedule able to make it grow to whatever you want
Cons: starting client base takes long, demands a lot of ingenuity, customer sastisfaction crushed due to poor operator deliver of product to me
advertised Avon product, made online orders for customers, delivered product and made product demonstrations. I loved meeting new customers and availing my services to them and making them a satisfied customer
Enjoy working with Avon
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Regina, SKDecember 1, 2015
I work with awesome people at Avon. I am still working to help the President Council with orders and paper work. I enjoy assisting with packing ordering as well as placing orders, finding products for the customer.
being my own boss was fun
Rep (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Cons: not enough money
Being my own boss was fun..Got to try different products. Selling wasn't easy but at least I had fun doing it. I loved the jewelry and perfume samples.
Very convenient job especially because it is a stay at home job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), HomeAugust 31, 2015
Pros: discount on most Avon products
Cons: None
I currently am still working for Avon as a sales associate. I have been working for Avon for over 6 months now and its a very nice job because it is done at your own convenience and doesn't clash with either my social life or my school work and even if i get a job somewhere else.
Avon
Avon sales representitive (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 20, 2016
It was not the best place to be you only get paid on commission. Its hard to get people to pay or to get a hold of them to receive their products ...
great job
Avon Representative (Current Employee), Coaldale, ABNovember 28, 2015
Pros: flexibilty of hours with room for advancement.
Cons: can't think of any.
I love selling avon because it has a good reputation, longevity in business & I always get a good response from my customers.
Work your own hours
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ajax, ONNovember 17, 2015
Good place to work, flexible hours, work at own pace.
You are able to set up your own clientele for repeat sales and can develop your own ability to push sales further and further each time.
Walking Handing out books
Sales (Current Employee), Colborne, ONNovember 30, 2015
Fun to work for
make extra cash
good products
great prices
great support team
easy website and easy to work for
good place to work from home
great samples
Fun part time work selling beauty products, and meeting new people
Part time, Direct Marketing Sales Representative (Current Employee), homeOctober 1, 2015
This is a self-employed part time position. I have been a sales representative for 22 years, 18 years as a Presidents Club member.
fun and a great way to get out and meet new people
Part Time Direct Sales Business (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBJuly 14, 2015
This is great way to get out and make some extra money. You work the business as much or as little as you want. I like it as its extra money for me for Christmas or Vacations with my son.
Working for Avon.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: self-management
Cons: commute
A typical day at Avon would consist of organizing my brochures to hand out to my clients. and make sure they receive any shipments on time. I would organize receipts and logs in my time book, and make sure nothing was ever missed or forgotten. What I have learned on the job was that self-management comes with self-discipline and hard work. I worked alone in this job, only had my supervisor check in on me a few times to make sure everything was running accordingly. The hardest part of the job was making sure the products that I sold came on time, and that the clients receives their purchases on a set date. The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with new people, and learning from them as well.
INDEPENDENT SALES LEADER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 12, 2015
Great Work is the work that increases employee engagement and personal effectiveness. But how do they get started when everyone is so busy with managing the overwhelm of day-to-day business life?
typical day
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 29, 2015
you work from home so its not really any different from being home on a regular day. Although sometime you have to go around your block and see if anyone would like for you to be their representative, you give them a brochure, they tell you what you want. When you start this job you get a bunch of forms ad instructions about what to do.
Being My Own Boss Has Benefits
Leadership Representative and Sales (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
A typical day with my Avon business means lots of time at the desk, whether it be typing emails, creating marketing for social media, or phone calls.

On 'good weather' days, I like to go out and get the attention of would-be Avon shoppers and sellers. It is easy and fun to let people know about my business, and the fact that I can help them be in business too.

I have learned, since being a Leader/Trainer, that I cannot assume that representatives will automatically know or like everything, and that my job with them goes deeper than just coaching at the beginning - which helps me build my own character in the process.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is the Freedom to do public tables while wearing a pink wig, or to attend networking events all dressed in pink, to have in-home parties and of course my social media pages are addictive!
great if you like independent work
independent sales representative (Current Employee), Port Alberni, BCFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: more time at home with family
Cons: different environment have to be self motivated no buss yelling at you
Lots of hand on and speaking to people and lots of phone calls no boss yelling at you must be self motivated communication skills sell the product and organization skills money management set your own dead lines and meet them set your own goals and follow up with them
Industry