Aviva

Aviva Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company
Sales Support Consultant (Former Employee), Godalming, ENGFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits and was treated well
Cons: lack development
Enjoyed my time at the company unfortunately due to restructure was made redundant. Struggled to get progression with in my area unless willing to be relocated
great
Volunteer (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCFebruary 26, 2014
Flexible hours.

Bosses and coworkers are very nice and helpful.

Great experience.
Good company, great people
I&P Capacity & Finance Planning Consultant (Current Employee), NorwichFebruary 25, 2014
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Great Workplace to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Glasgow, BishopbriggsFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: discount on produscts
Cons: long hours - worked 12 hour shifts
Worked in a call centre environment. Lovely team mates and staff in general. Interacted with customers on a daily basis. Made changes to their car insurance policies. Also made sales and upsold produsct as and when available.
Good employer
Manager (Current Employee), NorwichFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: good employer
Cons: career opportunities
Good employer.
Running a team of 13 in large call centre.
Enjoy helping people realise their potentiol.
Good at coaching.
Insurance and Customer Advisor
Senior Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), DublinFebruary 19, 2014
Sales advisor for Insurance Products. Team Leader for HIbernian Financial Services - Getting appointments for the Financial Advisors exploring different ideas in getting customers to take out business with Hibernian.
Executive Summary of Waheeda Shah
Consultant (Former Employee), CityFebruary 14, 2014
Consultant who contracts out services on an Interim basis to Financial Services. MBA and Qualified Accountant. Held Senior positions as AGCF Solvency I/II & Economic Capital Lead, AESE Europe Integration Project Lead, Senior Finance Manager, Senior Project Manager, Strategy and Finance Consultant and various.

Expertise in Solvency I/II & Economic capital, – more... IFRS reporting, US GAAP, financial planning & analysis, business development & analysis, management accounting, strategic planning, project management, commercial finance & pricing & bid management.

Extensive experience gained in blue chips within Insurance, Telecommunications, Consultancies, Transport, Energy and Media.

Delivered & supported projects on integration, offshoring, transformation and business development in a blue chip environment.

Experience in Global roles, spent over a year in Dubai and the Caribbean Islands.

Excellent relationship skills. Managed the expectations of Directors, Heads of Business and Senior Executives throughout career.

Extensive knowledge of systems. Magnitude, Anaplan, Oracle, Hyperion FM, Essbase, SAP Financials, Business Objects, Estate Master, Microsoft Office, Microstrategy, Salesforce.com, Inter/Intra Elims, Overlays & Adjustments, Equinox E-Journals, eReports, Powerhouse and Perform Reference.

Almost 10 years ACMA PQE. Excellent financial modelling and Excel skills. Qualified 2004. Achieved MBA in Financial Services in 2013. – less
Fun and interesting workplace
Pensions Administrator (Current Employee), NorwichFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, banked hours and casual dress fridays.
Cons: lack of progression opportunities
My typical day involves working within a mid-size team to administer the pension schemes of companies and collect payments. I have learned many things from this role, including how to communicate well with clients and customers and how to use a broad range of computer systems.
The management is well organised and supportive, with a focus on getting – more... the best out of the team and individuals and making sure every employee understands their role within the business. I get on well with my co-workers and enjoy working in my team.
The hardest part of the job is reacting quickly and calmly to situations where a customer is unhappy or angry, and trying to resolve the situation by understanding the customer's needs as quickly as possible - first point resolution is a big focus. I feel I have learned how to do this well in my role, and see it as an opportunity to impress a customer rather than a cause for panic.
The most enjoyable part of my job is speaking to clients and customers and developing a good relationship with existing and new clients. I also enjoy the challenge of learning how to use new systems, gaining skills and progressing within my role. – less
Excellent progressive company to work for.
Oracle Work Packet Manager (Former Employee), NorwichFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: excellent pay scales
Cons: late communication
Aviva provide excellent opportunity for progression, encourage independent proactive self management of your role.
Good workplace with great team players
Customer Services Adviser (Current Employee), York, ENGFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: discounts at shops
I enjoyed working at Aviva as the work was complexed and interesting on the title management team.
I enjoyed being part of a large team, whilest still being able to organise my own workload.
My Computer and communication skills have greatly improved while working with Aviva.
Job Security
Unit Fraud Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Exeter, ENGFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: being m ade redundant
Aviva looks after its employees.

The management were wonderful and respected me so much.

I was promotoed very quickly and learned so much about insurance whilst there.

I could pretty much do what I wanted when I wanted as management had respect and trust for me.

I worked so hard and has been the best career of my life to date.
Bad atmosphere, terrible management
IT Service desk analyst (Former Employee), York, ENGFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: free bus from town.
Cons: low pay, no career progression, bad management
I worked on the ITService Desk for over a year. It was awful. Terrible pay and no career progression. All the management are arrogant and only interested in furthering their own careers... Although none of them seem to get promoted.
The training is useless and nobody really seems to care what's going on.
The rest of the company might be different but – more... the IT Service Desk was not a good place to work. Everyone just liked to gossip, this was even encouraged by team leaders!
I don't advise anyone to get a job here. – less
Adviser (Former Employee), GlasgowFebruary 1, 2014
Has a great work and corporate culture. Every individual is respected. Employees opinions go a long way in decision making.
engaging and forward-thinking company trying to do the best for the customer
Team Manager (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: flexible local management, good reward package
Cons: reduction in workload/lack of security
A typical day would involve me balancing resource across the team to ensure a variety of targets and service levels were achieved while delivering excellent customer service. Alongside this I was engaged with continually developing the team (through Quality Reviews & coaching) and improving customer service using customer feedback.

Focused on continuous – more... improvement I constantly looked for ways to change and improve and my manager gave me the support and freedom to do so.

Worked collaboratively with colleagues at all levels within the company to achieve results and was also the local lead on a variety of projects.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with the reaction of the team to regular company and unit restructures and their feelings about the lack of job security.
However, I enjoyed the variety of work, being able to make a difference and the fact that it wasn't all just about targets. – less
good place to work.
Sr. Total Rewards Specialist (Former Employee), des moinesJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: bought by athene
Great co-workers and management. Good employee benefits. Great work environment. Facilities are the best.
Good to work for overall.
outbound sales assistant (Former Employee), Bishopbriggs, SCTJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good wage
Cons: inflexible hours
*A typical day consisted of calls to current and potential customers.
*I learned great ways to deal with customers.
*The managers can be strict, but they can teach you a lot.
*People you usually work with are always a great laugh.
*Angry customers.
*The interaction with the team.
Flexible hours, fun working environment,
Customer Services Rep (Former Employee), York, ENGJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours, share scheme
Cons: job security, constant management changes
A typical day at work would involve supporting our offshore team with technical queries via email and telephone as a lot of our work had been trained offshore (which i had helped with). I had a good rapport with the team and everyone was really helpful. Whilst I was there, we had a lot of management changes (sometimes every 6 months) which was sometimes – more... difficult as it meant constantly starting again towards pay reviews and one to ones.
The hardest part of the job for me were producing really urgent manual quotations to financial advisers in a short timescale however i enjoyed the problem solving part of this (working around broken systems) and getting to the end result and a satisfied customer. – less
New Business Agent Contact Representative (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJanuary 16, 2014
Aviva is a great up and a lot of opportunity to grow. We moved to Kansas City so I couldn't work for them anymore.
Windows Admin, Tech Support Engineer
Splz Associate Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee), HPJanuary 15, 2014
The Availability Centre scope includes 24 X 7 (including bank holidays) monitoring 50-60 Applications of Windows located on various geographic locations and L2 level support for issues on various insurance related scripts running on the servers. Operations team provides initial diagnosis, first line fix of incidents, resolution various tasks and escalation – more... support using a standard call out process for unresolved calls. – less
Great Team
PMO Coordinator (Former Employee), ReadingDecember 31, 2013
Worked with a wonderful team who practised excellent duties in a professional organisational manner.