Aviva

Aviva Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bad atmosphere, terrible management
IT Service desk analyst (Former Employee), York, ENGFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: free bus from town.
Cons: low pay, no career progression, bad management
I worked on the ITService Desk for over a year. It was awful. Terrible pay and no career progression. All the management are arrogant and only interested in furthering their own careers... Although none of them seem to get promoted.
The training is useless and nobody really seems to care what's going on.
The rest of the company might be different but – more... the IT Service Desk was not a good place to work. Everyone just liked to gossip, this was even encouraged by team leaders!
I don't advise anyone to get a job here. – less
Adviser (Former Employee), GlasgowFebruary 1, 2014
Has a great work and corporate culture. Every individual is respected. Employees opinions go a long way in decision making.
engaging and forward-thinking company trying to do the best for the customer
Team Manager (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: flexible local management, good reward package
Cons: reduction in workload/lack of security
A typical day would involve me balancing resource across the team to ensure a variety of targets and service levels were achieved while delivering excellent customer service. Alongside this I was engaged with continually developing the team (through Quality Reviews & coaching) and improving customer service using customer feedback.

Focused on continuous – more... improvement I constantly looked for ways to change and improve and my manager gave me the support and freedom to do so.

Worked collaboratively with colleagues at all levels within the company to achieve results and was also the local lead on a variety of projects.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with the reaction of the team to regular company and unit restructures and their feelings about the lack of job security.
However, I enjoyed the variety of work, being able to make a difference and the fact that it wasn't all just about targets. – less
good place to work.
Sr. Total Rewards Specialist (Former Employee), des moinesJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: bought by athene
Great co-workers and management. Good employee benefits. Great work environment. Facilities are the best.
Good to work for overall.
outbound sales assistant (Former Employee), Bishopbriggs, SCTJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good wage
Cons: inflexible hours
*A typical day consisted of calls to current and potential customers.
*I learned great ways to deal with customers.
*The managers can be strict, but they can teach you a lot.
*People you usually work with are always a great laugh.
*Angry customers.
*The interaction with the team.
Flexible hours, fun working environment,
Customer Services Rep (Former Employee), York, ENGJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours, share scheme
Cons: job security, constant management changes
A typical day at work would involve supporting our offshore team with technical queries via email and telephone as a lot of our work had been trained offshore (which i had helped with). I had a good rapport with the team and everyone was really helpful. Whilst I was there, we had a lot of management changes (sometimes every 6 months) which was sometimes – more... difficult as it meant constantly starting again towards pay reviews and one to ones.
The hardest part of the job for me were producing really urgent manual quotations to financial advisers in a short timescale however i enjoyed the problem solving part of this (working around broken systems) and getting to the end result and a satisfied customer. – less
New Business Agent Contact Representative (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJanuary 16, 2014
Aviva is a great up and a lot of opportunity to grow. We moved to Kansas City so I couldn't work for them anymore.
Windows Admin, Tech Support Engineer
Splz Associate Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee), HPJanuary 15, 2014
The Availability Centre scope includes 24 X 7 (including bank holidays) monitoring 50-60 Applications of Windows located on various geographic locations and L2 level support for issues on various insurance related scripts running on the servers. Operations team provides initial diagnosis, first line fix of incidents, resolution various tasks and escalation – more... support using a standard call out process for unresolved calls. – less
Great Team
PMO Coordinator (Former Employee), ReadingDecember 31, 2013
Worked with a wonderful team who practised excellent duties in a professional organisational manner.
Work place
SERVICING ADVISOR (Former Employee), Worthing, ENGDecember 30, 2013
Close knit team who work very well together and for each other. Generous holiday with additional flex enable an extra day off a month.
UK's Largest Insurer
Motor Volume Manager (Current Employee), ManchesterNovember 27, 2013
Major insurance organisation which values its employees and drives high level performance and development.
busy
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), York, ENGNovember 25, 2013
Pros: flexible working
Cons: same old every day
Enjoy working in busy office
Handling calls and complaints
Dealing with requests from customers and financial advisors to assist with applications for life insurance.
chasing medical information
working closely with underwriters
Good Place to Work
Customer Experience Operations Manager (Current Employee), SheffieldNovember 12, 2013
Pros: great bunch of people
Cons: inconsistency
Able to work on own initiative, leading teams to meet SLA's. Great people working here and good lower management.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the constant change.
No longer a pleasant place to work
Change Consultant (Former Employee), York, ENGOctober 30, 2013
Pros: flexibility in working hours and benefits
Cons: travelling to the different offices
consulting with different departments to implement changes
learned what project management was all about which was quite interesting if you were involved in the right projects.
All my co-workers were a pleasure to work with, very knowledgeable and were all keen to share their expertise.
The hardest part of the job was when you were given a project to – more... do and trying to get the departments concerned involved and gain their buy in
The most enjoyable was the satisfaction in yourself that the project went smoothly, within timescales even if the management were very slow to praise – less
Overall a good place to work.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), York, ENGOctober 27, 2013
Aviva as a company is a good place to work, you get amazing benefits ranging from discounts on your general insurances to flexitime.

Management are great, very understanding, will review any situation and see 2 sides to it.

A typical day at work will be coming in, seeing what work you have on your shelf, do the work, attend any meetings you have, – more... the people i work with are great and we really click as a team, we can be open and honest with each other which i think is a good trait to have.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help a customer and make them understand why you are calling.You get a great feeling knowing you have helped some one and possibly give them a great impression of Aviva. – less
Interesting and good atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Stevenage, ENGOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: salary increase hard to achieve.
Priortising your work and completing as much work as possible in the time allocated.

How pensions work and all about the different types. Management were normally very fair with staff. I don't think there was a hard part to the job.

Plenty of co-workers to interact with and a very good social life.
An excellent job role and workplace that was interesting and enjoyable.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), BristolOctober 19, 2013
In a typical day I would support our offshore team with any queries they had to resolve complicated cases. I would process customers requests by keying payments, reinvesting bonds, cooling off plans, changing personal details and responding to their requests via letter, telephone,email or fax. I would also answer any queries from our customerline and – more... complaints department.
I learned a wide range of skills in IT, teamwork, time managent and customer service. Also personal skills such as empathy and understanding in difficult situations that the customer may find themselves in.
Management was very supportive and co workers were there for each other whenever needed, some of whom will be life long friends.
The hardest part of the job was having to tell or let customers know an outcome that they did not want and trying to get payments to customers urgently especially when there was high volumes of work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was job satisfaction when you had delivered what was promised and the customer went away happy. Also the social side of the job and the people I worked with. – less
A historic and well known brand.
Operations Change Manager (Former Employee), SheffieldOctober 10, 2013
Managing a team of Change consultants and a programme of projects to assist delivery against strategic and regulatory goals. Working across 3 main locations, managing a variety of stakeholders and working with 3rd parties.
The company has provided me with great progression opportunities during the time I was there however due to challenging market conditions – more... and changes in senior management these opportunities were becoming more and more limited so I decided to look for opportunities and experience elsewhere. – less
Review
Customer Adviser (Current Employee), NorwichSeptember 26, 2013
Good company in the process of combating the current economic climate
summary
High Net worth Servicing Underwriter (Current Employee), Norwich, ENGSeptember 23, 2013
So a typical day at work for me is coming in a 8.30 for a 9 start, first thing I do is check my email and mail, to see if any of my clients have contacted me. Then I draw up a to do list for the day so that I know where I stand in regards to my workload.My day consists of quoting my customers, servicing my cust9omers,and I also deal with day to day – more... things ,like structural reports, flood reports etc.
I like the people I work with, it’s a good team environment.
The hardest part of my job is when my hands are tired because of process that stops me doing the best for the customer.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help my clients when they need me. – less