Aviva

Aviva Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hardest part of the job
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2013
I don't face any hard situation in my job.But one time all the servers are down for 2 hour,that time we got some problem but its solved.
Customer centric company with good work life balance.
Insurance Broker (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 19, 2013
Pros: good work /life combination, with inhouse education on line.
Cons: none of note.
A typical day would be spent working on customer accounts whether on the phone with the clients or with paper/email requests/system renewals. The most enjoyable part of the day could also be the most difficult where conflict arose with clients and solving the concerns.
Interaction with my co-workers were fruitful and enjoyable. Management was aproachable – more... for our needs be it business or personal. Thus making an overall good job experience. – less
Small duration but fun and very helpful
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), ScarboroughAugust 27, 2012
Co-workers was very helpful, management was flexible and supportive,
A great job tht lasted for 12 years
Finance Processing Assistant (Former Employee), SheffieldJuly 21, 2014
Pros: yearly bonus
Cons: was made redundant
A typical day at work involved working on purchase ledger processing supplier invoices one day but could be working on sales ledger checking and preparing invoices the next or on cash allocations. The work was varied and so always interesting and challanging.
I answered question for people on their life insurance policies
Tell Us- Customer Service (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: ineract with pople
Cons: hard to move up in the company
I was a customer servce rep answered querstions for people who needed questions ansewered on their life insurance polices.
Interesting product. Low income
INSURANCE ADVISOR (Former Employee), SpainJune 11, 2014
Pros: very important commissions
Cons: customer objections
Prospect customers to generate sales interviews. Conduct interviews and close sales
Meetings diary with my manager and co-workers.
productive enjoyable and i learnt so much
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee), manston airportJune 9, 2014
Pros: i like the job very much
Cons: i was made reduntant
started at 7.30 till 4.15 monday till friday i dismaneted wheels and dryed stripped them before they got repainted and put back to gether
Underwriting
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee), LeicesterMay 28, 2014
I was Underwriting commercial properties. No day was ever the same.
Productive and good place to work.
Business Analyst/System Analyst (Current Employee), west des moinesMay 18, 2014
Good work culture. Better place for developing your skills in varied areas of Insurance.
Good but do not care about dedicated staff
Claims Advisor (Former Employee), Bolton, ENGMay 14, 2014
The company was fantastic but I left before any changes where made, the company closed the Manchester office and relocated work to Bangalore, in the months before I left the company made steps to make thisw happen but didn't tell anyone of the obvious change. We basically trained the Bagalore staff by sending simple claims to them, the compay saw a – more... chance to save money in man power and eventually made 5 floors redundant. I et this doesn't make there insurance quotes cheaper either. Great benefits but in no way are you safe working with a company like Aviva – less
Very Enjoyable Place to Work
Inbound Insurance Advisor (Current Employee), Norwich, ENGMay 7, 2014
Pros: pretty much everything.
Cons: prefer contract staff
I've greatly enjoyed working for Aviva. Working as an insurance advisor, the job requires real knowldge and skill in order to do it properly and provides great scope for advancement within the company.
Mortgage and Pension Advisor
Admin Re (Former Employee), NorwichApril 15, 2014
Role Included

Phone Work - Working with customers on the phone in regards to mortgage and pension enquiries
Letter Creation
Data Input
Excellent place to work, good management and friendly people.
Quality Assurance Consultant (Former Employee), SheffieldApril 14, 2014
Reviewed sales files, listened to calls and produced thorough and detailed reports regarding the circumstances of the case.
Challenging and rewarding
Corporate Development Manager (Former Employee), YorkApril 12, 2014
A complex and varied role, no two days were the same, A great opportunity to get out and visit clients, write business cases and get creative with proposition design and delivery. I learned good project management skills and great stakeholder management skills.
Great place to work and Fun environment
Customer Care Adviser (Current Employee), NorwichMarch 31, 2014
AVIVA is great place to work, stress free environment and the co-workers very friendly, managers are very helpful unlike in other places, they are always available when you have a customer demanding to speak to manager, also get lot of benefits like free bus pass
Good to negotiate highly regulated area
Senior Public Policy Manager (Current Employee), York/ LondonMarch 25, 2014
Great at giving you chance to do sideways moves.

Highly regulated industry, with many moving parts - given access to talk to senior management easily.
very proffesional workplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Aviva NorwichMarch 21, 2014
I have experience of working in a fast moving environment where I had to respond courteously and effectively to customers who may be anxious distressed or even angry. I enjoy working in such a challenging and lively situation. My application form shows my extensive retail experience within large and small organisations. My success in these shows that – more... I am flexible and able to work on my own initiative whilst being an effective team player.

My past position at Aviva was mainly computer based working on the backlog of discontinued pensions. Which is all computer based work, involving a lot of research into the systems, checking old files and trustees signatures. Chasing financial advisors for information relating to the schemes needed for winding.
The interview techniques for Aviva require maths, keyboard, letter writing and listening skills. All of which require a test with an 85% pass mark, which I achieved.

My past position at Derbyshire County Council gave me a detailed insight into the work structure of the housing association. Duties included answering the telephone, recording all the information tenants had to report about there repairs, passing this on to the relevant teams, entering as much detailed information onto the computer, enabling the repair to be processed.
A large part of the telephone work was also to contact the companies doing major contract work and to chase up any outstanding repairs. From time to time, assist the depot repair staff, for example. Monitoring the progress of the newly installed Kitchens, Bathrooms etc.

Whilst at MFI, I not only planned kitchens, and had to use my numerical skills; we also had a rota that undertook reception work, and customer enquiries, telephone sales and use of the tannoy system, which also included the daily closing message. This required good face to face communication skills an effective telephone manner and listening skills.

My work experience has given me considerable office and administrative experience both when working for small organisations and large. I am very aware of the need for administrative procedures to be followed and for clarity in relations with Clients/customers. However this needs to be coupled with the flexibility to adopt new methods from time to time.

In most of my work roles, as well as being the Mother of two sons, I have been responsible for organising my workload to achieve deadlines whilst meeting quality targets.

As you will see from my application I have a sound education and can demonstrate that I meet your criteria. I hope you agree and look forward to meeting you at interview. – less
Great company
Sales Support Consultant (Former Employee), Godalming, ENGFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits and was treated well
Cons: lack development
Enjoyed my time at the company unfortunately due to restructure was made redundant. Struggled to get progression with in my area unless willing to be relocated
great
Volunteer (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCFebruary 26, 2014
Flexible hours.

Bosses and coworkers are very nice and helpful.

Great experience.
Good company, great people
I&P Capacity & Finance Planning Consultant (Current Employee), NorwichFebruary 25, 2014
........................................................................................................................................................................................................

1 2 3 4 5