Aviva Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment.
Personal Lines Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 January 2017
Fast paced work environment.
Intake of at least 5 claims a day on average.
All day queue times.
Total loss review, negotiation and settlement.
Conflict resolution.
Pros
Fast paced team environment.
Cons
Large claims volume. Call centre environment.
Fast paced and exacting
Billing Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 September 2016
A typical day at work involves cohesive team work to get all the assignments done by end of day. In spite of the busy pace, it is vital to stay courteous and helpful to partners looking for solutions, or simply an explanation on Billing aspects. Multi tasking while troubleshooting on the phone, and applying payments received simultaneously,makes the job demanding. A high compliance level is adhered to, and call quality audits are taken seriously for betterment.
average
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 January 2017
People there are very friendly also good pay for what I was doing but working environment can be stressful (expected to work for 2 people workload) and almost no opportunity for job advancement
A place to develop your skill and good team members and culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tormore, ON5 October 2016
I worked at Aviva for 4 years and I must say every bit of it was fun. Nice team and good culture.
I will recommend the company and am so fulfilled working there
Productive and Fun place to Work
Guide Wire PC/BC Integration (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2016
Productive and Fun place to Work, and also helps employee to maintain the work & life balance
Apart from that the senior management is very approachable which also makes it easy to work and you feel that you belong there
This was a fun place to work.
Senior IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2016
This was a great place to work. I have made many friends some of whom I still communicate with today. The management team was excellent and I had amazing co-workers.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
had to leave due to outsourcing
Productive place to work, team players.....fun place to work
First Level Triage Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 May 2016
I work for aviva for more than one year learning insurance over all its a great experence ....at aviva there are room forgrowth
nice newly built call centre with supporting supervisor
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2016
A new kind of experience to work in call centre. Good satisfaction of work by helping brokers. Nice management to make you comfortable
Cons
I was through Agency and was not going to be confirmed
Garbage Chinese Micromanagers run Aviva
FINANCE (Former Employee) –  Ontario25 November 2015
Garbage Chinese Micromanagers run Aviva.
Avoid completely.
Aviva is not for Domestic-educated future leaders.
Aviva supports foreign immigrants who can't speak English and upper-management knows 99% of managers are PURE GARBAGE but they don't care - at all.
very good work enviroment, very good management
commerical underwriter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 June 2015
analysis of commercial risks for the rating of premiums and underwriting requirements, loss/control.
I learnt various computer systems that unfortunately were not well integrated with each other however it enhanced my ability to cope.
Management was hands off, allowed us to do our jobs with little interference @ the same time helpful and good morale boosters. Co-workers were very helpful and the candour was always nice, and friendly. Making sure that data and information was correct was a little tedious a times, somewhat boring not hard. Enjoyable part of the job, the interactions with the brokers whether it was negative or positive.
Fun Friday
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough,Eglinton East. and 90 Eglinton west15 July 2015
Overall it is pleasant to work. I learnt time management. Give priority for the most important work. Management is fine. Co-workers and are friendly and very helpful. Some times it is hard to send the experience letter in a short time notice. As I was doing multiple jobs it is interesting and never feel the day is long.
Pros
Fun Friday and picnic once a year.
Cons
N/A
Commercial Auto Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2016
Aviva was a great place to work, would be very busy at times.
the management and co workers were great to work for and with.
great place to work, very multicultural
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2013
A typical day at work would be extremely busy. Had to be very customer-focused.

Learned that the customer is first and that the company is dedicated to satisfying its external customers and that they receive high quality service every time.

Management dedicated to seeing that staff is provided with top quality training and that staff see the environment as a friendly place to work.

The hardest part of the job was keeping abreast of the constant changes.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making the customer experience an unforgettable one
Pros
Lots of awards and recognition, surrounded by people of varied backgrounds, lots of opportunity to learn new things
Cons
None that I can think of
Productive and fun place to work; very competitive
Sr. Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 January 2013
A typical day was a Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., I learned about the complexities of claims management; my co-workers - sadly to say I would rather not talk about it. Time management and multitasking are a big factor in this job and very stressful. What I enjoyed the most was the opportunity to grow within the company if one wanted to pursue a career more than just a claims assistant.
Productive with more scope to learn new skills
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 September 2013
I was comfortable to work at Aviva. There was an amicable environment with a scope to learn more.
I have a bit difficulty to move with out of my team members as they used to speak French and I am a beginner in speaking French. otherwise it was good to work at Aviva Insurance Company.
Pros
Summer and Winter free activities
Cons
bit tedious work
good company but stagnant lately
Architect, project Tech Lead, implementer (Current Employee) –  toronto, on18 April 2014
gaverage company but stagnant lately.nothing free not even a cup of coffee.work odd hours.Giving work from home will require so many approvals that too only after providing written reasons and that too allowed at very limited occasions.not a good culture
Cons
nothing free not even a cup of tea or coffee
typical working day included answering many phone calls, dealing with new claim replorts, contacting clients, settling claims direct with clients
insurance claims specialist/claims mgr  (Former Employee) –  toronto/kitchener-waterloo/waterloo region2 June 2013
great management, support, bonuses, work environment, company cars-several years. enjoyed dealing with a multitude of clients and related fields. pleasant working conditions, mostly worked on my own with a secretary at Aviva but many co-workers at Allstate, State Farm, Vision Claims, I also handled the home,auto claims for the Ontario Police group private insurance( 20,000 members, O.P.P ,Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Regional police depts, First Nations, special constables & University Security systems. Also the O.R.P.A.-retired police officers assoc. Police group was very interesting & enjoyable
Pros
working with all types of people, nationalities, professions
Cons
long hours, stressful work activity
Good work place
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 October 2015
There is not much pressure of work pretty easy going. Overall good environment. I am satisfied with the time I spend there
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Not much benefit
Great Culture at Aviva
ITIL Governance Senior Manager, Asset, DR (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 May 2015
Working on multiple initiatives and wearing many hats throughout the day. Hardest part of the job is not getting support from Management so difficult to progress in that type of environment.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
It was fun working there
NET DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2015
I had good time working there. People were nice. I would had loved working I was full time instead of contract. Best part was it was downtown.