Aviva Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
N/A
Senior Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Aviva is a great company to work for , environment, coworkers , managements , I just need to develop my carrier and improve myself in different areas.
good company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), torontoSeptember 7, 2014
good working environment .
great working experience
great learning experience .
co-workers are cooperative
nothing hard about the job
everyday is enjoyable
goals
Informatica Developer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2014
Setting goals is a collaborative activity between project manager and our team.
Hardest part of the job
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2013
I don't face any hard situation in my job.But one time all the servers are down for 2 hour,that time we got some problem but its solved.
data entry clerk
Data-entry clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2013
i had to enter new datas in the specific software all day long. no customers to take care.
typical working day included answering many phone calls, dealing with new claim replorts, contacting clients, settling claims direct with clients
insurance claims specialist/claims mgr (Former Employee), toronto/kitchener-waterloo/waterloo regionJune 2, 2013
Pros: working with all types of people, nationalities, professions
Cons: long hours, stressful work activity
great management, support, bonuses, work environment, company cars-several years. enjoyed dealing with a multitude of clients and related fields. pleasant working conditions, mostly worked on my own with a secretary at Aviva but many co-workers at Allstate, State Farm, Vision Claims, I also handled the home,auto claims for the Ontario Police group private insurance( 20,000 members, O.P.P ,Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Regional police depts, First Nations, special constables & University Security systems. Also the O.R.P.A.-retired police officers assoc. Police group was very interesting & enjoyable
Customer centric company with good work life balance.
Insurance Broker (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 19, 2013
Pros: good work /life combination, with inhouse education on line.
Cons: none of note.
A typical day would be spent working on customer accounts whether on the phone with the clients or with paper/email requests/system renewals. The most enjoyable part of the day could also be the most difficult where conflict arose with clients and solving the concerns.
Interaction with my co-workers were fruitful and enjoyable. Management was aproachable for our needs be it business or personal. Thus making an overall good job experience.
Small duration but fun and very helpful
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), ScarboroughAugust 27, 2012
Co-workers was very helpful, management was flexible and supportive,
Insurance and Investment Advisor
Insurance and Investment Advisor (Former Employee), PolandJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: long hours
Aviva in Poland it's a big and famous company. I was responsible for financial planning for the customers and building customer confidence through effective management of their. I worked five days a week from tailored to meet our customers, often had to work on weekends and in the evening. The company offered a lot of support from the manager and a lot of information and promotional materials.
Team Player
Claims Assessor (Current Employee), Sheffield, ENGJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: not found any as yet
The job I am currently in involves talking to members, relatives, doctors, specialist secretaries, hospitals, specialist’s and brokers around private health insurance. My main job is to allow members to access treatment quickly and get expert care from leading health professionals, which includes setting up new claims and updating existing claims. The job requires empathy and understanding as you are dealing with people’s emotions at one of the most vulnerable times of their life.
Claims Handler (Current Employee), Manchester, ENGJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: able to take comfort breaks when needed.
Cons: hard to change shifts around sometimes
A typical day in the office would consist of taking claims from our customer arranging repairs to their vehicles and arranging hire vehicles, sometimes we arrange recoveries for immobile vehicles.
Lacked direction
Senior Underwriter for National Brokers (Former Employee), Belfast, NIRDecember 15, 2014
Pros: most colleagues were good
Cons: lack of direction, no canteen
I found that the company frequently lacked direction, and good management was wanting both nationally and locally. This was reflected in a relatively high turnover of staff, something not found in the legacy companies. The share price disappointed, too, probably a reflection of what I have said.
great work place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), sheffieldDecember 10, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: temporary contract
Great place to work however only a temporary contract, otherwise i enjoyed working there, great enviroment, brilliant team to work in and good work ethics. A typical day involved taking calls and following up admin work, which provided a good phone call/admin balance. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling that I had achieved a lot at the end of each day.
Personal Lines Underwriter (Former Employee), GlasgowDecember 8, 2014
My time at Aviva i had many different roles over the years starting from sales to customer service , complaints and finished up as a level 2 underwriter . i was an excellent team player worked well to targets and very confident in all the roles i worked in.
Secure job but not the right company for me
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), London, ENGNovember 20, 2014
Pros: secure job
Cons: not many opportunities to advance
Although Aviva is a good company to work for, i do not feel that it is the right place for me and would rather work for a company that is better suited to my personal preference and that would allow me to truly excel in my career aims.
a good introduction to an office based job
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Norwich, ENGNovember 13, 2014
Pros: busy and challenging at times
Cons: lack of communication
It was an enjoyable job, busy fast paced and interesting. Changes in the business meant that adaptation was key to success. Management could have been better as there was a lack of communication in most areas. The hardest part of the job was overcoming difficulties with some customers and explaining how particular aspects of car insurance worked. the most enjoyable part of the job was finding a solution for a customer.
Aviva Pensions Customer Advisor (Former Employee), sheffieldNovember 10, 2014
this was an enjoyable job as work and personal life balance was great as the hours were really good.
Nice work life balance
Web UI Development and Support (Former Employee), singaporeNovember 5, 2014
Pros: good work life balance
Very good work life balance and team to learn new technologies. supportive management
was ok
telle sales (Former Employee), londonOctober 27, 2014
was there as a temp spoke to people on the phones chasing up old debts
Vibrant and encouraging
Administrator, Avivas Open Market Annuity Team (Current Employee), Norwich, ENGOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good hr department, relaxed approach, feel valued as an employee, discounts and offers
Cons: pay scales aren't guaranteed, job security is ever changing
I would begin my day by collating and responding to emails sent over the previous evening from both internal teams and customers. I would organise my colleagues appointments for the day using our calendar, and ensure they were prepped for the call. I would then submit and send any applications that have come in via email, or our postal service. Throughout the day I would provide all the above support as well as telephony support to customers calling through.

I have learnt to thrive for perfection, change a process if it doesn't work, I have built relationships with teams across our proposition including Legal, Risk, Change and Administration. I have been expected to work at a high level in my role, always putting the customer at the heart of everything I do.

The hardest part, although the part I find most enjoyable is time management. Having a to-do list is pivotal to my daily role, and ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner.

I had a good working relationship with my team and manager, I enjoy social outings and have taken ownership of keeping morale high at work.

1 2 3 4 5