Aviva

Aviva Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hardest part of the job
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2013
I don't face any hard situation in my job.But one time all the servers are down for 2 hour,that time we got some problem but its solved.
typical working day included answering many phone calls, dealing with new claim replorts, contacting clients, settling claims direct with clients
insurance claims specialist/claims mgr (Former Employee), toronto/kitchener-waterloo/waterloo regionJune 2, 2013
Pros: working with all types of people, nationalities, professions
Cons: long hours, stressful work activity
great management, support, bonuses, work environment, company cars-several years. enjoyed dealing with a multitude of clients and related fields. pleasant working conditions, mostly worked on my own with a secretary at Aviva but many co-workers at Allstate, State Farm, Vision Claims, I also handled the home,auto claims for the Ontario Police group private – more... insurance( 20,000 members, O.P.P ,Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Regional police depts, First Nations, special constables & University Security systems. Also the O.R.P.A.-retired police officers assoc. Police group was very interesting & enjoyable – less
Customer centric company with good work life balance.
Insurance Broker (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 19, 2013
Pros: good work /life combination, with inhouse education on line.
Cons: none of note.
A typical day would be spent working on customer accounts whether on the phone with the clients or with paper/email requests/system renewals. The most enjoyable part of the day could also be the most difficult where conflict arose with clients and solving the concerns.
Interaction with my co-workers were fruitful and enjoyable. Management was aproachable – more... for our needs be it business or personal. Thus making an overall good job experience. – less
Mortgage and Pension Advisor
Admin Re (Former Employee), NorwichApril 15, 2014
Role Included

Phone Work - Working with customers on the phone in regards to mortgage and pension enquiries
Letter Creation
Data Input
Excellent place to work, good management and friendly people.
Quality Assurance Consultant (Former Employee), SheffieldApril 14, 2014
Reviewed sales files, listened to calls and produced thorough and detailed reports regarding the circumstances of the case.
Challenging and rewarding
Corporate Development Manager (Former Employee), YorkApril 12, 2014
A complex and varied role, no two days were the same, A great opportunity to get out and visit clients, write business cases and get creative with proposition design and delivery. I learned good project management skills and great stakeholder management skills.
Great place to work and Fun environment
Customer Care Adviser (Current Employee), NorwichMarch 31, 2014
AVIVA is great place to work, stress free environment and the co-workers very friendly, managers are very helpful unlike in other places, they are always available when you have a customer demanding to speak to manager, also get lot of benefits like free bus pass
Good to negotiate highly regulated area
Senior Public Policy Manager (Current Employee), York/ LondonMarch 25, 2014
Great at giving you chance to do sideways moves.

Highly regulated industry, with many moving parts - given access to talk to senior management easily.
very proffesional workplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Aviva NorwichMarch 21, 2014
I have experience of working in a fast moving environment where I had to respond courteously and effectively to customers who may be anxious distressed or even angry. I enjoy working in such a challenging and lively situation. My application form shows my extensive retail experience within large and small organisations. My success in these shows that – more... I am flexible and able to work on my own initiative whilst being an effective team player.

My past position at Aviva was mainly computer based working on the backlog of discontinued pensions. Which is all computer based work, involving a lot of research into the systems, checking old files and trustees signatures. Chasing financial advisors for information relating to the schemes needed for winding.
The interview techniques for Aviva require maths, keyboard, letter writing and listening skills. All of which require a test with an 85% pass mark, which I achieved.

My past position at Derbyshire County Council gave me a detailed insight into the work structure of the housing association. Duties included answering the telephone, recording all the information tenants had to report about there repairs, passing this on to the relevant teams, entering as much detailed information onto the computer, enabling the repair to be processed.
A large part of the telephone work was also to contact the companies doing major contract work and to chase up any outstanding repairs. From time to time, assist the depot repair staff, for example. Monitoring the progress of the newly installed Kitchens, Bathrooms etc.

Whilst at MFI, I not only planned kitchens, and had to use my numerical skills; we also had a rota that undertook reception work, and customer enquiries, telephone sales and use of the tannoy system, which also included the daily closing message. This required good face to face communication skills an effective telephone manner and listening skills.

My work experience has given me considerable office and administrative experience both when working for small organisations and large. I am very aware of the need for administrative procedures to be followed and for clarity in relations with Clients/customers. However this needs to be coupled with the flexibility to adopt new methods from time to time.

In most of my work roles, as well as being the Mother of two sons, I have been responsible for organising my workload to achieve deadlines whilst meeting quality targets.

As you will see from my application I have a sound education and can demonstrate that I meet your criteria. I hope you agree and look forward to meeting you at interview. – less
Great company
Sales Support Consultant (Former Employee), Godalming, ENGFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits and was treated well
Cons: lack development
Enjoyed my time at the company unfortunately due to restructure was made redundant. Struggled to get progression with in my area unless willing to be relocated
great
Volunteer (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCFebruary 26, 2014
Flexible hours.

Bosses and coworkers are very nice and helpful.

Great experience.
Good company, great people
I&P Capacity & Finance Planning Consultant (Current Employee), NorwichFebruary 25, 2014
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Great Workplace to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Glasgow, BishopbriggsFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: discount on produscts
Cons: long hours - worked 12 hour shifts
Worked in a call centre environment. Lovely team mates and staff in general. Interacted with customers on a daily basis. Made changes to their car insurance policies. Also made sales and upsold produsct as and when available.
Good employer
Manager (Current Employee), NorwichFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: good employer
Cons: career opportunities
Good employer.
Running a team of 13 in large call centre.
Enjoy helping people realise their potentiol.
Good at coaching.
Insurance and Customer Advisor
Senior Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), DublinFebruary 19, 2014
Sales advisor for Insurance Products. Team Leader for HIbernian Financial Services - Getting appointments for the Financial Advisors exploring different ideas in getting customers to take out business with Hibernian.
Executive Summary of Waheeda Shah
Consultant (Former Employee), CityFebruary 14, 2014
Consultant who contracts out services on an Interim basis to Financial Services. MBA and Qualified Accountant. Held Senior positions as AGCF Solvency I/II & Economic Capital Lead, AESE Europe Integration Project Lead, Senior Finance Manager, Senior Project Manager, Strategy and Finance Consultant and various.

Expertise in Solvency I/II & Economic capital, – more... IFRS reporting, US GAAP, financial planning & analysis, business development & analysis, management accounting, strategic planning, project management, commercial finance & pricing & bid management.

Extensive experience gained in blue chips within Insurance, Telecommunications, Consultancies, Transport, Energy and Media.

Delivered & supported projects on integration, offshoring, transformation and business development in a blue chip environment.

Experience in Global roles, spent over a year in Dubai and the Caribbean Islands.

Excellent relationship skills. Managed the expectations of Directors, Heads of Business and Senior Executives throughout career.

Extensive knowledge of systems. Magnitude, Anaplan, Oracle, Hyperion FM, Essbase, SAP Financials, Business Objects, Estate Master, Microsoft Office, Microstrategy, Salesforce.com, Inter/Intra Elims, Overlays & Adjustments, Equinox E-Journals, eReports, Powerhouse and Perform Reference.

Almost 10 years ACMA PQE. Excellent financial modelling and Excel skills. Qualified 2004. Achieved MBA in Financial Services in 2013. – less
Fun and interesting workplace
Pensions Administrator (Current Employee), NorwichFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, banked hours and casual dress fridays.
Cons: lack of progression opportunities
My typical day involves working within a mid-size team to administer the pension schemes of companies and collect payments. I have learned many things from this role, including how to communicate well with clients and customers and how to use a broad range of computer systems.
The management is well organised and supportive, with a focus on getting – more... the best out of the team and individuals and making sure every employee understands their role within the business. I get on well with my co-workers and enjoy working in my team.
The hardest part of the job is reacting quickly and calmly to situations where a customer is unhappy or angry, and trying to resolve the situation by understanding the customer's needs as quickly as possible - first point resolution is a big focus. I feel I have learned how to do this well in my role, and see it as an opportunity to impress a customer rather than a cause for panic.
The most enjoyable part of my job is speaking to clients and customers and developing a good relationship with existing and new clients. I also enjoy the challenge of learning how to use new systems, gaining skills and progressing within my role. – less
Excellent progressive company to work for.
Oracle Work Packet Manager (Former Employee), NorwichFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: excellent pay scales
Cons: late communication
Aviva provide excellent opportunity for progression, encourage independent proactive self management of your role.
Good workplace with great team players
Customer Services Adviser (Current Employee), York, ENGFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: discounts at shops
I enjoyed working at Aviva as the work was complexed and interesting on the title management team.
I enjoyed being part of a large team, whilest still being able to organise my own workload.
My Computer and communication skills have greatly improved while working with Aviva.
Job Security
Unit Fraud Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Exeter, ENGFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: being m ade redundant
Aviva looks after its employees.

The management were wonderful and respected me so much.

I was promotoed very quickly and learned so much about insurance whilst there.

I could pretty much do what I wanted when I wanted as management had respect and trust for me.

I worked so hard and has been the best career of my life to date.

1 2 3 4 5