Aviva Employee Reviews

Mangement
uCMDB Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 April 2017
Management has no idea what they are doing. They talk about work life balance, but only managers are allowed to do that, it all talk never any action.
Productive and Fun work place
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
Amazing place to work. The Management is helpful, worked with a team had an amazing and helpful team. Attended requirement review meeting with Business Analyst, QA Lead.
Too early to comment
Health Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 March 2017
it is still too early to comment. I will be able to provide a better review when I am, with the company longer. perhaps in another six months. But at this time it would not be fair.
Review the new business submission, review and than give opinion
Commercial P & C Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 March 2017
•Proven talents in analyzing new and renewal applications to determine insurance risks and premiums. Top-flight successes in achieving business revenue goals while minimizing losses
average
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 January 2017
People there are very friendly also good pay for what I was doing but working environment can be stressful (expected to work for 2 people workload) and almost no opportunity for job advancement
Fast paced work environment.
Personal Lines Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 January 2017
Fast paced work environment.
Intake of at least 5 claims a day on average.
All day queue times.
Total loss review, negotiation and settlement.
Conflict resolution.
Pros
Fast paced team environment.
Cons
Large claims volume. Call centre environment.
A place to develop your skill and good team members and culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tormore, ON5 October 2016
I worked at Aviva for 4 years and I must say every bit of it was fun. Nice team and good culture.
I will recommend the company and am so fulfilled working there
Fast paced and exacting
Billing Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 September 2016
A typical day at work involves cohesive team work to get all the assignments done by end of day. In spite of the busy pace, it is vital to stay courteous and helpful to partners looking for solutions, or simply an explanation on Billing aspects. Multi tasking while troubleshooting on the phone, and applying payments received simultaneously,makes the job demanding. A high compliance level is adhered to, and call quality audits are taken seriously for betterment.
Productive and Fun place to Work
Guide Wire PC/BC Integration (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2016
Productive and Fun place to Work, and also helps employee to maintain the work & life balance
Apart from that the senior management is very approachable which also makes it easy to work and you feel that you belong there
This was a fun place to work.
Senior IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2016
This was a great place to work. I have made many friends some of whom I still communicate with today. The management team was excellent and I had amazing co-workers.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
had to leave due to outsourcing
Productive place to work, team players.....fun place to work
First Level Triage Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 May 2016
I work for aviva for more than one year learning insurance over all its a great experence ....at aviva there are room forgrowth
nice newly built call centre with supporting supervisor
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2016
A new kind of experience to work in call centre. Good satisfaction of work by helping brokers. Nice management to make you comfortable
Cons
I was through Agency and was not going to be confirmed
Commercial Auto Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2016
Aviva was a great place to work, would be very busy at times.
the management and co workers were great to work for and with.
Garbage Chinese Micromanagers run Aviva
FINANCE (Former Employee) –  Ontario25 November 2015
Garbage Chinese Micromanagers run Aviva.
Avoid completely.
Aviva is not for Domestic-educated future leaders.
Aviva supports foreign immigrants who can't speak English and upper-management knows 99% of managers are PURE GARBAGE but they don't care - at all.
It was fun working there
NET DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2015
I had good time working there. People were nice. I would had loved working I was full time instead of contract. Best part was it was downtown.
Good work place
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 October 2015
There is not much pressure of work pretty easy going. Overall good environment. I am satisfied with the time I spend there
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Not much benefit
Good employer
B2B/B2C Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 August 2015
People are friendly and easy to get along with. The leaders are objective in terms of evaluating employees and supportive in continuing education.
Fun Friday
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough,Eglinton East. and 90 Eglinton west15 July 2015
Overall it is pleasant to work. I learnt time management. Give priority for the most important work. Management is fine. Co-workers and are friendly and very helpful. Some times it is hard to send the experience letter in a short time notice. As I was doing multiple jobs it is interesting and never feel the day is long.
Pros
Fun Friday and picnic once a year.
Cons
N/A
very good work enviroment, very good management
commerical underwriter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 June 2015
analysis of commercial risks for the rating of premiums and underwriting requirements, loss/control.
I learnt various computer systems that unfortunately were not well integrated with each other however it enhanced my ability to cope.
Management was hands off, allowed us to do our jobs with little interference @ the same time helpful and good morale boosters. Co-workers were very helpful and the candour was always nice, and friendly. Making sure that data and information was correct was a little tedious a times, somewhat boring not hard. Enjoyable part of the job, the interactions with the brokers whether it was negative or positive.
Great company to work for
UNDERWRITING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 May 2015
Great Benefits
Excellent work life balance
HR staffs are very helpful
Nice working environment
Great job culture
A lot of room for advancement and growth
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aviva. Our community is ready to answer.