About Aviva Canada
Aviva Canada is one of the leading Property and Casualty insurance groups in Canada providing home, automobile, recreational vehicle, group and business insurance to more than three million customers. A wholly-owned subsidiary of UK-based Aviva plc, the world's sixth-largest insurance group, the company has more than 3,000 employees, 25 locations and 1,700 independent broker partners. Aviva Canada and its employees invest in positive change including through the Aviva Community Fund and Eva's Initiatives, its partner in Aviva's global Street to School program to help homeless and other at-risk youth reach their potential.
For more information visit AvivaCanada.com, our blog or our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
Currrently, we are seeking an Intermediate or a Senior Commercial Auto Underwriter with experience in both small and mid-market for our downtown Calgary Sales Centre location.
This role is focused on maximizing broker satisfaction whenever contact is made with brokers focused on commercial property and casualty accounts. It requires demonstrated underwriting abilities in support of high and small, simple business exceptions, all within a broader authority level. Be accountable or production goals and targets. Be a partner to a strong, national brand, and broker partner official representatives of Aviva Inc., our contact center is expected to deliver an exceptional broker experience.
Some of the duties include:
· Review, underwrite and enter Underwriting Exceptions and CL business including new business, renewals and endorsements for low to moderate complexity. This will incorporate producing profitable new business and servicing the existing portfolio
· Quote and authorize business within established corporate guidelines and individual authority levels
· Post claims and underwrite (ie loss reports)
· Review and up-date reports and logs, and document actions taken
· Negotiate coverage and price with brokers within capping and deviation authority limits
· Interact with brokers for all transactions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· University Degree
· Recognized insurance program or degree
· Min. 1 year Commercial Lines Underwriting Experience (Auto) with focus on IRCA business
· In process of completing CIP
· Strong negotiation skills