Aviva Canada Employee Reviews

Lack of communication
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 August 2016
In previous years I would have said this is a great company. This year is horrible. Claims leadership has been taken over by previous RSA staff who see everything as being done improperly. They see Aviva employees as being useless. There is no communication and staff are being worked to the bone. The benefits and pay are good but in reality, it's like working two jobs. People are lead by fear and accountability. It's each man for himself.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
It's the new RSA, lead by fear.
An ever changing environment and culture
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 November 2016
A very fast pace, ever changing environment where the ability to adapt to change is essential. People are great to work with in Aviva. However, management lacks ability to develop talent and provide opportunities for growth.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
limited career development
Really good company to work for
Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 June 2016
I have worked at Aviva as an underwriter in two different offices and have loved it. The culture is great and the management really understands work-life balance. Turnover is really low in my department. No one ever wants to leave. There are a lot of opportunities to learn and grow. I've made some life-long friendships here and absolutely love the culture. Some of the programs are a bit outdated but you can tell they are working on fixing them and making them better.
Pros
work-life balance, great people, employer cares about me, my work is appreciated, lots of opportunities to grow
Cons
commute (depends on where you live), systems
Deskside Support Specialist-Level II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2016
A Lovely place to work. Nice people to work with and a lot of learning.
Lot of trainings going on and flexible environment. Lot of travelling keeps you growing.
Pros
Healthy envoirnment
Cons
Very less opportunity to be upgraded from current position.
Project Coordinator
QA, Process Coordinator and Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2016
Aviva was a wonderful place to work and it offered its employees access to a company owned gym and parking.
Hardest part of the ob was the massive layoffs that happened in 2010.
proactive and hard worker
QA lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2016
I learned and still learning most of the updated technology provided by the company to their employees and get the updated training related to current projects
Pros
Work from home
Cons
only one monitor provided
Poor manager.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Alberta30 May 2016
Worked for an incredibly insecure manager, who also had issues with honesty. Would say one thing and do another. Instead of being happy that me and my coworkers were making him look good, he took it as a threat that we were better our jobs than he was at his. No one wanted his job but he thought everyone did..
Pros
Aviva was a good company to work for.
Cons
Poor management.
Very slow!
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 September 2016
Training took too long. Cell phone and computer took months before acquiring. I was hired because of my ASME background, but was inspecting objects of little or no relevance.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not being hired for the right job.
good
Sr Regulatory Risk Capital, Compliance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2016
Get to know lots of hands on things. good working conditions and work life balance. Management is pretty good. learned to be hands on as well as team player.
Pros
Work life balance
Claims
Accident Benefits Claims Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 November 2016
Fast pace working environment. Have to be able to do many things at a time. Need to have good telephone and written skills. Workiing toward CIP is an asset.
Pros
help people
Cons
fast pace
Productive and fast paced environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2016
Data entry is simple yet tedious. I learned how to use specific computer software. my co-workers were also summer students so it was very easy to get a long with everyone. The hardest part of my job was staying focussed because of how tedious the job was. The most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits of the student workers, occasional free lunches and desserts.
Summer job
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 May 2016
This was a summer job and temporary in order to help get files caught up. I did photocopying, filing and mail. The manager was very helpful and was easy to approach. The hardest part was when the paperwork to be filed was written sometimes the handwriting was difficult to read. I learned that I don't want to work in an office.
Pros
Worked indoors
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 February 2016
Aviva is the best place I have ever worked in a long and varied career. The people are fantastic, the management style is outstanding, and the comfort level of working there is just like being at home in an easy chair.
Pros
Great People
Cons
non
Non existent work/life balance, terrible leadership
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Alberta24 October 2015
The salary and benefits are attractive until you realize that your workload is impossible, you work in a culture of fear and blame, and the concept of a team dissolves into an 'every man for himself' atmosphere. Stress leaves are common. Turnover is high.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Workload, lack of clarity, horrible employee culture
Productive workplace
Senior UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 November 2015
Agile. Good management. No stress despite tough deadlines. Team of productive professionals.The biggest issue is dress code: you have to wear business casual everyday except Fridays.
Pros
Next door gym.
Cons
Bit far from downtown. Dress code.
Was a good place to work
Senior Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Hamilton On11 August 2015
people at the office where good co-workers and the office had a good enviroment to work in. Co workers where nice, my direct manager was good and helpfull . The hardest part of the job was the number of changes that kept happening in the process of handling claims
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
to much red tape and to much politics
Very nice place to work.
Senior Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2015
This is a very nice place to work. People are very close to each other and social is well promoted in the company.
The teams receive a great support from management which in turns gets the support from their teams.
Pros
Gym in the building
Cons
no much
Co workers
Test Analyst (Int.) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2015
What I liked about co-workers at aviva canada is that we worked together to get the job done. There are office politics of course but when it was time to produce the work, we all came together and made sure it was done.

On hand washes the other.
Pros
flex time
Cons
distance to work
Underwriter
Jr. Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2015
This role is focused on maximizing broker satisfaction whenever contact is made with a select group of Broker Partners. As a partner to a strong, national brand, and broker partner official representatives of Aviva Inc., our contact center is expected to deliver an exceptional broker experience.
Great company
Casualty Assistant-Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 November 2014
We were trusted with 24 hour access to the office. We had security cameras and locked entry for non-emloyees. Our benefits were excellent. We had flexible hours.We had top of the line computer systems and equipment. Our HO management treated us often with lunches and gifts for a job well done. We were considered the top branch in Canada. We got along well with each other and any negativity was nipped in the bud. Staff Appreciation days twice a year and we could choose the days off we took. Open door policy by management. It was not perfect, but it was a wonderful place to work. I still visit often since retirement.
Pros
Fun Fridays, costume days, recognition rewards.
Cons
Pressure is high