Aviva Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Really good company to work for
Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 30, 2016
I have worked at Aviva as an underwriter in two different offices and have loved it. The culture is great and the management really understands work-life balance. Turnover is really low in my department. No one ever wants to leave. There are a lot of opportunities to learn and grow. I've made some life-long friendships here and absolutely love the culture. Some of the programs are a bit outdated but you can tell they are working on fixing them and making them better.
Pros
work-life balance, great people, employer cares about me, my work is appreciated, lots of opportunities to grow
Cons
commute (depends on where you live), systems
Poor manager.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMay 30, 2016
Worked for an incredibly insecure manager, who also had issues with honesty. Would say one thing and do another. Instead of being happy that me and my coworkers were making him look good, he took it as a threat that we were better our jobs than he was at his. No one wanted his job but he thought everyone did..
Pros
Aviva was a good company to work for.
Cons
Poor management.
Summer job
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 4, 2016
This was a summer job and temporary in order to help get files caught up. I did photocopying, filing and mail. The manager was very helpful and was easy to approach. The hardest part was when the paperwork to be filed was written sometimes the handwriting was difficult to read. I learned that I don't want to work in an office.
Pros
Worked indoors
Cons
Productive and fast paced environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
Data entry is simple yet tedious. I learned how to use specific computer software. my co-workers were also summer students so it was very easy to get a long with everyone. The hardest part of my job was staying focussed because of how tedious the job was. The most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits of the student workers, occasional free lunches and desserts.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Aviva is the best place I have ever worked in a long and varied career. The people are fantastic, the management style is outstanding, and the comfort level of working there is just like being at home in an easy chair.
Pros
Great People
Cons
non
Productive workplace
Senior UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 30, 2015
Agile. Good management. No stress despite tough deadlines. Team of productive professionals.The biggest issue is dress code: you have to wear business casual everyday except Fridays.
Pros
Next door gym.
Cons
Bit far from downtown. Dress code.
Non existent work/life balance, terrible leadership
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  AlbertaOctober 24, 2015
The salary and benefits are attractive until you realize that your workload is impossible, you work in a culture of fear and blame, and the concept of a team dissolves into an 'every man for himself' atmosphere. Stress leaves are common. Turnover is high.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Workload, lack of clarity, horrible employee culture
Very nice place to work.
Senior Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2015
This is a very nice place to work. People are very close to each other and social is well promoted in the company.
The teams receive a great support from management which in turns gets the support from their teams.
Pros
Gym in the building
Cons
no much
Co workers
Test Analyst (Int.) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2015
What I liked about co-workers at aviva canada is that we worked together to get the job done. There are office politics of course but when it was time to produce the work, we all came together and made sure it was done.

On hand washes the other.
Pros
flex time
Cons
distance to work
Was a good place to work
Senior Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Hamilton OnAugust 11, 2015
people at the office where good co-workers and the office had a good enviroment to work in. Co workers where nice, my direct manager was good and helpfull . The hardest part of the job was the number of changes that kept happening in the process of handling claims
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
to much red tape and to much politics
Underwriter
Jr. Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2015
This role is focused on maximizing broker satisfaction whenever contact is made with a select group of Broker Partners. As a partner to a strong, national brand, and broker partner official representatives of Aviva Inc., our contact center is expected to deliver an exceptional broker experience.
Great company
Casualty Assistant-Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 1, 2014
We were trusted with 24 hour access to the office. We had security cameras and locked entry for non-emloyees. Our benefits were excellent. We had flexible hours.We had top of the line computer systems and equipment. Our HO management treated us often with lunches and gifts for a job well done. We were considered the top branch in Canada. We got along well with each other and any negativity was nipped in the bud. Staff Appreciation days twice a year and we could choose the days off we took. Open door policy by management. It was not perfect, but it was a wonderful place to work. I still visit often since retirement.
Pros
fun fridays, costume days, recognition rewards.
Cons
pressure is high
Challenge
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 20, 2014
The job itself was interesting and challenging. The co workers were amazing.
Great Opportunity
Commercial Property & Casualty Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioMay 28, 2014
Working for Aviva Canada has been an amazing and growing opportunity. I have learned so much in commercial underwriting and I am ready to expand my knowledge within the insurance industry.
summer job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 19, 2014
I worked here for a summer job in my first year of college. I couldn not complained i worked Monday to Friday and usually worked 7:30am-3:30pm and once a week i would stay unitl 5. I had weekends off and had great pay. I dont know what college student would complain about that. I closed files on their sytem and filed and stored them. I was trained in the mail room if they needed help or the lady called in sick. Was also trained in reception so there was someone there to cover the desk when the receptionist went on break. I also did photocoping of files for the claims department
Pros
good hours good pay
Cons
summer job
Great Team, Work Culture
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONDecember 13, 2013
Good rapport with the developers.
Great learning experience.
Good overall experience
Process Training Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2013
I had a good experience working at Aviva Canada. From the very first day I felt like I was part of a team and employees, at all levels, were great at helping me with my learning curves and assisting with any initiatives I was undertaking. The president and CEO tried hard to keep employees up to date on what the company was doing and why certain decisions were being made. He was a very down to earth individual, excellent speaker and got involved with company and fundraising events. The unfortunate part was that there was a lot of restructuring which resulted in my team downsizing and myself out of a job.
Overall great place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 29, 2013
Great people, great company! Salary is not the best amongst the larger insurance companies.
Pros
flexibility of schedule
Cons
long hours at times
Not alot of training
Senior Litigation Specialist (audit) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONtarioOctober 31, 2012
Learned that the job required to be VERY thorough the auditing process. I enjoyed working alongside the lawyers as part of the job as well as the bit of travel involved.
Pros
travel
Cons
the job was not for me.
Enjoyable place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  BellevilleAugust 15, 2012
Dealing with insurance claims and general public via telephone and in person.
I learned a lot about managing an office due
to manager layoffs.
My coworkers were great, I miss them.
The hardest part of the job was the miscommunication.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers!!
Pros
flexibility and great coworkers
Cons
endless restructuring