Avis Budget Group

Avis Budget Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 1, 2014
Inspected cars and made rental sales, worked on the computer and used a credit card machine
Normal Day
Return Agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 20, 2014
I was responsible for checking in vehicles and inspecting them. I was able to work Monday thru Friday.
A go no where Career
Manager (Former Employee), CalgaryJune 18, 2014
Pros: people working there. not the owners
Cons: long hours big expectations for mediocre job
The only thing thats good about the place was other people that i worked with. You wont advance very far as here in Alberta budget is owned by a private family which basically means top jobs positions go to family. hours long, also I worked for another car rental company and thier system is more advanced then budget.. budget is very OLD school. Somtimes – more... its the ol "we dont know our selves.. so you figure it out on your own" mentality. – less
Enjoyed working with my coworkers and management never had any complaints
Agency Operator/General Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2014
Pros: was a job so had lots of time off
Cons: miss being in restaurant business
As a manager, this was my first experience in restaurant business although I had been associated with catering industry for 23 years but not directly with food services but used to watch and closely observe servers dealing with customers, cooks cooking food etc. Which helped me develop my own skills and bought me into restaurant business.
Nice job in the Summer!, Meet a lot of different people.
Service Attendant (Current Employee), Sidney, BCApril 4, 2014
Not a bad job. Met a lot of great people. Learned how to manage staff and how to deal with certain types of employee relations incidents. Loved being outdoors.
Wonderful Job
Customer Assistance Representative (Current Employee), Regina, SKMarch 16, 2014
Pros: fast paced, positive workplace, excellent management, flexible
Cons: long hours, not much room for advancement
I love working for Avis. The job is different every day, and I am never bored. It offers many challenges and problem solving situations which I greatly enjoy. There is not a lot of room for advancement though which is a negative, but overall I am happy with my job and love the management team. The pay is good as the job is based on your hourly wage, – more... plus commissions. This is an excellent part time job. The only real downfall about the job itself is that by being out of an airport location the hours can be very long if flights are delayed. – less
Awful environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Truro, NSFebruary 17, 2014
Awful environment, Awful management. It is now out of business.
Customer service and sales environment
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCFebruary 11, 2014
- Trained and supervised employees
- Registered car rental customers and completed all paperwork
- Performed check-in and check-out times for rental vehicles
- Performed damage inspection and mileage check upon return of vehicles
- Conducted search for best rate offer for customers

I worked well under pressure and in a multitask environment. Working – more... in the airport made me know how to communicate with different people, languages and cultures. It also made me patient, and make sure that the customers are also calm and satisfied waiting for their cars. I used to have a lot of returned customers wanted to be served by me. – less
Company with forward looking aspirations
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: incentives and bonuses
Cons: required sitting for long periods of time
This call center was the first I worked for and I found it to be overall a positive work environment and enabled me to acquire many skills over the period I was with them
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJuly 31, 2013
Productive place to work, Good place to start a career! Fast paced environment where problem solving skills are crucial. Sales environment has potential to bring in a competitive commission.
Dealing with customers from all over the world.
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee), calgary airportJuly 21, 2013
Rental Sales Agent at Avis was my first job. I enjoyed almost everything about this job. Dealing with customers from all over the globe was the most amazing part. Co-workers were very helpful. I learnt everything about customer service at Avis.
Great atmosphere.
Shuttler (Former Employee), Halifax International AirportMay 21, 2013
I enjoyed cleaning cars and taking them to the terminal, while taking the dirty ones back to be cleaned. The only thing that i hated badly, was the 12 hr shifts. The customers and staff were awesome, if different hours things would be really awesome!!
Took incoming calls from customers
Reservations Agent (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 19, 2013
Pros: opportunity to advance
Cons: sitting on the phone all day
Recieved incoming calls on a daily basis. I was in a cubical all day and had to deal with irrate customers occasionally. The pay and benefits were not too bad and management was involved with the employees.
Car Rental is much more stressful then it sounds, but worth the stress.
Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 16, 2013
Get to meet lots of new people and learn lots of computer skills. Paperwork will always be the death of me but overall an environment i'm happy i got to experience.
Great Company
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 4, 2013
Nice company to work for. Nice benefits and co workers are nice to work with.
Fun workplace
Service Agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2013
Working with new people who brings happiness and learn me new things are awesome.
productive and fun workplace
Operation Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: cooperative work atmosphere
Cons: works full days
one of the best company that balances professional and personnel life
Very busy and productive place to work
Driver/Rover/Expeditor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: barbeques, given awards
Cons: working in winter when very cold because of the outside work.
A typical day at work was picking up cars from different locations. Being a Rover which was when cars returning I would print out a receipt and give to customers. Being an Expeditor I would help customers check out cars for any damages on vehicles and give them any information they wanted to know.

I learned that being very patient with customers and – more... staff is the best way to deal with problems.

Management very helpful when needed.

Co-workers for the most part were very friendly and helpful.

There was no hard part in in this job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customers any way I could. – less
Worst mistake to start for this company and waste good working years of my life.I'll bet that this review will go no where just like all Budget Things
Manager (Former Employee), Lower MainlandMay 9, 2012
Pros: discount on auto purchase
Cons: poor management in every respect.
This is about the worst place you would ever want to work. You are always understaffed and most of your co-workers are poorly picked and have no interest in even being there. They just take the job until something else comes along. Top management has no idea as to what goes on in the field and should they ever come out to review the location they are – more... unsupportive and negative. Basically management doesn't want to do the job, just collect the returns from your hard work. I have learned that Budget teaches you to be on your guard with management as things are not what they seem and that they can and will turn on you without warning and an investment of your time for your future and the future of the company is unrewarding at best. Most people with any drive don.t mind working hard however if Owners dont care then why make the effort. Management should talk to the "right" people before making the wrong decisions about peoples lives who have invested their lives in working for him. Stop being fooled by those around you. They have been fooling you for years. Management knows who those hard working people are and is capable of fixing these concerns, the question is -- Will it be done? Or is this request for a review just another one of those time wasters? What have you got to loose by investigating ????? You know what you have to gain. – less

May 24, 2012

As a former employee of Budget then ABG for almost 10 years I worked my way up the ranks from rental agent to Airport Manager. I worked hard and made this my career. The District and Corp. management pushed the "sales" so hard that the employees could not enjoy their job anymore. All my employees did their best but at the end I got fired for not meeting the station sales goals.

Competive learning experience.
Counter sales agent (Former Employee), Dorval, QCMay 8, 2012
Pros: major employee discounts
Cons: overnight hours
This job provided a competitive environment were sales was a priority. I learned how to manage employees,teach employees and build a competitive and healthy work environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was breaking sales records.

1 2 3 4 5

About Avis Budget Group

Whether you're a business traveler on an expense account or a family on vacation counting every penny, Avis Budget Group has a – Read more

Avis Budget Group Photos