Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Avis/Budget group
Rental sales agent (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMay 17, 2016
Pros: break paid
Cons: yes if need it
Nice to work in Avis/Budget group,
learned how to deal with different type of customers
how to upsell
how to manage the time for seasonal time
Entertaining and challenging
Customer service (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCMarch 18, 2016
Pros: Free lunch, flexible hours
Cons: Long days
There were a lot of challenges in the workplace that allowed it to be fun.

There were a lot of customers to deal with
Paperwork to prepare and fill out
Procedures to be done
It was an ok job
Service Agent (Former Employee), Dorval, QCMarch 12, 2016
Pros: Very nice people
Cons: not flexible
The main supervisor is very demanding.
She also watches hockey and expects the employees to think she's some sort of God.

However the workers there are really nice people.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto AirportMarch 7, 2016
Working for Budget Car Rentals was exciting. You get to meet a lot of people from all over the world since I work at the airport. I have learned a lot about how you can make the customer's happy and will certainly come back because of a great service. The manager's were great. They treat you fairly and with respect. My co-workers are just really helpful and very supportive in every way possible. The hardest part of the job is when you have no car to rent to because of overbooking and customer's are really upset. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the customer happy and satisfied with our excellent service, because I do care, listen and resolve any concern that they may have.
Csr/lead
CSR/Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: commission
Cons: not enough pay
Creating legal contracts and resolving customer issues. Planning and distributing duties. Compiling daily business reports and payroll.
Mentoring new hires on upselling according to the customers needs.
On call work , very spotty can't depend on any work minimum wage job .
Driver (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: You get to drive new cars
Cons: not a lot of hours
Not a bad place to work , management is friendly but not a job where you can depend on a pay cheque due to lack of work hours .
A typical day would be driving a car or truck to or from one destination or another .
Some of the people who you have to drive with in a van for instance drive to fast , but most are ok .
It's a good job if you like to drive , your able to drive brand new or near new cars and trucks .
car rental
washer/Driver (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: moving car, driving to different cities, customer service
Cons: long hours
• Moved last season’s cars from London to Toronto for auction
• Safely transported new inventory to London location
• Washed and detailed cars
• Booked and checked out customer’s, accepted payments
not a bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 1, 2016
works well if you are a student and only need part time work, pay is ok, but the hours are long. doesnt work well if you have young children.
If you like staying busy, this is the job for you.
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 22, 2015
Pros: You stay busy.
Cons: The hours are long.
I did everything from wash and vacuum cars, answer phones, book reservations, rent and check-in vehicles, and transport passengers.
Excellent Employment Standart Practice
Shuttler Driver (Current Employee), Toronto Pearson AirportDecember 3, 2015
Very flexible around employee's schedule. The company is a industy leader and demonstrates excellent Customer Service.
long and stressfull
Store Sales clerk (Former Employee), Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QCNovember 27, 2015
Pros: good pay rate, meet new people
Cons: long hours, can be physically tiring
The days are long and you are running around cleaning cars to prep them for pickups. You also have to answer the phone and take care of walk ins and returns. Give rates and schedule pickups. Its a nice fast paced job really keeps you going but makes you tired at the end of the day. This obviously depends on the time of year, on the low season its not like that its calm and not so busy so its easier.
The Victoria office is awful
customer service representative (Former Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 19, 2015
Pros: 3 days off/week
Cons: You barely see any of your commission, long hours, poor management
I HATED working here. Four 10 hour days and three days off seemed awesome. Over $20/hr? Yes please.

Ten hours of people complaining that your coworkers duped them into buying insurance was definitely not awesome.

My manager never helped with customers. Ever. He'd call me from the back office and then whisper and ask what was going on. He never once came out to help. They care about nothing other than making as much money as possible at the employee's expense. If you don't get an upgrade on every rental or sell insurance, you're a failure, and they will let you know it.

The ads posted from the Victoria locations offer over $20/hr. Even in my best months, I never came close to that, and it was never from a lack of trying. Your pay is based on a scaling commission. In order to get even $15/hr, you would have to have a "yield" (upgrades, extras, insurance, etc) divided by your rental days of at least 12 to see a penny of your efforts. Otherwise you are paid barely above minimum wage and see none of the money you made.

The turnover rate is extremely high here because of the poor management who are more money-hungry than caring about their employees. If you want a day off, don't count on it. If you want to take your vacation, you have to tell them two months in advance and constantly remind them of when you're taking it, or they won't schedule your time off.

I was never actually trained for this position. I was just kind of thrown into it, and within a month was working more than half of each shift completely alone at night.

Better off applying somewhere else and – more... saving yourself the hassle. – less
Exciting work environment
Rental Agent (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: discound car rentals
Cons: long hours and weekends
Exciting work environment with minimum supervision. working in a fast phase environment and meeting different people on a regular bases mad the work atmosphere enjoyable. However, lack of cars in long weekends and holidays for customers makes it very difficult for management and stuff to meet clients needs.
Fun and flexible workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCSeptember 14, 2015
Budget was a great place to work, in my experience. I worked a 4 day work week, 10 hour days. I loved that. My manager was so helpful and supportive. It was a fun environment and I met some wonderful people.
Productive, Friendly environment
Maintenance and Damage Clerk (Former Employee), Dorval QuebecSeptember 14, 2015
There was always something to do, whether it was small simple jobs to big projects. Friendly and helpful co-workers. The most enjoyable part out my job was that there was always something new to do and learn everyday.
very good co workers can support each other
Shuttler (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2015
Drive the clean vehicles to airport and park into stalls. I have learned the different models of autoes and relative knowledge. The company encourage people to work with a self-motivated working style. Staffs are support each other. The hardest part of the job is winter's road conditions. The vehicles might slide on the slippery road. The most enjoyable part of the job is traveling to other towns such as Banff.
Casual fun place to work
Service Rep (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCJuly 21, 2015
great place to work with great people
expected to work in an efficient manner in rush periods and allowed to rest and work at your own pace in slow times
a friendly encouraging environment to work & develop in
Meeting new people everyday
Rental Service Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2015
Pros: incentives
Cons: working holidays, weekend schedules
As a Rental Sales Agent, I can get to meet different people everyday. I learned to be patient, to listen and do whatever I can for them to enjoy their vacation or to get them where they are supposed to go with less hassle. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes, client and sales people do not see eye to eye, a booking mistake, car availability or a discount not given. But nevertheless, we still do the best we can to give them the best service and experience as our clients. In our day to day activity my co-workers and I rely on effective communication to have a smooth daily operation. Sometimes there are misunderstandings, but we learn from mistakes. Our manager held regular quarterly meetings to ensure that he hears our concerns, suggestions and extend help as much as he can. Though one of this job's perks is sales incentives, nothing can top the feeling I get when customers are happy and appreciates all our hard work, leaving our location satisfied, even going to our customer service to commend our location.
Meet fun new people everyday.
front counter attendant/Detailer (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: Long breaks
Cons: Somtimes road kill is still stuck to a car.
A typical day would start out with me behind a computer for a few hours imputing numbers and getting everything ready for the day then in the garage cleaning and washing then back to computer waiting for flights to come in. I learned something new everyday and the joy was not knowing what it will be. Surprises daily and you need to always be on your toes ready for anything. Management was relaxed and orderly they really had a effective system. My co-workers were fun and open. Always ready for whatever and it made everyday interesting. Hardest part would be communication barrier at the airport. People from all over the world needed directions and advice which could make their stay more enjoyable. Best part of the job was driving new cars and meeting new people.
Awesome place
Driver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
Working at Avis Budget group was a wonderful experience for me as I got to meet variety of co-workers and employees that helped to progress and succeed the company's reputation.

The best part I got to experience Ontario as it says " Its yours to discover".
Headquarters