Avis Budget Group

Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome place
Driver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
Working at Avis Budget group was a wonderful experience for me as I got to meet variety of co-workers and employees that helped to progress and succeed the company's reputation.

The best part I got to experience Ontario as it says " Its yours to discover".
Avis & Budget
Rental Agent / Auto Detailer (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMay 4, 2015
A typical day at work would be doing around 30 morning reservations, modifying contracts, filing, cleaning vehicles for the next plane. I have learned how to be patient with customers and how to not stress out so easy. The management of the business is very unorganized, lazy and just never present. My co-workers are wonderful to work with, it really makes the day better knowing that we can work as a team. The hardest part of the job is the management and how unprofessional it is. The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers, the cleaning and how busy it is because the day goes by faster.
Productive place to work
LEAD DISTRIBUTION (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: good team to work with
Cons: working all year long
for distribution department it's an amazing team to work with, plus management was very understandingwith us, and every day ther is something to learn.
Staff transportation
Accounts Payables Officer (Former Employee), KingstonFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch, and uniform
Cons: long hours
Good place to work, provided staff transportation which gave us a little time to unwind and get to know each other while going home.
cars
Service Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2015
People you worked with were awesome. Management was great also.
Very dynamic job
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee), Dorval, QCJanuary 11, 2015
Everyday, I am presented with many different situations with clientele and employees at once, and I would need to figure out a quick solution while remaining calm and presentable and providing a solution to facilitate work and customer satisfaction.

Also, I would be responsible for the efficiency and organization of tasks during the night. Also ensuring fair treatment of employees andn training of current and new employees as well.
Poor management
Fleet Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 4, 2014
Cons: poor management
I worked here for nearly one year and the problem was that they let anyone who happened to be handy manage the shift so you were never clear who was in charge. It led to a lot of narcissistic behavior from co-workers who had little idea about how to handle people. Spent most of my time fighting off ridiculous supervisory practices that others would try to bully through.
Productive workplace
Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 3, 2014
Very Busy Environment but the most enjoyable part of the job is I love working with my co-workers.
Challenging and rewarding place to work.
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 15, 2014
Pros: you are your own boss most of the time, earning potential is high especially during peak seasons like summer.
Cons: you work an average of 10 hours a day on week days, you are open 7 days a week and are only closed on christmas, boxing day and new years day.
Challenging in the sense that you have to personally build your own market. Most of the time, this will be done on your own time and expense.

Very limited corporate support, most especially on high revenue vehicles during peak seasons.
Productive , fulfilling place to work
Agency Operator (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: long hours
A typical day of work for me
Rentals at the airport counter all morning. Between the flights cleaning more cars to get them ready for the next flight. Squeezing in paper work and reports in the afternoon. Some nights working late into the night to make sure there was enough for the morning reservations.

I learned to be a good leader. Learned excellent customer service skills both on the phone and in person. Learned how to run a business and make it successful.

The hardest part of the job for me is the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of being successful.
...b
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 3, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Excellent
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), calgary, albertaOctober 18, 2014
This is a good company to work for
it is excellent and perdect
Good benififs
Fleet License/Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 7, 2014
The overall aspects of AvisBudget Toronto was a good company to work for.
Sales (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 1, 2014
Inspected cars and made rental sales, worked on the computer and used a credit card machine
Normal Day
Return Agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 20, 2014
I was responsible for checking in vehicles and inspecting them. I was able to work Monday thru Friday.
A go no where Career
Manager (Former Employee), CalgaryJune 18, 2014
Pros: people working there. not the owners
Cons: long hours big expectations for mediocre job
The only thing thats good about the place was other people that i worked with. You wont advance very far as here in Alberta budget is owned by a private family which basically means top jobs positions go to family. hours long, also I worked for another car rental company and thier system is more advanced then budget.. budget is very OLD school. Somtimes its the ol "we dont know our selves.. so you figure it out on your own" mentality.
Enjoyed working with my coworkers and management never had any complaints
Agency Operator/General Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2014
Pros: was a job so had lots of time off
Cons: miss being in restaurant business
As a manager, this was my first experience in restaurant business although I had been associated with catering industry for 23 years but not directly with food services but used to watch and closely observe servers dealing with customers, cooks cooking food etc. Which helped me develop my own skills and bought me into restaurant business.
Nice job in the Summer!, Meet a lot of different people.
Service Attendant (Current Employee), Sidney, BCApril 4, 2014
Not a bad job. Met a lot of great people. Learned how to manage staff and how to deal with certain types of employee relations incidents. Loved being outdoors.
Wonderful Job
Customer Assistance Representative (Current Employee), Regina, SKMarch 16, 2014
Pros: fast paced, positive workplace, excellent management, flexible
Cons: long hours, not much room for advancement
I love working for Avis. The job is different every day, and I am never bored. It offers many challenges and problem solving situations which I greatly enjoy. There is not a lot of room for advancement though which is a negative, but overall I am happy with my job and love the management team. The pay is good as the job is based on your hourly wage, plus commissions. This is an excellent part time job. The only real downfall about the job itself is that by being out of an airport location the hours can be very long if flights are delayed.
Awful environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Truro, NSFebruary 17, 2014
Awful environment, Awful management. It is now out of business.

About Avis Budget Group

Whether you're a business traveler on an expense account or a family on vacation counting every penny, Avis Budget Group has a – Read more

Avis Budget Group Photos

Just shined up this mustang
Christmas pic, 2 years ago