Avis Budget Group

Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

Excellent Employment Standart Practice
Shuttler Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson AirportDecember 3, 2015
Very flexible around employee's schedule. The company is a industy leader and demonstrates excellent Customer Service.
long and stressfull
Store Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QCNovember 27, 2015
The days are long and you are running around cleaning cars to prep them for pickups. You also have to answer the phone and take care of walk ins and returns. Give rates and schedule pickups. Its a nice fast paced job really keeps you going but makes you tired at the end of the day. This obviously depends on the time of year, on the low season its not like that its calm and not so busy so its easier.
Pros
good pay rate, meet new people
Cons
long hours, can be physically tiring
Exciting work environment
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 20, 2015
Exciting work environment with minimum supervision. working in a fast phase environment and meeting different people on a regular bases mad the work atmosphere enjoyable. However, lack of cars in long weekends and holidays for customers makes it very difficult for management and stuff to meet clients needs.
Pros
discound car rentals
Cons
long hours and weekends
Productive, Friendly environment
Maintenance and Damage Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dorval QuebecSeptember 14, 2015
There was always something to do, whether it was small simple jobs to big projects. Friendly and helpful co-workers. The most enjoyable part out my job was that there was always something new to do and learn everyday.
very good co workers can support each other
Shuttler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2015
Drive the clean vehicles to airport and park into stalls. I have learned the different models of autoes and relative knowledge. The company encourage people to work with a self-motivated working style. Staffs are support each other. The hardest part of the job is winter's road conditions. The vehicles might slide on the slippery road. The most enjoyable part of the job is traveling to other towns such as Banff.
Meet fun new people everyday.
front counter attendant/Detailer (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJune 24, 2015
A typical day would start out with me behind a computer for a few hours imputing numbers and getting everything ready for the day then in the garage cleaning and washing then back to computer waiting for flights to come in. I learned something new everyday and the joy was not knowing what it will be. Surprises daily and you need to always be on your toes ready for anything. Management was relaxed and orderly they really had a effective system. My co-workers were fun and open. Always ready for whatever and it made everyday interesting. Hardest part would be communication barrier at the airport. People from all over the world needed directions and advice which could make their stay more enjoyable. Best part of the job was driving new cars and meeting new people.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Somtimes road kill is still stuck to a car.
Awesome place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
Working at Avis Budget group was a wonderful experience for me as I got to meet variety of co-workers and employees that helped to progress and succeed the company's reputation.

The best part I got to experience Ontario as it says " Its yours to discover".
Avis & Budget
Rental Agent / Auto Detailer (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 4, 2015
A typical day at work would be doing around 30 morning reservations, modifying contracts, filing, cleaning vehicles for the next plane. I have learned how to be patient with customers and how to not stress out so easy. The management of the business is very unorganized, lazy and just never present. My co-workers are wonderful to work with, it really makes the day better knowing that we can work as a team. The hardest part of the job is the management and how unprofessional it is. The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers, the cleaning and how busy it is because the day goes by faster.
Productive place to work
LEAD DISTRIBUTION (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 6, 2015
for distribution department it's an amazing team to work with, plus management was very understandingwith us, and every day ther is something to learn.
Pros
good team to work with
Cons
working all year long
Staff transportation
Accounts Payables Officer (Former Employee) –  KingstonFebruary 3, 2015
Good place to work, provided staff transportation which gave us a little time to unwind and get to know each other while going home.
Pros
free lunch, and uniform
cars
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2015
People you worked with were awesome. Management was great also.
Very dynamic job
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QCJanuary 11, 2015
Everyday, I am presented with many different situations with clientele and employees at once, and I would need to figure out a quick solution while remaining calm and presentable and providing a solution to facilitate work and customer satisfaction.

Also, I would be responsible for the efficiency and organization of tasks during the night. Also ensuring fair treatment of employees andn training of current and new employees as well.
Poor management
Fleet Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 4, 2014
I worked here for nearly one year and the problem was that they let anyone who happened to be handy manage the shift so you were never clear who was in charge. It led to a lot of narcissistic behavior from co-workers who had little idea about how to handle people. Spent most of my time fighting off ridiculous supervisory practices that others would try to bully through.
Cons
poor management
Productive workplace
Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 3, 2014
Very Busy Environment but the most enjoyable part of the job is I love working with my co-workers.
Challenging and rewarding place to work.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCNovember 15, 2014
Challenging in the sense that you have to personally build your own market. Most of the time, this will be done on your own time and expense.

Very limited corporate support, most especially on high revenue vehicles during peak seasons.
Pros
you are your own boss most of the time, earning potential is high especially during peak seasons like summer.
Cons
you work an average of 10 hours a day on week days, you are open 7 days a week and are only closed on christmas, boxing day and new years day.
Productive , fulfilling place to work
Agency Operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABNovember 12, 2014
A typical day of work for me
Rentals at the airport counter all morning. Between the flights cleaning more cars to get them ready for the next flight. Squeezing in paper work and reports in the afternoon. Some nights working late into the night to make sure there was enough for the morning reservations.

I learned to be a good leader. Learned excellent customer service skills both on the phone and in person. Learned how to run a business and make it successful.

The hardest part of the job for me is the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of being successful.
Pros
good money
Excellent
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  calgary, albertaOctober 18, 2014
This is a good company to work for
it is excellent and perdect
Good benififs
Fleet License/Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 7, 2014
The overall aspects of AvisBudget Toronto was a good company to work for.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 1, 2014
Inspected cars and made rental sales, worked on the computer and used a credit card machine
Normal Day
Return Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 20, 2014
I was responsible for checking in vehicles and inspecting them. I was able to work Monday thru Friday.