Avigilon Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Worst company ever
NA (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 March 2017
You cannot find any worse company than Avigilon.
I am surprised seeing even those few positive feedback here?!!!
Everybody at Avigilon you talk to is looking for a new job.
Believe it or not, 90% of the employees have worked there less than 2 years!
Never risk your life and job by going to Avigilon.
I hope I could rate them ZERO STAR.
Pros
Cons
Management, Atmosphere of Fear, Workload, Job Security, ...
Too many people coming and going
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 February 2017
Difficult to have traction with projects. Strategies are not cost effective. Either doing the right things at the wrong time or the wrong things at the right time.
worst management
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC Canada19 January 2017
Upper management is clueless and have no vision. If they do they certainly will not share it with the people making all the revenue for the company. Failed product launches, horrible communication, customer service has been slipping...stock levels falling
Pros
The best products in the industry
Cons
worst management
Young culture and fun work place
Automation Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 November 2016
Great company to learn. Contribution and achievement get recognized within the team, and the company. I enjoyed working at Avigilon since day one. Lots of social events and employees work well together.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Fast Paced
Poor unfair shop managemen
Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 November 2016
A work environment where employees experience fear, and hear lies from management almost every day. Extremely poor, non-mature and unfair shop floor management.
Pros
Free fruits once a week
Cons
Poor management, unfair environment
Any positive review you see here was written by HR or the CEO's daughter
Senior role (Former Employee) –  Vancouver31 July 2016
Management refuses to learn from their mistakes. They deserve every bad thing that comes their way for the way they treat people and the people's lives they have turned upside down. Culture of fear abounds and if you do not succumb to brainwashing you will be gone in 60 seconds.
Pros
Cons
Too many to fit here.
Fast Paced and Passionate Work Environment
Mechanical Designer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2016
Extremely flexible working hours, team environment was fantastic, work was intriguing and exciting. Overall my experience at Avigilon was incredible.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Experienced colleagues to learn from, great management
Sweat shop with apalling turnover
HR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 October 2015
I did a contract role in HR. The hiring process was extremely slow, and the recruiter didn't know if she was coming or going. I had 6 (?!) interviews, then got offered a 3 month contract. The process took over 3 months start to finish.

There is zero tolerance for any constructive feedback on process/environment, and the leadership in HR was very poor. How can a leader in HR be so awkward around people?!

There were some good people there (this was a year ago) but the high turnover has continued. If you're a heads down 'yes man/woman' you might be ok, but if not best to steer clear of this place.
Pros
Growth of the company/pace
Cons
Low job security
Worst company I ever worked
not to tell (Former Employee) –  Canada18 October 2015
Worst management, unorganized job site, poor working condition. not enough rest room, long line to get in, men/women same, not getting enough help from the management when you are in need.
Pros
free b'day cake
Cons
nothing
A place full of new opportunities. Fun people to work with.
❸ SMT Machine-Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 May 2015
Every day was like a new day, because there was always something new to learn and the more I learned, the more confident I felt about my position. All of my co-workers were friendly, and supportive people not only work related problems but any other issues too. Management provided us with a safe and friendly environment to work at.
Cons
Standing long hours
Fantastic work enviroment with room to grow.
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, B.C.8 April 2015
My day started by looking at the big screen to see how many orders for the day. I then had to review and print all orders for the day and keep track of which co-worker was doing which order. I learned how to complele a B-13 Canada customs paperwork for over seas shipping .I had a great bunch of co-workers, to whom we all got along with each other and saw the bigger picture of propelling the company to the next level. I think the hardest part of the the day was leaving at the end of my shift. I thoroughly enjoyed working and there was always something to do, just not enough time in the day to do it. I regularly requested to work on Saturdays as there was much to do.I pretty much enjoyed the whole job, there was nothing I could or wanted to complain about.
Pros
Lunch was when you got hungry.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day.
An excellent work environment. Co-workers are always willing to lend a hand
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 October 2014
I had the greatest opportunity to temp at Avigilon. I learned so much in my 3 months in the Payroll Specialist position. I would love to work for this company on a permanent basis. Great atmosphere, respectful and fabulous staff.