Avigilon designs, manufactures, and markets award-winning HD surveillance systems. The performance and value leader, Avigilon’s solutions protect and monitor thousands of customer sites in more than 80 countries around the world. Avigilon Control Center, the world’s first open HD Network Video Management Software platform, and megapixel cameras deliver full situational awareness and actionable image detail. Campuses, transportation systems, healthcare providers, public venues, infrastructure, and manufacturing sites with security, safety validation, and compliance requirements all benefit from reduced investigation time and more successful investigations by immediately producing indisputable video evidence.
In 2012 Avigilon was named the Fastest Growing Technology Company in Canada, the Fastest Growing Software Company in North America for the second year in a row, and the 'Company of the Year' by the BC Technology Industry Association. In January 2013, Avigilon was named the Cantech Letter 2012 Stock of the Year (TSX), as voted by Canada's top financial analysts.
To sustain and build upon this growth Avigilon Corporation is looking to fill a full-time shipper position immediately.
Job Description and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for the successful coordination of all outbound freight in a growing, fast-paced manufacturing facility. This requires an individual who has an excellent understanding of international shipping, is self-motivated, and has a strong customer service focus.
- Picking and packaging completed orders into shipping boxes.
- Preparing all shipping documents daily, which include pack lists, bills of lading, B13’s and FCC/NAFTAs if required.
- Coordination with Inside Sales team on same day expedites.
- Investigating shipping delays and reporting back to the Logistics Manager on a daily basis.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Filing all shipping related documents daily.
- Acute attention to detail is required.
- Ability to lift up to 70 Lbs.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar shipping role.
- Preferably have a forklift license or experience with an electric pallet jack.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Self-motivated team player capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced work environment.
- The Shipper may be assigned additional duties of work as informed by Management as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Bus stop is within walking distance.