Avigilon designs, manufactures, and markets award-winning HD surveillance systems. The performance and value leader, Avigilon’s solutions protect and monitor thousands of customer sites in more than 80 countries around the world. Avigilon Control Center, the world’s first open HD Network Video Management Software platform, and megapixel cameras deliver full situational awareness and actionable image detail. Campuses, transportation systems, healthcare providers, public venues, infrastructure, and manufacturing sites with security, safety validation, and compliance requirements all benefit from reduced investigation time and more successful investigations by immediately producing indisputable video evidence.
In 2012 Avigilon was named the Fastest Growing Technology Company in Canada, the Fastest Growing Software Company in North America for the second year in a row, and the 'Company of the Year' by the BC Technology Industry Association. In January 2013, Avigilon was named the Cantech Letter 2012 Stock of the Year (TSX), as voted by Canada's top financial analysts.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
We have multiple openings for positions within our technical support team for people who can combine expert technical advice with outstanding customer service. You will need to learn and understand a very diverse set of technologies in order to effectively troubleshoot and help customers. Our product is a complex, real-time, enterprise system that involves the following core technologies:
- Bandwidth-intensive data streaming over an IP network
- Computer hardware, specifically high-performance server and storage hardware
- Advanced Windows configuration and management
- Electronics and Mechanics
- Software and firmware
- Video compression
- Digital photography
- Large scale integrated systems with thousands of cameras and petabytes of storage
Our goal is to provide fanatical customer service that achieves not just customer satisfaction but customer happiness. We’re looking for someone who loves to help others and can be empathetic even when dealing with tough customers. You have to be an excellent communicator, customers love when we get back to them quickly with a clear, concise, and friendly answer.
Our customers are certified Avigilon resellers, and you’ll be interacting with them via phone and email to solve their problems. There are always new challenges to overcome and new features to learn about, and you will be expected to contribute to our knowledge base as part of your ongoing learning.
- 2-5 years’ experience providing technical support for a technology company
- Self-motivated and focused with a passion for technology and an aptitude for customer happiness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to quickly learn and understand new ideas and concepts
- Pleasant, friendly style of verbal and written communication
- Work well in a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of networking principles and IP communication
- Intimate knowledge and experience with Windows troubleshooting tools and techniques
- Experience with computer hardware configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with network equipment configuration and troubleshooting
Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- College degree or diploma of technology
- Microsoft and/or Cisco certifications
- Prior experience in surveillance industry
- Digital photography hobbyist