Avigilon designs, manufactures, and markets award-winning HD surveillance systems. A performance and value leader, Avigilon's solutions protect and monitor thousands of customer sites in more than 60 countries around the world.
In the past year, Avigilon has garnered a number of awards, including a position among Canada's top five fastest growing companies in the Deloitte Canadian Technology Fast 50TM ranking, a place in the Red Herring 100 Global list and 3rd in the Profit 200 fastest growing companies in Canada.
To sustain and build upon this growth, Avigilon Corporation is looking to fill a full-time Shipping Team Lead.
This individual will be responsible for the successful coordination of all order-pickers and shippers preparing outbound freight in a growing, fast-paced manufacturing facility. This requires a self-motivated, hands-on individual who has an excellent understanding of international shipping, warehousing, logistics, customs and has a strong customer service focus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all shipments are timely & correctly completed each day
- Schedule resources to accomplish the work load.
- Responsible for the Finished Goods inventory organization and replenishment.
- Recommend and implement plans to improve efficiencies
- Challenge and inspire team to achieve results
- Communicate effectively with Order Management both verbally & in writing
- Scheduling (cross) training & staff development as required
- Maintain Standard Operating Process manual for shipping
- Implement & document corrective actions
- As required - assist in processing orders
- Logistics functions as needed (COO preparation, expediting, operational support to USA warehouse).
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar supervisory role.
- Proven experience in identifying and implementing process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Self-motivated team player capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced work environment.
- Acute attention to detail is required.
- Ability to lift up to 70 Lbs.
- Preferably have a forklift license or experience with an electric pallet jack.
- Avigilon may allocate such additional or other duties of work as informed to the Shipper by the Management from time to time as necessary to meet the needs of the business of Avigilon.
- Bus stop at walking distance.