Avigilon designs, manufactures, and markets award-winning HD surveillance solutions. The performance and value leader, Avigilon’s solutions protect and monitor thousands of customer sites in more than 60 countries around the world. Avigilon Control Center, the world’s first open HD Network Video Management Software platform, and megapixel cameras deliver full situational awareness and actionable image detail. Campuses, transportation systems, healthcare providers, public venues, infrastructure, and manufacturing sites with security, safety validation, and compliance requirements all benefit from reduced investigation time and more successful investigations by immediately producing indisputable video evidence.
In 2012, Avigilon was named the Fastest Growing Technology Company in Canada, the Fastest Growing Software Company in North America for the second year in a row, and the 'Company of the Year' by the BC Technology Industry Association. In January 2013, Avigilon was named the Cantech Letter 2012 Stock of the Year (TSX), as voted by Canada's top financial analysts.
We look for the best people: smart, creative, passionate about their work, and excited for new challenges.
Avigilon Corporation has an immediate opening for a Patent Specialist. This position will be a part of our Corporate Legal team and will play a critical role in Avigilon’s growth and the expansion of the company’s patent portfolio. The Patent Specialist will be responsible for monitoring Avigilon’s technological development, coordinating the preparation and prosecution of patent application sand liaising with Avigilon’s Engineering Department on patent issues.
The Patent Analyst will:
- Assist in developing and implementing a corporate patent strategy;
- Uncover and prioritize patentable ideas associated with product development, and prepare any related invention disclosures for use during patent drafting;
- Conduct patentability searches and draft patent applications;
- Coordinate the filing and prosecution of patent applications, working with outside legal counsel and/or patent agents where necessary;
- Monitor third-party technology, search and analyze competitors’ patents and provide opinions, and assist in protecting Avigilon from threats posed by intellectual property litigation;
- Train and educate internal project managers and engineers on patents and patent origination processes.
The ideal candidate’s background will include most or all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering, or related fields;
- In-depth knowledge of US, Canadian and International IP requirements and processes;
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in developing and/or prosecuting technology patents within a Patent Law Firm or in house at a software development or engineering company, ideally focused on both hardware and software
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees;
- Ability to prioritize work and manage high volume of work;
- Proven leader in delivering successful implementation of projects;
- Work experience in global or international team operations preferred;
- Registered Patent Agent is a plus.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Avigilon designs, manufactures, and markets award-winning HD surveillance systems. The performance and value leader, Avigilon’s...