Scope of the Position:
Compiles and maintains records of quantity and type of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies kept in inventory. This covers from point of receipt from vendors through to releasing stock to fill work orders or sales orders.
- Picking and kitting electronic components for the Surface Mount Technology automate production line.
- Be the point of contact for manufacturing or shipping personnel requiring components.
- Communicating floor shortages/inventory discrepancies to the Inventory Control Specialist.
- Inventory stock room maintenance and upkeep.
- Assisting with cycle counts.
- Cross training on receiving function: Receive purchased items from distribution and performing incoming inspection for quality, quantity and correctness in comparison to the parts list and/or mechanical drawings. Enter receiving data into computer.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Acute attention to detail
- High school diploma required
- Counter balance fork lift experience is a must
- Good command of the English language
- Experience in a manufacturing facility preferred
Decision Making and Problem Solving:
- Tasks are diversified and follow a wide range of standardized slightly complex procedures
- Task are considered semi-routine and may be of several varieties
- Moderate exercise of judgment generally covered by standards and precedents
- Problems may occur as a regular part of the job
- Employee works on assigned objectives and may work occasionally independently on special projects.