Avid Technology Employee Reviews

Avid
Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA27 November 2016
OK if you are looking for work and can't find anything better. Co-workers can be stubborn and upper management seems more focused on profits than progress.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything else
Excellent Future
Director of Global Procurement and Travel (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA15 October 2016
Avid is an amazing place to work. I enjoy working with some of the best people I have ever met in an ever changing industry. My role at Avid has evolved over time, and I continue to strive for excellence.
Pros
Colleagues, compensation, flexibility
Cons
Challenging industry trends
Avid people and products are great, Management doesn't have a clue.
Master Instructor/Workflow Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX13 January 2017
I've been associated with Avid over twenty years. In that time, I've witnessed multiple wholesale changes in our upper management that always results with executives getting great parachutes and profiting even when the company doesn't. The last CEO, transformed the company by cutting staff, or outsourcing their jobs, while increasing the workload. The quality of our products and services suffer for it, but it's not about customers or employees it's all about Wall Street.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication between Avid's corporate team members and the customers corporate office, leaving the field of both Avid and the client onsite to figure it out.
Pros
Innovative company with great people living in total job insecurity.
Cons
living with job insecurity.
Avid is a very professional and substatial employer
Director of Storage Products (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA28 February 2016
Typical day
Call Boston, (Avid's Base of operations)update management of sales, product development status
We had great support by Avid
I learned what it was like to work for a very large company.
Management was top caliber people
Travelling around the world, Japan, Australia, Korean, Europe (everywhere)
Avid was generous with its salaries,benefits, and incentives
Pros
Good Benifits, Good leadership
Cons
Avid was on one coast and I was on the other. I did lose time in the air
Look elsewhere
Executive Assistant to Sr. VP Global Services (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA26 January 2017
Avid is quickly sinking. I suggest you pass on them. I suspect within a year's time all products will have been divested and the company will be sold.
Pros
great people (who are left)
Cons
CEO needs to be fired
This is OK company in term of job work and compesation. However the job sercurity is below the average.
Senior Hardware Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MA17 January 2017
Work as a team membertry to meet the target schedule dead line on each project.
Learn the mistakes and avoid them on the next project.
Need to plan to put more hours to finish the projects.
hair cut
Senior Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CA10 January 2017
we play ping pong everyday after work.
free hair cut for all co-worker after work.
I like what I do, I love my job. all co-worker very friendly
very interesting products.
Great people, great team
Senior Revenue Accountant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA24 November 2016
A great place to work with a great team. The company is going through major changes but it should help them come out much stronger. There has been a huge turnover.
Was a great company to work for
Service Logistics Manager II (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA29 January 2013
Avid was a great company, but has been struggling under the current management. For years the focus had been in the professional market, but the focus was diluted with the attempt to compete in the consumer electronics market. Avid has since sold off the consumer products and has re-focused on the professional market. The future is still uncertain, but if they can regain their foothold in the professional Digital Video market,they could be great again. But it doesn't seem likely under the current management.
Pros
good working environment; flexible work arrangement, good benefits, opportunity for advancement.
Cons
questionable future. always reorganizing without any real success.
Driven and Ambitious Company
Executive Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Singapore27 June 2016
I have learnt that a strong company culture can contribute to improved employee communication, collaboration, wellness and performance.
Pros
Trust and Support
Good
Sales force Developer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA7 April 2016
Good to work,co-workers,nice environment,management,everything was enjoying to work over there.Avid products are now used in the television and video industry to create television shows, feature films, and commercials. Media Composer, a professional software-based non-linear editing system, is Avid's flagship product
Pros
Free
Cons
breaks, healthcare
Fun place to work
Order Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Taguig City, Philippines13 May 2016
Avid is a fun place to work, people are friendly and appreciative, and supportive. the management people are easy to get along with and they're very appreciative even in a small thing achievement.
Fun Place to work
January 2011 + Internship (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 July 2016
AVID provided a fun and free environment to work. The other staff were so helpful and friendly. Your own space to work made for a more relaxing experience.
Pros
Start when you want
Cons
Low pay
early days were good but economy made lots of changes
Production Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA2 October 2012
before economy took a turn for the worse this was great place to work.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
downsized a lot
Productive work environment. Small centralized SAP team
BI Team Lead/Programming Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MA21 August 2012
It has been six years since I left Avid. A lot has changed since I left. Complete change in Management from CEO down. IT Organization has moved to the outsource model.

While I was there the SAP team was centralized in one location. Business Analysts could sit down with a developer and quickly work through an issue. Business Analysts would meet with users on a regular basis and review buisness processes.

It was a very productive team and fun to work there.
Pros
productive work environment
Cons
not many advancement opportunities
Fun culture with excellent mid level management
Channel Sales Manager (America's) (Current Employee) –  Remote1 December 2015
Avid overall is a great place to work because the people are extremely passionate on what we sell and into the industry we sell to. Mid level management is extremely strong resulting in loyalty to the team and company.
Good Intern Experience
Resource Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA18 November 2015
I worked with Avid in the Summer of 2014 and I must say the experience was a good one. They try to reach out and make the interns learn as much as possible.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Could give interns a little more access
Productive and fun in first place but now, it's so boring
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Valencia11 February 2016
i am the one who works inside our office. the hardest part is when you want someone to talk but you can't do nothing because you're alone.
Productive work place with pool tables and ping pong to help keep the day moving.
Senior Hardware Systems Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA26 January 2014
I start at 4:00am read email and pull down the first software build of the day. Upgrade my local workstations then move on to my shared storage servers. once they are all updated I start testing the new builds. when my manager comes in around 7:00am I ask if he has any new hardware or software he wants me to test. if there is I will set it up and test it, if not I will continue to test the daily builds and work on any code blues that came in the night before. I also will attend my scrum meetings. My most enjoyable part of my job is when I get new hardware from HP, IBM, Lenovo, Dell, and Apple or new software releases from Microsoft, Apple, and Red Hat.
Pros
Great Coworker, Cutting edge technology, Managers/Directors great to work for
Cons
CEO turnover, Company very VP top heavy
good work enviroment, no progression
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  cramlington/ various UK locations27 January 2015
my current role as an installation technician is certainly not the worst job I have had but I feel I would like the opportunity to build a career in a more challenging environment. after working here for the last 7 months I feel I have learned everything about the job and it is no longer anywhere to progress to. The lack of consistency for work is difficult for me as its a small company there are times when the workload can drop to nothing which I find frustrating as I like to be progressing.

2.7