Avid Technology

Avid Technology Employee Reviews

Excellent Future
Director of Global Procurement and Travel (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA15 October 2016
Avid is an amazing place to work. I enjoy working with some of the best people I have ever met in an ever changing industry. My role at Avid has evolved over time, and I continue to strive for excellence.
Pros
Colleagues, compensation, flexibility
Cons
Challenging industry trends
Avid
Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA27 November 2016
OK if you are looking for work and can't find anything better. Co-workers can be stubborn and upper management seems more focused on profits than progress.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything else
Good
Sales force Developer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA7 April 2016
Good to work,co-workers,nice environment,management,everything was enjoying to work over there.Avid products are now used in the television and video industry to create television shows, feature films, and commercials. Media Composer, a professional software-based non-linear editing system, is Avid's flagship product
Pros
Free
Cons
breaks, healthcare
Fun Place to work
January 2011 + Internship (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 July 2016
AVID provided a fun and free environment to work. The other staff were so helpful and friendly. Your own space to work made for a more relaxing experience.
Pros
Start when you want
Cons
Low pay
Avid is a very professional and substatial employer
Director of Storage Products (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA28 February 2016
Typical day
Call Boston, (Avid's Base of operations)update management of sales, product development status
We had great support by Avid
I learned what it was like to work for a very large company.
Management was top caliber people
Travelling around the world, Japan, Australia, Korean, Europe (everywhere)
Avid was generous with its salaries,benefits, and incentives
Pros
Good Benifits, Good leadership
Cons
Avid was on one coast and I was on the other. I did lose time in the air
Driven and Ambitious Company
Executive Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Singapore27 June 2016
I have learnt that a strong company culture can contribute to improved employee communication, collaboration, wellness and performance.
Pros
Trust and Support
Fun place to work
Order Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Taguig City, Philippines13 May 2016
Avid is a fun place to work, people are friendly and appreciative, and supportive. the management people are easy to get along with and they're very appreciative even in a small thing achievement.
Productive and fun in first place but now, it's so boring
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Valencia11 February 2016
i am the one who works inside our office. the hardest part is when you want someone to talk but you can't do nothing because you're alone.
Fun culture with excellent mid level management
Channel Sales Manager (America's) (Current Employee) –  Remote1 December 2015
Avid overall is a great place to work because the people are extremely passionate on what we sell and into the industry we sell to. Mid level management is extremely strong resulting in loyalty to the team and company.
Good Intern Experience
Resource Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA18 November 2015
I worked with Avid in the Summer of 2014 and I must say the experience was a good one. They try to reach out and make the interns learn as much as possible.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Could give interns a little more access
Great products, poor management
Principal Software Engineer,team lead/scrum master (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA16 May 2015
Avid has great products and great engineering talent but its management is old school and lacks vision with little to no appreciation for its workers. The executive level objectives, planning and direction are abysmal. They recently recovered from a delisting on the stock exchange and are trying to move forward with a skeleton engineering crew.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Waning potential, Tense, demanding work experience.
good work enviroment, no progression
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  cramlington/ various UK locations27 January 2015
my current role as an installation technician is certainly not the worst job I have had but I feel I would like the opportunity to build a career in a more challenging environment. after working here for the last 7 months I feel I have learned everything about the job and it is no longer anywhere to progress to. The lack of consistency for work is difficult for me as its a small company there are times when the workload can drop to nothing which I find frustrating as I like to be progressing.
great products and people
BROADCAST PRE-SALES ENTERPRISE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MA4 July 2012
constant travel on most days. Days not traveling are spent prepping for presentations and delivering presentations to televison executives.
I learned to work with all types of personalities and how to bring people together beyond cross functional diciplines.
My colleagues were other presentation artists and software developers.
I enjoyed watching customers see the magic of the technology and helping them see how it could improve their enterprise.
the hardest part of the job was the constant travel.
Pros
rewarding experiences with great customers
Cons
lots of travel
Productive work environment. Small centralized SAP team
BI Team Lead/Programming Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MA21 August 2012
It has been six years since I left Avid. A lot has changed since I left. Complete change in Management from CEO down. IT Organization has moved to the outsource model.

While I was there the SAP team was centralized in one location. Business Analysts could sit down with a developer and quickly work through an issue. Business Analysts would meet with users on a regular basis and review buisness processes.

It was a very productive team and fun to work there.
Pros
productive work environment
Cons
not many advancement opportunities
Great to work in an environment that created special effects for the movies!
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MA10 July 2013
Enjoyed working here. Supported the Software Engineering Vice President and the Director of Program Management as well as their respective groups such as special effects and audio. Handled calendars, set up meetings, answered phones, made travel arrangements, prepared presentations, maintained various reports. Worked with both PCs and MACs. Very casual atmosphere. Staff/management had many activities to support team building. Left the position due to having to care for a terminally ill parent. Otherwise, I would have stayed.
Pros
Enjoy the work atmosphere.
Cons
Was a great company to work for
Service Logistics Manager II (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA29 January 2013
Avid was a great company, but has been struggling under the current management. For years the focus had been in the professional market, but the focus was diluted with the attempt to compete in the consumer electronics market. Avid has since sold off the consumer products and has re-focused on the professional market. The future is still uncertain, but if they can regain their foothold in the professional Digital Video market,they could be great again. But it doesn't seem likely under the current management.
Pros
good working environment; flexible work arrangement, good benefits, opportunity for advancement.
Cons
questionable future. always reorganizing without any real success.
Productive work place with pool tables and ping pong to help keep the day moving.
Senior Hardware Systems Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA26 January 2014
I start at 4:00am read email and pull down the first software build of the day. Upgrade my local workstations then move on to my shared storage servers. once they are all updated I start testing the new builds. when my manager comes in around 7:00am I ask if he has any new hardware or software he wants me to test. if there is I will set it up and test it, if not I will continue to test the daily builds and work on any code blues that came in the night before. I also will attend my scrum meetings. My most enjoyable part of my job is when I get new hardware from HP, IBM, Lenovo, Dell, and Apple or new software releases from Microsoft, Apple, and Red Hat.
Pros
Great Coworker, Cutting edge technology, Managers/Directors great to work for
Cons
CEO turnover, Company very VP top heavy
very productive
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  burlington ma22 February 2013
Job Duties and Responsibilities: facilities technician responsible for office and furniture moves, hanging pictures, whiteboards, minor paintings and repairs.
Work closely with outside contractors on small facility related projects. Assist in the resolution of construction or contractor related problems.
Responsible for maintaining all equipment and the preventive maintenance programs on all systems, including the UPS, Generators and Chillers. Handle equipment including the schedule and related records to the preventive maintenance.
Responsible to maintain the facility related tool area, keeping it clean and organized.
Coordinate procurement of equipment, supplies and materials to perform required duties.
Assisted in the shipping and receiving function as needed.
Pros
love workinh with a great bunch of employees
Cons
laid off
A once great place
Manager of Applications Specialist/Sales Engineers (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA28 August 2012
Avid, or more accurately Avid's leadership have lost there way, and in an effort to try to re-invent the company have destroyed all that was good about it. It survives today because of the last few remaining truly passionate people.
Pros
most employees can work from home
Cons
ever quarter there is a lay off
New Management and large turnover
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA23 August 2013
Avid is a fantastic company,with very interesting products. Unfortunately, most employees are uneasy about the new management that has been brought in to 'turn the company around'.
Pros
Great people and different/exciting technology

2.8