Avid Technology Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Order Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Taguig City, PhilippinesMay 13, 2016
Avid is a fun place to work, people are friendly and appreciative, and supportive. the management people are easy to get along with and they're very appreciative even in a small thing achievement.
Good
Sales force Developer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 7, 2016
Good to work,co-workers,nice environment,management,everything was enjoying to work over there.Avid products are now used in the television and video industry to create television shows, feature films, and commercials. Media Composer, a professional software-based non-linear editing system, is Avid's flagship product
Pros
Free
Cons
breaks, healthcare
Avid is a very professional and substatial employer
Director of Storage Products (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 28, 2016
Typical day
Call Boston, (Avid's Base of operations)update management of sales, product development status
We had great support by Avid
I learned what it was like to work for a very large company.
Management was top caliber people
Travelling around the world, Japan, Australia, Korean, Europe (everywhere)
Avid was generous with its salaries,benefits, and incentives
Pros
Good Benifits, Good leadership
Cons
Avid was on one coast and I was on the other. I did lose time in the air
Productive and fun in first place but now, it's so boring
Programmer (Current Employee) –  ValenciaFebruary 11, 2016
i am the one who works inside our office. the hardest part is when you want someone to talk but you can't do nothing because you're alone.
Fun culture with excellent mid level management
Channel Sales Manager (America's) (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 1, 2015
Avid overall is a great place to work because the people are extremely passionate on what we sell and into the industry we sell to. Mid level management is extremely strong resulting in loyalty to the team and company.
Good Intern Experience
Resource Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 18, 2015
I worked with Avid in the Summer of 2014 and I must say the experience was a good one. They try to reach out and make the interns learn as much as possible.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Could give interns a little more access
Challenging
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  北京市, C22July 30, 2015
I always touch with end users and learned more from them, not only products and technicals, but also the communication, relationship , etc.
Great products, poor management
Principal Software Engineer,team lead/scrum master (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 16, 2015
Avid has great products and great engineering talent but its management is old school and lacks vision with little to no appreciation for its workers. The executive level objectives, planning and direction are abysmal. They recently recovered from a delisting on the stock exchange and are trying to move forward with a skeleton engineering crew.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Waning potential, Tense, demanding work experience.
good work enviroment, no progression
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  cramlington/ various UK locationsJanuary 27, 2015
my current role as an installation technician is certainly not the worst job I have had but I feel I would like the opportunity to build a career in a more challenging environment. after working here for the last 7 months I feel I have learned everything about the job and it is no longer anywhere to progress to. The lack of consistency for work is difficult for me as its a small company there are times when the workload can drop to nothing which I find frustrating as I like to be progressing.
Ever Changing Landscape
Compensation Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 6, 2014
A good company with a lot of top end turnover in the past couple of years. Company is seeking a new direction.
Great Product
Engineer (Current Employee) –  MassMarch 12, 2014
Smart people, great products. too much middle management.
A flexable job
Merchandising Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAFebruary 12, 2014
I represented the company in the state of michigan and ohio. I would drive to stores in my area to keep the staff up to date on product information. I would give trainings to the dealers and to any customer who asked a question.
Productive work place with pool tables and ping pong to help keep the day moving.
Senior Hardware Systems Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 26, 2014
I start at 4:00am read email and pull down the first software build of the day. Upgrade my local workstations then move on to my shared storage servers. once they are all updated I start testing the new builds. when my manager comes in around 7:00am I ask if he has any new hardware or software he wants me to test. if there is I will set it up and test it, if not I will continue to test the daily builds and work on any code blues that came in the night before. I also will attend my scrum meetings. My most enjoyable part of my job is when I get new hardware from HP, IBM, Lenovo, Dell, and Apple or new software releases from Microsoft, Apple, and Red Hat.
Pros
great coworker, cutting edge technology, managers/directors great to work for
Cons
ceo turnover, company very vp top heavy
New Management and large turnover
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 23, 2013
Avid is a fantastic company,with very interesting products. Unfortunately, most employees are uneasy about the new management that has been brought in to 'turn the company around'.
Pros
great people and different/exciting technology
Cons
management
Great to work in an environment that created special effects for the movies!
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJuly 10, 2013
Enjoyed working here. Supported the Software Engineering Vice President and the Director of Program Management as well as their respective groups such as special effects and audio. Handled calendars, set up meetings, answered phones, made travel arrangements, prepared presentations, maintained various reports. Worked with both PCs and MACs. Very casual atmosphere. Staff/management had many activities to support team building. Left the position due to having to care for a terminally ill parent. Otherwise, I would have stayed.
Pros
enjoy the work atmosphere.
young office, where creativity is encouraged
Project Manager, Customer Success - Video (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 22, 2013
There are a lot of fun people that work here, and your bosses are accessible and open to any questions or concerns you might have. Great environment to work in, always having different projects come up that require problem-solving.
very productive
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  burlington maFebruary 22, 2013
Job Duties and Responsibilities: facilities technician responsible for office and furniture moves, hanging pictures, whiteboards, minor paintings and repairs.
Work closely with outside contractors on small facility related projects. Assist in the resolution of construction or contractor related problems.
Responsible for maintaining all equipment and the preventive maintenance programs on all systems, including the UPS, Generators and Chillers. Handle equipment including the schedule and related records to the preventive maintenance.
Responsible to maintain the facility related tool area, keeping it clean and organized.
Coordinate procurement of equipment, supplies and materials to perform required duties.
Assisted in the shipping and receiving function as needed.
Pros
love workinh with a great bunch of employees
Cons
laid off
Was a great company to work for
Service Logistics Manager II (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 29, 2013
Avid was a great company, but has been struggling under the current management. For years the focus had been in the professional market, but the focus was diluted with the attempt to compete in the consumer electronics market. Avid has since sold off the consumer products and has re-focused on the professional market. The future is still uncertain, but if they can regain their foothold in the professional Digital Video market,they could be great again. But it doesn't seem likely under the current management.
Pros
good working environment; flexible work arrangement, good benefits, opportunity for advancement.
Cons
questionable future. always reorganizing without any real success.
early days were good but economy made lots of changes
Production Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 2, 2012
before economy took a turn for the worse this was great place to work.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
downsized a lot
A once great place
Manager of Applications Specialist/Sales Engineers (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 28, 2012
Avid, or more accurately Avid's leadership have lost there way, and in an effort to try to re-invent the company have destroyed all that was good about it. It survives today because of the last few remaining truly passionate people.
Pros
most employees can work from home
Cons
ever quarter there is a lay off