Avid Technology

Avid Technology Employee Reviews

Look elsewhere
Executive Assistant to Sr. VP Global Services (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA26 January 2017
Avid is quickly sinking. I suggest you pass on them. I suspect within a year's time all products will have been divested and the company will be sold.
Pros
great people (who are left)
Cons
CEO needs to be fired
This is OK company in term of job work and compesation. However the job sercurity is below the average.
Senior Hardware Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MA17 January 2017
Work as a team membertry to meet the target schedule dead line on each project.
Learn the mistakes and avoid them on the next project.
Need to plan to put more hours to finish the projects.
Avid people and products are great, Management doesn't have a clue.
Master Instructor/Workflow Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX13 January 2017
I've been associated with Avid over twenty years. In that time, I've witnessed multiple wholesale changes in our upper management that always results with executives getting great parachutes and profiting even when the company doesn't. The last CEO, transformed the company by cutting staff, or outsourcing their jobs, while increasing the workload. The quality of our products and services suffer for it, but it's not about customers or employees it's all about Wall Street.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication between Avid's corporate team members and the customers corporate office, leaving the field of both Avid and the client onsite to figure it out.
Pros
Innovative company with great people living in total job insecurity.
Cons
living with job insecurity.
hair cut
Senior Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CA10 January 2017
we play ping pong everyday after work.
free hair cut for all co-worker after work.
I like what I do, I love my job. all co-worker very friendly
very interesting products.
Avid
Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA27 November 2016
OK if you are looking for work and can't find anything better. Co-workers can be stubborn and upper management seems more focused on profits than progress.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything else
Great people, great team
Senior Revenue Accountant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA24 November 2016
A great place to work with a great team. The company is going through major changes but it should help them come out much stronger. There has been a huge turnover.
Excellent Future
Director of Global Procurement and Travel (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA15 October 2016
Avid is an amazing place to work. I enjoy working with some of the best people I have ever met in an ever changing industry. My role at Avid has evolved over time, and I continue to strive for excellence.
Pros
Colleagues, compensation, flexibility
Cons
Challenging industry trends
Fun Place to work
January 2011 + Internship (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 July 2016
AVID provided a fun and free environment to work. The other staff were so helpful and friendly. Your own space to work made for a more relaxing experience.
Pros
Start when you want
Cons
Low pay
Driven and Ambitious Company
Executive Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Singapore27 June 2016
I have learnt that a strong company culture can contribute to improved employee communication, collaboration, wellness and performance.
Pros
Trust and Support
Fun place to work
Order Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Taguig City, Philippines13 May 2016
Avid is a fun place to work, people are friendly and appreciative, and supportive. the management people are easy to get along with and they're very appreciative even in a small thing achievement.
Good
Sales force Developer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA7 April 2016
Good to work,co-workers,nice environment,management,everything was enjoying to work over there.Avid products are now used in the television and video industry to create television shows, feature films, and commercials. Media Composer, a professional software-based non-linear editing system, is Avid's flagship product
Pros
Free
Cons
breaks, healthcare
Avid is a very professional and substatial employer
Director of Storage Products (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA28 February 2016
Typical day
Call Boston, (Avid's Base of operations)update management of sales, product development status
We had great support by Avid
I learned what it was like to work for a very large company.
Management was top caliber people
Travelling around the world, Japan, Australia, Korean, Europe (everywhere)
Avid was generous with its salaries,benefits, and incentives
Pros
Good Benifits, Good leadership
Cons
Avid was on one coast and I was on the other. I did lose time in the air
Productive and fun in first place but now, it's so boring
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Valencia11 February 2016
i am the one who works inside our office. the hardest part is when you want someone to talk but you can't do nothing because you're alone.
Fun culture with excellent mid level management
Channel Sales Manager (America's) (Current Employee) –  Remote1 December 2015
Avid overall is a great place to work because the people are extremely passionate on what we sell and into the industry we sell to. Mid level management is extremely strong resulting in loyalty to the team and company.
Good Intern Experience
Resource Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA18 November 2015
I worked with Avid in the Summer of 2014 and I must say the experience was a good one. They try to reach out and make the interns learn as much as possible.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Could give interns a little more access
Challenging
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  北京市, C2230 July 2015
I always touch with end users and learned more from them, not only products and technicals, but also the communication, relationship , etc.
Great products, poor management
Principal Software Engineer,team lead/scrum master (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA16 May 2015
Avid has great products and great engineering talent but its management is old school and lacks vision with little to no appreciation for its workers. The executive level objectives, planning and direction are abysmal. They recently recovered from a delisting on the stock exchange and are trying to move forward with a skeleton engineering crew.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Waning potential, Tense, demanding work experience.
good work enviroment, no progression
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  cramlington/ various UK locations27 January 2015
my current role as an installation technician is certainly not the worst job I have had but I feel I would like the opportunity to build a career in a more challenging environment. after working here for the last 7 months I feel I have learned everything about the job and it is no longer anywhere to progress to. The lack of consistency for work is difficult for me as its a small company there are times when the workload can drop to nothing which I find frustrating as I like to be progressing.
Ever Changing Landscape
Compensation Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA6 November 2014
A good company with a lot of top end turnover in the past couple of years. Company is seeking a new direction.
Great Product
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mass12 March 2014
Smart people, great products. too much middle management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avid Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7