Aviat Networks Employee Reviews

Decent job with decent pay. Very limited opportunities for advancement
Network Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX27 September 2016
Good job to start an IT carrer, but very limited opportunities for advancement withing the company. Very high turn around with contracted employees. Very little technical skills at middle management level.
Pros
Shift Schedule is 3 days on 4 days off alternating every week
A typical day at work with interfacing clients and contractors
Project Manager Eastern Cape Region (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape8 May 2016
A typical day at work is to be adjustable to changes. This is not by lack of planning your day and your duties but the clients expectations and priorities changes daily and we need to be ready to act accordingly by planning the contractors schedules and equipment deliveries. Reporting on all activities take place before work started or after working hours. Discipline and focussing on completing the activities take priority in the day. Invoicing is part of our early morning discussions for the day ahead. Communication is crucial and morning , mid day and afternoon feedback is required to make this an success.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
No Salary increases for past 4 years
On the Job Trainee (Former Employee) –  Clark Freeport Zone20 April 2016
The company is great. I learned so many things in this company while I'm under training. The management and my co-workers are awesome. The hardest part of the job is when a unit is so hard to troubleshoot. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you fixed a unit.
Fun place to work with basket ball game
Network Integrator (Former Employee) –  Nation Wide11 January 2016
*Installation of communications equipment
*Learned how to be a team player
*Was excellent about job placement
*They made my job easier ! they were more like family then co-workers
*Being a network integrator required traveling ( Nation Wide )
*Flying and experiencing different cultures and enjoying the different food .
Pros
Flying
Cons
being away from family
Aviat
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA15 December 2015
Everyday was a uphill battle due to the downturn in NA sales mixed with the lack of new product development to offer to a fast paced market.
Pros
Co-worker, Homebased
Cons
Leadership not willing to change with the times.
Non stressful
RNOC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX11 November 2015
I did like working at Aviat Networks, but I need a new challenge, I like meeting new people and going the extra yard in my roll, but at this time it has stalled for now.
great place to work
International Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA4 November 2015
Open to learn new thing each particular day is just confront different activities in a very different scenarios. new technology is the regular basic work day.
Pros
training opportunities
Cons
flexibility to chosee work schedule
A productive organization, where there's opportunity to improve.
Lead Technical Support Engineer - Tier 3 (Current Employee) –  Lagos, LA15 October 2015
A nice place to work and learnt on the job, a chance other big companies may not give. The management is supportive, allowing for growth and development of skills.
I learnt how to interface with customers and provide solutions to their networks' issues which I enjoy very well. Politics in the organization seem to resent me but all large organizations have it.
Pros
Opportunities to grow
Cons
Remuneration
Had potential but lacked stability
Lead Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC28 September 2015
Had the opportunity to help build the Network Operations Center from the ground up and create processes that kickstarted network operations. Overall good environment but payroll did a horrible job in handling pay.
Productive environment, with a Manager that appreciates hard work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA3 August 2015
Daily was responsible for the inventory and parts in 3 stock rooms. Ensuring that the MCO floor was stocked for their daily production. Running cycle count, and working with Manager/Supervisor on the shipments of finished product.
Pros
Immediate Manager/Supervisor
Cons
Closure of the department, transfering work over-seas
Great people
VP / CIO (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA8 May 2015
Long lasting relationships with many people here. It was as any company, good and bad and you make the best of it. Aviat sits in a very difficult market, but generally the people were very dedicated and kept moving forward.
A very productive and fun workplace with access to a pool table.
R&R Engineer (On-the-Job Trainee) (Former Employee) –  Angeles, Philippines28 March 2015
~Learned and had access with the devices used in Telecommunications like the company's microwave radio indoor and outdoor units.

~Had an audio-visual presentation about proper soldering and static electricity.

~Was able to learn how to use the machines used by repairing microwave radio's like, the oven and the different calibrating machines.

~Learned the process of repairing microwave radios.
Pros
Free transportation and has free access to a mini gym.
Cons
None.
Work and Life Balance
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Changi Business Park, Singapore11 March 2015
Aviat is a great place to work. The problem is that the upper management does not know how to manage well with their employees.
Great experience
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Middle East & Africa28 January 2015
I had a great experience essentially managing the difficult customers and be their best support
Productive, we can do what we want unless we finish our work, we have small gym and badminton court inside the ware house.
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Clark field Pampanga, Philippines23 August 2014
We start 830 am check emails, so that i would know my task for the day. Make itinerary for the outside work like, going to different department and government offices. In this company they teaches me how to be more independent regarding my work and also personality enhancement. My upper management treat me not a lower level employee, all of us in this company are equal. so that we can work properly. With regards to my co worker, OMG they are all good, they became my friends as in good friends. I think nothing is because in this company we are equal. only the for me the hardest thing was when i left the company to join my present job. Aviat Networks, i can define it as food, why because we always eat eheheheh. free lunch, free snacks. We have team building every year and i prepared it. We also have a summer outing, tree planting, out reach and also joining fun run. I will never forget Aviat Network in my life.
Pros
They give free lunch once there is a bday, snacks, team building yearly, summer outing etc.
Cons
we only work 8:30 to 5:30pm Over time allowed with approval to the manager
Good company
Senior RF product engineer (Current Employee) –  Wellington, New Zealand11 April 2014
Good co-workers
Walk in lunch time
Design is enjoyable
Good manager
Nice vender
Flash air
10 hours per day
Pros
Free parking
Cons
cold
Small workout gym on site.
Sr. Component Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA30 January 2014
Typical Silicon Valley working environment.
Friendly co-workers.
Fun place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA23 January 2014
I have learn a lots of things at works in a short period of time. Most people here are very flexible and get along. Help one another to push hot shipment out and go happy hour after work. Even though, I only work part-time w/ okay pay. Which I don't mind and enough to pay my rent. That's all it count.
Pros
team work
Cons
pretty decents
Company is no longer growing
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC22 January 2014
The company operates in a space that could be profitable. Product line requires innovation to grow.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Company's financial growth is flat to declining
A Quick View
Production Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX22 January 2014
* Daily meetings with Customers, Vendors, and Management to review order progress
*Lack of communication