Aviat Networks Employee Reviews

On the Job Trainee (Former Employee) –  Clark Freeport ZoneApril 20, 2016
The company is great. I learned so many things in this company while I'm under training. The management and my co-workers are awesome. The hardest part of the job is when a unit is so hard to troubleshoot. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you fixed a unit.
Fun place to work with basket ball game
Network Integrator (Former Employee) –  Nation WideJanuary 11, 2016
*Installation of communications equipment
*Learned how to be a team player
*Was excellent about job placement
*They made my job easier ! they were more like family then co-workers
*Being a network integrator required traveling ( Nation Wide )
*Flying and experiencing different cultures and enjoying the different food .
Pros
Flying
Cons
being away from family
A productive organization, where there's opportunity to improve.
Lead Technical Support Engineer - Tier 3 (Current Employee) –  Lagos, LAOctober 15, 2015
A nice place to work and learnt on the job, a chance other big companies may not give. The management is supportive, allowing for growth and development of skills.
I learnt how to interface with customers and provide solutions to their networks' issues which I enjoy very well. Politics in the organization seem to resent me but all large organizations have it.
Pros
Opportunities to grow
Cons
Remuneration
Aviat
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 15, 2015
Everyday was a uphill battle due to the downturn in NA sales mixed with the lack of new product development to offer to a fast paced market.
Pros
Co-worker, Homebased
Cons
Leadership not willing to change with the times.
great place to work
International Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 4, 2015
Open to learn new thing each particular day is just confront different activities in a very different scenarios. new technology is the regular basic work day.
Pros
training opportunities
Cons
flexibility to chosee work schedule
Productive environment, with a Manager that appreciates hard work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 3, 2015
Daily was responsible for the inventory and parts in 3 stock rooms. Ensuring that the MCO floor was stocked for their daily production. Running cycle count, and working with Manager/Supervisor on the shipments of finished product.
Pros
Immediate Manager/Supervisor
Cons
Closure of the department, transfering work over-seas
Had potential but lacked stability
Lead Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 28, 2015
Had the opportunity to help build the Network Operations Center from the ground up and create processes that kickstarted network operations. Overall good environment but payroll did a horrible job in handling pay.
Non stressful
RNOC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 11, 2015
I did like working at Aviat Networks, but I need a new challenge, I like meeting new people and going the extra yard in my roll, but at this time it has stalled for now.
A very productive and fun workplace with access to a pool table.
R&R Engineer (On-the-Job Trainee) (Former Employee) –  Angeles, PhilippinesMarch 28, 2015
~Learned and had access with the devices used in Telecommunications like the company's microwave radio indoor and outdoor units.

~Had an audio-visual presentation about proper soldering and static electricity.

~Was able to learn how to use the machines used by repairing microwave radio's like, the oven and the different calibrating machines.

~Learned the process of repairing microwave radios.
Pros
Free transportation and has free access to a mini gym.
Cons
None.
Great people
VP / CIO (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 8, 2015
Long lasting relationships with many people here. It was as any company, good and bad and you make the best of it. Aviat sits in a very difficult market, but generally the people were very dedicated and kept moving forward.
Work Routine
PRESALES NETWORK ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Lagos,NigeriaJanuary 19, 2014
My work is something that's not just a means of living but a thing of fun for me.I wake up everyday with the joy of going to an office where professionalism is appreciated and where fun is part of work.
Basically,i have learnt that high productivity does not just depend on individual skills but also the ability to work along with colleagues in a team, encourage team spirit and creating fun out of work.
There times when very difficult decisions have to be taken, this could be hard sometimes.
Most enjoyable part of my job is the professionalism, the respect and culture expressed in my work environment.
Friendly company with a chanlenged industry
Cash Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 17, 2013
I enjoy working as a treasury manager for the active requirement, detail and fast tracking of the daily work load.

Working as treasury manager requires outstanding customer service, to communicate with vaious internal and external customers. Great atitude is a key roll in deliver and comply with the treausry manager.

l liked working with the C level management to communicate the company's cash on a daily and weekly basis.

The hardest part of the job dealing with un proper documentation for any past transactions.

The most enjoable part of the job is doing different tasks and dealing and communicationg alomost with all the departments.
Fun place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 23, 2014
I have learn a lots of things at works in a short period of time. Most people here are very flexible and get along. Help one another to push hot shipment out and go happy hour after work. Even though, I only work part-time w/ okay pay. Which I don't mind and enough to pay my rent. That's all it count.
Pros
team work
Cons
pretty decents
Great people, tough industry
Director of Global Corporate Marketing (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 19, 2012
Medium sized business competing in a tough global telecoms market, dominated by large corporations (Ericsson, Huawei, etc).
Great people and dynamic work environment.
Pros
travel, work variety, flat organization, entrepreneurial attitude
Cons
poor compensation package.
Productive and enjoyable place.
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2012
Tuned microwave communications waveguides, diplexers and multiplier filters for installation in microwave radios. Management was pleasant, co-workers were productive and conversational. The most enjoyable part of the job was independence.
Pros
good environment.
Work and Life Balance
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Changi Business Park, SingaporeMarch 11, 2015
Aviat is a great place to work. The problem is that the upper management does not know how to manage well with their employees.
Great experience
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Middle East & AfricaJanuary 28, 2015
I had a great experience essentially managing the difficult customers and be their best support
Company is no longer growing
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 22, 2014
The company operates in a space that could be profitable. Product line requires innovation to grow.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
company's financial growth is flat to declining
Excellent place to work
Territory Manager Lagos, Nigeria (Current Employee) –  LagosSeptember 21, 2012
Its a fast changing company on the positive side due to the dynamism of the industry. Very stable and has lot of potentials to be better.
I enjoy working here
Antenna Component Assembler (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2012
I would recommend this job to others seeking work.
It is a friendly and relaxing environment which allows me to be very productive.