The Route Planner is responsible for assisting in the daily functions of customer service, customer deliveries and vendor pick-ups.
Night shift: 12:00 am - 8:00 am
Monday - Friday
Main Functions Include:
- Responsible for dispatching deliveries and managing the daily scheduling of all Street drivers.
- Planning out same and next day delivery routes via routing software.
- Ensure time calls are met while scheduling delivery routes.
- Communicate internally with the order desk to understand ship-to’s and addresses and ensure the information is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure there is adequate communication and overlap between all shifts and route planners to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Communicate with branches and various departments to work through delivery and pick-up related issues.
- Ensure deliveries and vendor pick-ups are assigned.
- Vacation coverage for other dispatchers required occasionally.
- Assist drivers in the training of handheld device systems.
- Working with the order coordinators to ensure the picking process correlates with route creation.
Other duties as assigned.
- Interacts with vendors to coordinate order pickups.
- Interacts with employees within the Distribution Centre, Head Office and at Branches to work through customer service related matters.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a fast paced dispatch environment.
- Previous dispatch software experience a must.
- Knowledge of the geography of Southern Ontario with an emphasis on the GTA.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Strong customer service, communication (written, oral and interpersonal), and technological skills.
- Strong follow-up skills and able to deal with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Product knowledge an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
Indeed - 4 months ago