The Retail Manager oversees the overall operation of retail stores across Canada. This position leads a complex volume of Brand stores. The market consists of stores that vary in complexity (sales, inline & kiosk store environments). In this market the RM is responsible for building and retaining a high-performing and diverse workforce of Store Management within the market as well as contributing to the management of talents overall talent pipeline. The RM is responsible for articulating and executing the Company Brand vision and strategy to the Store Management team in a manner consistent with Company's Employee Guidelines. The RM leads the Store Management team to meet sales budgets, customer service goals, and Operating and People objectives through execution, coaching and accountability. The RM is accountable for representing the brands within the company business landscape, understanding our competitors and their operations as well as supporting excellent tenant and community relationships. The RM acts as an advocate for the field and a brand ambassador within the Company Brand organization and the external marketplace. The RM is responsible for leveraging the expertise of cross-functional business partners to achieve business goals.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE…
- Creating and maintaining an outstanding customer service experience
- Increasing sales and profitability within respective district(s)
- Creation of store budget and plans within regional guidelines provided by Brand Manager
- Monitoring and management of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) i.e. units per transaction, retail per transaction, etc. and Profit & Loss Statement, by store and region
- Ensuring a high level of execution of brand and product strategies within the stores
- Working with corporate business partners to accomplish objectives, and grow the business and develop staff
- Managing team to adhere to set inventory procedures in order to achieve Shrink targets in accordance with Company objectives
- Consistently managing inventory control processes to ensure prevention of asset loss in conjunction with Loss Prevention and Operations
Visual & Merchandising
- Ensuring all stores are in compliance with Company's visual/merchandising directives
- Ensuring all directives are executed within a timely manner without negatively impacting the shopping experience
- Communicating any concerns with the product range or missing key looks and provide information on competitors to the Brand Manager
Staffing & Performance Management
- Ensuring selection and retention of top talent along with strategic vision or long term succession planning
- Coaching, training and mentoring Store Management team on KPI's
- Providing strategic direction to store management
- Monitoring individual results and provides appropriate feedback
- Creating and maintaining a coaching culture and a culture of accountability to the business
- Managing employee relations and work environments in conjunction with Store Management and Human Resources
- Ideally at least four (4) years of multi-store retail sales leadership experience, ideally within the apparel and/or accessories industry
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common visual directives and financial reports
- Ability to effectively present information and reports to senior management
- Proven inventory management skills
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Intermediate level skill with MS Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organization, negotiation, presentation & interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Results oriented with strong bias for action and a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Must be a self-starter who works well independently and in team environments
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and regular access to personal vehicle
- Must be able to travel within assigned territory, occasionally to various locations within Canada and abroad.
- Mid Level Management
- Full-Time, 40 hours per week on average. Must maintain open availability to meet the needs of the business and may be required to work more than 40 hours a week, certain holidays and blackout dates.
Moderate physical effort is required and significant walking and standing is required for the majority of each shift. While this position has a low risk of injury, the position requires lifting, pushing, pulling and holding (up to 35 lbs and above with appropriate support) of boxes and store fixtures, as well as, significant focus when completing paperwork, cash management or using the POS.
Store visit travel is required on a regular basis. Expectation of flight and car travel across Canada.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -