Aversan Inc. (www.aversan.com) is a reputable Engineering Company that provides expertise in the Aerospace and Defense industry. We are currently seeking qualified Principal Engineers to work on leading edge technology products. The successful candidates for this position will be a part of highly motivated and highly technical work environment that feeds off the collective energy of a team-oriented workplace.
Location: Mississauga, ON
Job Type: Full-time
- Optimize PBA placement & routing to meet EMC requirements for Emissions and Susceptibility.;
- Perform on-site and off-site development test support, e.g. System EMC/Lightning Testing;
- Generate EMC Control Plans and Qualification Test Plans, and review Qualification Test Procedures and Qualification Test Reports;
- Participate in design reviews & New Product Development;
- Interface with customers to solidify EMC requirements;
- Support the multi-site EMC Design group (activities may include EMC support for projects based out of other HI locations);
- The individual will interact with other COE's across multiple locations and assist to resolve day-to-day issues;
- Occasional travel may be necessary.
- B.A. Sc. in Electrical, Systems Design, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering;
- A minimum of eight years directly related experience in EMC design;
- Ability to function as a hands-on EMC technical consultant with the highest level of personal conduct;
- Ability to effectively generate EMC Control Plan and design documentation, review qualification test procedures and reports;
- Demonstrated analog and digital EMC experience in low/medium power conversion systems;
- Experience in planning and in the Product Lifecycle Design process;
- Experience in providing basis of estimates and other proposal inputs;
- Working knowledge of Computer Aided Engineering tools (such as PSPICE, LTSPICE, MathCAD, SwitcherCAD, etc.);
- Demonstrated awareness of EMC Standards such as MIL-STD 461 and RTCA-DO-160;
- Experience in system integration, in developing of documentation, in verification/validation /troubleshooting skills, in design for EMC compliance;
- Ability to plan your time and to multiplex between multiple projects with-in the same day;
- Aerospace electrical power components design & integration experience is an asset;
- A security clearance is an asset;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a cross functional engineering design team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Emerged from a small project-based consulting company, Aversan has now become a firm that is adept at handling medium to large-scale...