- A minimum of eight years’ experience in a related IT role, with the most recent experience working independently as a senior member of a technical services team;
- Experience with HP-UX and Linux, network security infrastructure and with TCP/IP services such as DHCP, DNS;
- Proficient with scripting and/or various programming languages (shell/bash/perl);
- Ability to troubleshoot various situations with customer interaction over the phone and/or in person;
- Excellent technical documentation skills are a requirement;
- Working knowledge of applications or services such as Apache, Tomcat;
- Solid understanding of data centre hardware including storage devices such as SAN or NAS connected via fiber;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal within all levels of the organization in a team oriented environment;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities under the pressure of time constraints;
- Appreciation for and understanding of organizational principles and practices;
- Working knowledge of VMware ESX or other virtualization technologies is considered an asset;
- Experience working with routers, switches, hubs and wiring is considered an asset;
- Familiarity with server hardening and patching is considered an asset;
- SAP Basis Administration is considered an asset.
Emerged from a small project-based consulting company, Aversan has now become a firm that is adept at handling medium to large-scale...