Avenue Machinery Corp. is immediately seeking to hire a full time Accounts Payable Clerk for our Abbotsford branch. Avenue is one of Canada's largest Kubota dealers as well as a distributor of Acgo and Krone products. We are a very busy dealership year round and require a qualified, organized and motivated individual to develop great customer, vendor and employee satisfaction and trust.
- Receive and verify invoices comply with financial policies and procedures including approvals and department allocations
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry and post invoices
- Manage the cheque run including disbursement requests, cheque distribution and outstanding cheque review
- Prepare manual cheques when required
- Reconcile vendor statements to accounts payable sub ledger
- Participate in month and year end closing procedures for the Company's financial statements
- Prepare daily and month end close duties.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations on a timely basis with supporting schedules, analyze and investigate reconciling items, and prepare correcting journal entries.
- Identify and record month end accruals
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of accounts payable and general accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of the Accounts Payable cycle
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Work well in a computer environment with strong MS Office skills particularly with Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed with strong organizational skills
- Experience and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Based on experience and qualifications.
Base salary with full medical and dental program.
Indeed - 19 months ago