Aveda

Aveda Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing Company Mission
Stylist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2013
Pros: international love brand status
Cons: limited upward mobility on the creative side
I learned to set and be an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world.
good place to work tons of chances to move up, lots to learn
Process Lead/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Blaine, MNJuly 17, 2013
Pros: the benifits, vacation time, and payed holidays, and most of all the experience out of it.
Cons: you just can't get past managment, getting managment to understand
- transition with other shifts,operating high speed line maitanance of the machine produce quality product organizing paper work and making sure all of your employee's are safe and following procedures

- how to be a good process lead and being in charge of employee's how to be lean and make the work place a better working enviorment, and making sure – more... we are time efficiant and cost effective

- management is one of the biggist problems at aveda to many supervisors and most do not have the proper knowlege and line experience that most of the employee's do

- The hardest part at aveda is trying to be on the same page as managment.

- The best part about that job is the people you work with on line everyday and the benifits and experience – less
nice place
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee), Circle Pines, MNJuly 16, 2013
Friendly people, willing to go out of their way to make your day more pleasant.
productive fun enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 17, 2013
Pros: education
Fun environment based on educating and assisting clients with hair care needs and product knowledge. We are there to make the client feel comfortable and open about any questions they may have or to help them relax during any services we may offer in the store.
nice plece to work
Line Leader (Former Employee), MNMarch 25, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: n/a
I learned to use tools fix machine use SAP
Boss always is interesting on get better conditions of work People is good to work with
Every day was enjoyable to be there and work for the company
Productive and team oriented
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Corte Madera, CAMarch 8, 2013
I learned to idenitfy the strenghts and abilities in others that I work with to help better the careers of those I managed. This allowed me to develop traits in my employees to add in the success of their professional occupations.
Store Manager/Team Leader (Current Employee), Puyallup, WAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: people, clients, company, management, coworkers
Cons: good inventory system not in place
Open or close the store depending on schedule, check stock, check sales from previous day, recalculate goals, review notes, and help with any problems that may have arisen.
Learned: I learned how much Aveda has helped the environment, and what they do for local communities.
Management: Always attentive to everyones needs and goals.
Co-workers: Very – more... pleasant, all work towards the same goal, no bickering.
Hardest Part: Keeping inventory up to date.
Most enjoyable: The people! – less
Only Concern is opening credit and numbers.
Store Manager/Team Leader (Current Employee), Puyallup, WAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: discount on items purchased.
Cons: lack of management, push credit not product
Worked in retail sales, would get a daily sales goal when you clock in, then we had daily sales meetings, they would tell us how many credits we needed, we went back opened our registers. As the day would progress the management would walk around asking if we made our credit goals.
Coworkers: Most coworkers were very pleasant, but all had little trust – more... in management, we all would speak and help each other in times of crisis.
Hardest part of job: Lack of management.
Most enjoyable part: Coworkers and clients. – less
welness and all that jazz
Lead Keyholder (Former Employee), Frisco, TXFebruary 24, 2013
The district manager was a b---- fake as all get out! She left and then came back and works for the salons as something high up there. I love the products here! LOVE them but they make you pressure the people into buying product. Wear all black---which is fine--great discount--i dont like their process for picking out management
Aveda is a great environment to work in!
Digital Marketing Manager (Contract) (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 16, 2012
This is the first position where I felt like I had known my co-workers for years! I was given the tools necessary to do my job efficiently and successfully!
Very informative experience
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Paramus, NJSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: work load distributed evenly
Cons: few hours
Learned a lot about different products/ingredients. Enjoyed recommending products. Organizing gift sets for the holidays.
Relaxing
Lead Advisor (Former Employee), las vegasAugust 14, 2012
Probably the best job I've had that had great training experiences. Appropriate work ethics. Great products.
Typical Day At Work
Keyholder (Former Employee), white plainsJuly 10, 2012
Greet customers and efficiently process transactions within busy, fast-paced retail environments. Operate cash register, scanners and computers to itemize and total customer purchases; collect payments and make change for cash transactions; and balance drawer at the end of each shift. Assist with store stocking, floor-sets and opening/closing procedures.
benifits are great
compounder level2 (Current Employee), Blaine, MNJune 25, 2012
Pros: great place to work good benifits
Cons: pay is on the low end for job dutuie and responsabilitys
Look at what batches i am making for the day and transition with other shift employee to see where the batch is and continue.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2012
Great management opportunities. Excellent co-workers, great benefits.
Retail Store - Natural Based Product Line
Team Leader (Former Employee), Indianapolis INFebruary 27, 2012
Offers a variety of products for total body care, in store training
Empresa construtiva e agradavel de trabalhar.
Secretaria Bilingue (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2014
Pros: ambiente tranquilo e agradável.
Cons: nao fornece vale-refeicao e custos com transporte.
Um dia tipico seria entrar na empresa as 9 horas da manha, organizar a mesa de trabalho, conferir os agendamentos de clientes no programa de computador, confirmar a entrada e saida de clientes do salao.
Alem de se certificar de que todos os clientes presentes no salao deveriam ser atendidos no horario, e de que estavam satisfeitos com o servico prestado – more... pela empresa. – less

About Aveda

The company's Estée and Bobbi are counted among some of the closest friends to women worldwide. Estée Lauder sells cosmetics, – Read more

Aveda Photos