Aveda

Aveda Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 20, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers and nice customers
Cons: poor management
This job started off really well. I learned a lot about customer service and the product and how a salon runs. I had been at this job for eight months before one of the managers came back from maternity leave. Since then the store does not run smoothly, there is too much gossip, we never get the schedule on time and there is not much support from the – more... manager. The rest of the team is great to work with, however the management is not. – less
not a fair company
Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: bad managing
The managers are very biased and do not appreciate real talent,
Aveda only has great products
Front-Line/ Make-up Artist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 23, 2013
Pros: great products
Cons: bad management
I love the products and still use them as for working pay is low for amount of work demanded.
Great co-workers and product!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Vancouver BC, Victoria BCMay 17, 2013
Pros: free and discounted product! respectful managers and fun co-workers.
Cons: annoying customers
For a retail job, Aveda is fantastic. During my time there, I worked at five locations in two cities. Management were respectful across the board. Although a "sales advisor" doesn't get great pay, it's equivalent to other retail positions and Aveda offers a better work environment and organizational culture than many other retailers; for example, it's – more... a much more fun and easier retail choice than working in apparel.

Most Aveda customers are fine, but a lot are annoying and impatient. Great co-workers and discounts, however, compensate for that. When I worked at Aveda, the discounts and offers of free products changed frequently but were always fair. – less
Great company but growing too fast?
Manager (Current Employee), USADecember 16, 2014
Pros: great discount, great coworkers and customers
Cons: work/life balance, out of touch corporate offices, lazy culture at some stores
There's a palpable feeling of purpose at every level in this company. It's what keeps many associates working for this brand for decades. Customers are also drinking the kool aid and are for the most part kind, engaged people to be interacting with all day.

Work/Life balance is like anyone would expect in retail; not great but tolerable if you know – more... what you're signing up for.

Some stores set a low bar for visuals and execution of corporate direction which can be frustrating.

My major critique of this company would be that it is growing very quickly and corporate seems to scramble to provide accurate support for stores. People are stretched very thin at corporate and it can be hard to get the support for what is needed to run a successful business. If Aveda wants to compete as a luxury cosmetics brand they will need to elevate the standard and get ahead of promotions, events, and have a more competitive wage/bonus system. – less
Hard work fun and very Interesting
Acting Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kensington, ENGDecember 1, 2014
Aveda was my Longest job 8 years in total again Harvey Nichols 4 years then moved to Aveda shop 4 years again.
I enjoyed working with Hair care products such as Shampoo and conditioners and Treatments, Aveda also sold a small range of skincare and makeup as well as having hairdressers working along side of a team.
I used to help wash the customers hair – more... and do treatments but my main role was to advice the customer on the correct products to apply to there hair.
Aveda was the most challenging companies to work for as they were very much into saving the planet and being 99% naturally derive from plant and flowers we was always doing events and raising money for water and caring for the Environment.
Again we had a great team Manager Hairdresser and 2 sales people.
on my cv it will explain my roles such as Key Holder cash duties fire warden sales person also working along side of my manager helping with sending off faxes and figures.
Again I'm a true peoples person and love engaging with peoples need and making walk out of the door happy wanting to come back, I would say that would always make my day. – less
great job
EDUCATOR/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 21, 2014
I really miss this place. Everything is awesome. Great co-workers great benefits great opportunities for advancement, great pay. I didn't know what I had here until I got stuck in this new job that I hate. I miss Aveda so much. Would highly recommend.
Fun friendly exciting
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILNovember 3, 2014
Pros: fun friendly
Cons: slow-paced
slow-paced but very professional and ever changing products. Loved the creative part of the job
productive, busy, have to work under pressure
assistant, head assistant in salon (Former Employee), Guildford, ENGOctober 30, 2014
Pros: free outings, and lunch
Cons: unfriendly people
My everyday work in the salon was to smile making sure everything was run smoothly, clients where happy and getting the best service we can offer them by offering extra service such as teas coffees magazines and rituals that can be offered when a client is waiting for colour/cut or hair wash like: offering hand massages, head massages, shoulder and – more... head and always offering the well being aveda tea to help relax our clients mentally and physically.

In addition to that i've also worked on the desk taking care of the front house and the cash, my job was to take clients bills asking how their service was making sure they leave satisfied, always asked if they wanted to rebook and if they wanted any products and if yes i would ask them what their needs are and tell the client what i would recommend

The hardest part of this job was sometimes we wouldn't get a lunch break due to how busy it was, but i would rather work in a busy environment than a quiet one

The most enjoyable part was being able to make someone smile and happy and working with an amazing team – less
Always a great at day aveda
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Great job when it came to products.But it came to sales they wasn't big on it .Company care about well being of their customers. And not sales .one of my favorite jobs i ever had .
Productive and fun work place
Process Lead (Current Employee), Blaine, MNAugust 5, 2014
Pros: working with different types of people
Cons: repetitive work
Process Lead.
Machine operator, Process coordinator.

run machine. train new employees. help others with SAP.
Productive learning environment where its always a great day
Student (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2014
Aveda is a great place to attend school, they go above and beyond in teaching you the basics of cosmetology. The hardest part of schooling was counting down the hours until you were done. The staff and educators are always on your side.
Freelance makeup artist
Freelance Advisor (Former Employee), Blaine, MNJuly 16, 2014
I had the freedom to create my own schedule while I was working full time. A creative outlet.
worse job I ever had, treated employees like we were beneath them
PT key holder/Advisor (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 11, 2014
Cons: short breaks, heavy work load
The days were both long and stressful with a gigantic list of tasks to complete that were near impossible. if these tasks were not completed we were in big trouble. the store goals were always unrealistic to insure we couldn't receive bonus. Just did not enjoy my time here.
Greatly depends on the owner and rep
Master Stylist (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJuly 8, 2014
Pros: use of product lines
Cons: back stabbing and fake
Aveda's culture of saving the planet and plant derived products is hands down the best culture. The problem working for them depends on the owner of the Aveda salon and the area rep. I worked for many owners that were beyond unprofessional and you were replaceable no matter how talented you were.
If the owner wanted you out of Aveda for any reason in – more... one salon, you were out of them all. It became more of a numbers game than the actual professionalism of the industry, and of course drama drama drama.
If you are a talented stylist from anywhere other than FL, stay out of FL. You wont find anything as serious as you would anywhere else. Oh and you will do alot of outside work for the salon for free.
But as for Aveda, their culture and vision for me, is the best in the industry. – less
Retail position with clear expectations.
Lead Advisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 4, 2014
Aveda prides itself on creating Experience Centers that are truly guest-focused.
Upbeat, fun working environment focused on customer service.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2014
Customer service is the key point of employment for this company. They are very good to their employees and they provide all the necessary elements to be a part of a successful business and team. I have learned compassion with this job, as well as dedication. Hard parts of the job would include when there are busy days, and learning new education on – more... products that are coming out. – less
Fun work placde
Junior hairdresser (Current Employee), London, ENGFebruary 2, 2014
I learned a lot about hair and the skills needed to maintain it. I enjoyed working with people and listening to the daily activities of others and offering advice from my own experiences
Fun environment
Esthetician/business owner (Former Employee), Wilo Aveda, Roseville, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: not having to worry about overhead, etc.
Cons: different skincare philosophy
Good company with a lot of support. Great infrastructure and good management. I learned a lot from their educational classes.
sales atmosphere based on wellness and natural product
Assistant Store Team Leader (Current Employee), broomfield,coloradoJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: eco-friendly company
Cons: alot of multi-tasking
Working in smaller stores is a challenge due to the lack of connection with uppers. Also chances for advancement are also not that abundant unless you're willing to transfer out of state.I enjoyed the atmosphere of this store and alot of the basic beliefs.I learned alot of new responsibilities like;scheduling shipments,maintenence.

1 2 3

About Aveda

The company's Estée and Bobbi are counted among some of the closest friends to women worldwide. Estée Lauder sells cosmetics, – Read more

Aveda Photos