Aveda

Aveda Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 20, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers and nice customers
Cons: poor management
This job started off really well. I learned a lot about customer service and the product and how a salon runs. I had been at this job for eight months before one of the managers came back from maternity leave. Since then the store does not run smoothly, there is too much gossip, we never get the schedule on time and there is not much support from the manager. The rest of the team is great to work with, however the management is not.
not a fair company
Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: bad managing
The managers are very biased and do not appreciate real talent,
Aveda only has great products
Front-Line/ Make-up Artist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 23, 2013
Pros: great products
Cons: bad management
I love the products and still use them as for working pay is low for amount of work demanded.
Great co-workers and product!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Vancouver BC, Victoria BCMay 17, 2013
Pros: free and discounted product! respectful managers and fun co-workers.
Cons: annoying customers
For a retail job, Aveda is fantastic. During my time there, I worked at five locations in two cities. Management were respectful across the board. Although a "sales advisor" doesn't get great pay, it's equivalent to other retail positions and Aveda offers a better work environment and organizational culture than many other retailers; for example, it's a much more fun and easier retail choice than working in apparel.

Most Aveda customers are fine, but a lot are annoying and impatient. Great co-workers and discounts, however, compensate for that. When I worked at Aveda, the discounts and offers of free products changed frequently but were always fair.

About Aveda

The company's Estée and Bobbi are counted among some of the closest friends to women worldwide. Estée Lauder sells cosmetics, – Read more

Aveda Photos