Are you ready to drive your career in the right direction? Join us at Aveda Transportation and Energy Services. We are an energetic company that provides specialized transportation to the oil and gas industry in both Canada and the United States.
In the role of a Field Safety Advisor, you will utilize your past operational experience in Heavy Haul Transportation to provide field safety support to all Canadian Terminals in addition to our Company HSE system. It is vital that the successful candidate understand the ins and outs of the transportation industry, and be someone who is looking to turn their passion for safety into a career. This position will work out of our Leduc, Sylvan Lake, or Calgary Terminal with the definitive location being dependent on the successful candidate.
As the Field Safety Advisor your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with Management, Terminals and the HSE team to support and implement positive and progressive changes in our safety culture
- Assisting with incident investigations and developing hazard alerts
- Providing field level safety support on equipment and rig moves, including pre-job safety meetings and field hazard assessments
- Supporting the Terminals with safety related activities such as, new worker orientations, safety meetings, crew talks, etc.
- Developing Safe Work Procedures and Job Safety Analysis as required
- Working with the HSE Manager on developing and implementing safety procedures and processes
- Ensuring safety procedures are practiced at branch level and in the field; advice of necessary changes to policies and procedures
- Conducting random facility and equipment inspections
- Conducting observations of safe work practices to ensure potential hazards are identified
- Assisting with annual Emergency Drills
Minimum Requirements and Experience
- Class 1 considered an asset
- 5+ years related industry experience
- 2+ years’ experience in a field safety role
- Zero incidents in last 2 years
- Experience in Transportation, OHS, and DOT regulations and legislations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience speaking in front of groups considered and asset
Leverage your previous experience in Health and Safety into a great career opportunity at a company that is poised for significant growth.
Aveda Transportation and Energy Services is a rapidly growing oilfield hauling and rentals company serving customers’ rig moving,...