Avaya

Avaya Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
VO is a plus
Senior Software Consultant (Former Employee), Elkton, MDFebruary 25, 2014
A typical day can vary from technical software administration to negotiation for staff augmentation position with business partners and vendors. Pricing aftermarket order to completing them.

Management and I work
Awesome Experience
Research Intern (Former Employee), Pune, IndiaJanuary 27, 2014
Awesome place to work as an intern.

During the time, the work was challenging, colleagues were good.

In the end, I cam out with a publication and patent in a space of 3 months.
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Virtual OfficeJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: virtual office
Cons: being part of a fmp ... :(
review all open projects and take necessary actions
update schedules
run client meetings
respond to emails
ensure project team is on track with deliverables
participate in cut activities as scheduled
process paperwork
Was a great company
Principal Consultant, Avaya Professional Services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2014
The company merged with Alcatel and is called lucent-alcatel now. The company merged with Alcatel and is called lucent-alcatel now. The company merged with Alcatel and is called lucent-alcatel now. Was a great company
Excellent
Communication Manager (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 8
I like and love working with VIS.
1. Team leader in a group of five member team and maintaining a smooth running environment of call centers of Star CJ for AVAYA Set up.
2. Being on client site, maintaining relationship with client and providing best support at the time of any incident and resolving them on priority.
3. Reporting part of every activity – more... and incident provided daily, weekly and monthly to the client.
4. Troubleshooting, Handling and Maintenance of all Incidents on AVAYA SET UP for call center.
5. Thoroughly known with configuration and maintenance of AVAYA MEDIA_GATEWAY G450, MEDIA Servers like S8800, S8300.
6. Handling IP_PHONES issues at call centers, Firmware Up gradation and Configuration.
7. Installation, configuration and of Communication Manager (CM 5.2.1).
8. Creating Agent ID's for call center agents in AVAYA Site Administration (ASA).
9. Working with Knoahsoft Loggers, and adding IP phones extension numbers and Agent details for Call Recording Purpose.
10. Adding Agent details to CMS Supervisor for report details of each and every activity of agents.
11. Configuration changes on time in CM, CMS and Knoahsoft Loggers as per every request by Client.
12. Other Duties Like MPLS and PRI monitoring, logging a ticket and follow up with Service Provider for the same.
13. Back up of CM (Communication Manager), LSP(Local Survivable Processor), Gateway G450 (Configuration, Announcement), CMS Supervisor, AES (Application Enablement Services) and AVP (AVAYA Voice Portal). – less
Leading telco provider with superior products
APPLICATION SUPPORT CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Kuala LumpurJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: great training and opportunity to learn new technology
Cons: co-workers and superior are all located remotely
1. a typical day at work - you manage and execute your tasks as planned
2. what you learned - remote supervisory with trust
3. management - great leadership and mangement
4. your co-workers - helpful and friendly
5. the hardest part of the job - you are the only consultant dealing with complaint from customer
6.the most enjoyable part of the job - customers – more... are happy with your consultancy – less
a typical day at work
Software Engg III(Senior Software Engg) Mgr20/20 (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 27, 2013
Pros: no free lunch/parties
Cons: bad healthcare
Company was not doing too well. They were cutting costs at all ends.
Advanced Diagnostics Engineer (ES) CMS (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, CODecember 11, 2013
Pros: virtual office
Cons: high workload
My typical Day at work is to get escalations for a Product called Call Management System, I also would receive requests to assist in installs for our client application called CMS Supervisor. I was the Subject Matter expert for this application and would assist installing it in many different environments. I recently was laid off due to cuts being done – more... in the whole Avaya organization and will miss all of my co-workers and those that made me the IT professional I am today – less
Productive, results oriented
Business Planning/ Operations Manager (Former Employee), New Jersey areaDecember 11, 2013
As a business operations manager, accountable for R&Ds financial budget. My management is supportive of their team. I have flexible work hours when needed if not during a critical hand-off period, which was extremely appreciated.
Company's change in direction
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, CODecember 10, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: continued out sourcing has made it an unstable place to work
Was once a great company to work for but do to out sourcing and change in company direction has become a dead end company to work for. With no training and little room for advancement has become a place to be from and for going to.
I would not go back now.
System Applications Specialist (Former Employee), Westminster, CONovember 29, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: top heavy management, all about numbers and quantity
upper management is poor, always changing! no concern for the customer. the company lowered head count to reduce expenses, rather than pursue organic growth of the business.
Poor upper management
System Application Specialist (Former Employee), Westminster, CONovember 24, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: bad environment
upper management is poor, always changing! no concern for the customer
Daily Review
Development IT Contractor (Current Employee), GalwayNovember 13, 2013
Defect reviewing and fixing.
Code generation for various C# development principles.
Automation development for testing builds for development team
Daily review meetings to assess progress
Good place to work.
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Basking Ridge, NJSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: good place to work.
Cons: contract work.
It was contract work. Respond to help desk trouble tickets.
A great place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Pune, MHSeptember 11, 2013
Its an honor to be part of Avaya. Avaya has been instrumental in developing me and my career.
Great training program and safe, clean environment for handling customers.
System Support Specialist (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: the company compensated and offered great benefits to their employees.
Cons: the company lowered head count to reduce expenses, rather than pursue organic growth of the business.
I would take 20 to 30 customer calls during a shift. I would handle a variety of requests and help other associates handle their calls, when they came across a request they did not know the answer or methods available, to complete the request.
Avaya, all talk
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Westminster, ColoradoAugust 19, 2013
You never know what a new day will bring. The work is interesting, management manages up, but not down. It's all politics and it gets in the way of productivity and quality.
A very Productive , fun and employee friendly place
Tier 3 Support Engineer (Former Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaAugust 13, 2013
I started my career with Avaya and as a new joinee fresh out of college it was a little challenging for me to start my career in this field
I learnt how to manage my day to day work and learnt the telecom technology

I worked after hours to cope up with the technology and learn from the technical management

i enjoyed working with colleagues and the – more... challenges in day to day work – less
Productive and fun working place with a ping pong table
Software Developer (Former Employee), Pune, IndiaJuly 23, 2013
Pros: free culture
You can learn a lot if you are really keen in gaining knowledge.
company continues to downsize.
Work as a Contractor (Current Employee), Basking Ridge, NJJuly 10, 2013
good work, challenging, good environment and good people.

About Avaya

Avaya helps to tie the corporate world together. The company's communication equipment and software integrate voice and data services – Read more