Avaya

Avaya Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work is ok
Senior Customer support engineer Tier 3 (Former Employee), MontrealJanuary 20, 2014
Work is ok
Team work is good
Increased work load last 2 years
benefits are good
Productive and nice WLB
Technical Manager (Former Employee), MultipleDecember 5, 2013
I loved working at Avaya. Had to quit due to my spouse's relocation.
All teams are great to work with.
Excellent group of people (management & co-workers)
Senior Software Development Engineer (Former Employee), Belleville, ON, CANJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: variety of products to work on.
Cons: no cafeteria :-)
Good work environment.
Many development projects.

Due to the small size of the facility (in terms of people) the creation of friendships with you co-workers was great.
Great Place to learn, be challenged and have state of the art exposure
Sr. Systems Engineer III / Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great salary, 401k, health/vision/dental/car allowance/cell/laptop/supplies - experience gained !
Cons: stability of employment / many layoff's similar to cisco
Avaya is a very forward thinking advanced technology company.

Great systems and Great people !

Challenges are to make their processes and systems more user friendly for their customers and users during implementation and deployment and warranty process.

The most enjoyable part of Avaya is you always know you are working with the Best of Breed when you walk into a customer to share Avaya solutions with them.
awesome benefits overall nice place too work.
Senior Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee), Clarksburg WVJanuary 23, 2015
nice place too work very good benefits good management coworkers were the best.
Productive and fun place to work with a workout gym
Global Customer Support (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: vacation
Cons: long hours
Answer customer calls on critical issues.
Trouble shoot problem and solve. If problem cannot be solved at my level, escalate to Tier 4 for advance trouble shooting.
Close cases that are completed.
Follow up with customers on on-going issues.
Verify contract is current and paid.
Good Working Enviorment
Converged Backbone Engineer (Former Employee), Westminster, COJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: very high work load
The work day would be very high paced with getting trouble tickets automatically assigned to you from very large Avaya Telecommunication customers. You were required to contact the customer within certain service level agreements.
Do to the high level of the customers issues, you would learn new troubleshooting techniques and faster resolution ideas on a daily basis.
The hardest part of the job was to maintain a very high level of customer satisfaction with a very large work load. The team I was on was a great group of technicians that worked very well together to achieve the high level of satisfaction the customer deserved. I worked under a very good management team.
At the time, a great place to work and learn
Conferencing Sales Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: annual sales meetings and achievement clubs.
Cons: downsizing due to change in business model
Avaya was a great place to work at the time.
Working from home and freedom to make your sales were the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Avaya Review
Sales Engineer Video (Current Employee), Home BasedDecember 16, 2014
Generally a good place to work. People are great very helpful, I really enjoyed the challenging work environment.
Friendly Place
Cognos Developer (Former Employee), Basking Rige, NJDecember 14, 2014
Lot of work and friendly place, fun work at that place, convenient and lot of lerning understanding
Great products
Commercial Select/Territory Account Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2014
Avaya boasts a great end to end suite of solutions, with great pay and benefits for those who work toward it.
AR/Billing Cash Management Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 5, 2014
I loved Avaya just ready for a career change. The benefits and the pay were great.It is a fast paced environment with changes all the time. I have learned to multi-task and customer excellence. So far I enjoed my experience and the people. I thank them for the 14 years I was there.
Avaya has some really great products, the time to market needs to change.
Corporate Solutions Architect (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 13, 2014
Pros: products that have been through a detailed qa cycle work great.
Cons: too many products to choose from that do the same thing.
The hardest part of my Job was working with Customers that NEVER got a road map from Avaya on many of their products. They were asked to buy something today not knowing what is coming out tomorrow.
productive and fun work place
SAP PI Consultant (Current Employee), HyderabadNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: late nights because its us client.
I have enjoyed a lot in AVAYA.
I Have learned so many interesting things from my senior consultants.
Productive and challenging
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), BangaloreNovember 11, 2014
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting.
Avaya used to be a good place to work, until the work started being sent over seas
Software Developer (Current Employee), Westminster, CONovember 5, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: no growth in the us
I learned a lot about working in a R & D environment. For the most part I worked with very good managers who cared and provided good leadership.

The people who work at Avaya are very professional and work well together as a team.

The hardest part of the job is watching the work being sent elsewhere.
Challenging projects and constant learning
Regional Project Manager (Current Employee), Buenos Aires, ArgentinaOctober 28, 2014
Pros: virtual office
Cons: overtime
Avaya offers an endless world of solutions that have many features to be learned and also improved. After receiving the project report, we would be able to choose which to take and start working on it. After revising the scope of work and taking into consideration some information (customer and Avaya's responsibilities, amount of hours of each of the resources that would be needed to perform the work described in the scope, etc), we would start setting up the main characteristics in e-Project (the projects portal from Avaya) to be able to go over the proper follow-up and indicate any deviation in the project (referred to budget, deadlines, resource allocation, etc) and then start scheduling the needed meetings to plan how would the project move forward until is completed and ready to be billed.

I've found that despite of some lack of organization and technical knowledge on the solutions that are offered by Avaya, my co-workers have always shown themselves willing to help and find out about any inconveniences to achieve success. Getting to know our clients and commiting to their satisfaction has been one of the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Avaya
Storage Operations Manager (Former Employee), Basking Ridge, NJOctober 14, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: very very long days and weekends
Average day at Avaya was 15 to 18 hours. I have learned how to groom my multi tasking skills.
Management is more caring of upper management at any cost.

All my co works were hard working people always putting Avaya before there personal life.
Good
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Hickory Hills, ILOctober 6, 2014
Pros: allowed me to work their for 20+ years
Cons: layoff in 2010
The company was headed in a streamline state, and therefore management outsourced and presented an environment of planning for future when layoffs were present among their employees. The Company had good benefits and 401K plan.
SAP BASIS Consultant
Sap Basis consultant (Current Employee), NoidaAugust 25, 2014
Same as Company 3, as this is my client in Company 3 (North Shore Technologies).

1 2 3 4 5

About Avaya

Avaya helps to tie the corporate world together. The company's communication equipment and software integrate┬ávoice and data services – Read more