Avaya

Avaya Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work is ok
Senior Customer support engineer Tier 3 (Former Employee), MontrealJanuary 20, 2014
Work is ok
Team work is good
Increased work load last 2 years
benefits are good
Productive and nice WLB
Technical Manager (Former Employee), MultipleDecember 5, 2013
I loved working at Avaya. Had to quit due to my spouse's relocation.
All teams are great to work with.
A very Productive , fun and employee friendly place
Tier 3 Support Engineer (Former Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaAugust 13, 2013
I started my career with Avaya and as a new joinee fresh out of college it was a little challenging for me to start my career in this field
I learnt how to manage my day to day work and learnt the telecom technology

I worked after hours to cope up with the technology and learn from the technical management

i enjoyed working with colleagues and the – more... challenges in day to day work – less
A workplace with lots of fun and worklife Balance
Oracle Apps Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 19, 2013
Avaya is Very good place to work and have a worklife balance .Tough requirements and deadlines to complete ,but still they management is friendly to take and understand developers Inputs.
Excellent group of people (management & co-workers)
Senior Software Development Engineer (Former Employee), Belleville, ON, CANJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: variety of products to work on.
Cons: no cafeteria :-)
Good work environment.
Many development projects.

Due to the small size of the facility (in terms of people) the creation of friendships with you co-workers was great.
the hardest part of the job
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Coppell, TXApril 10, 2014
The opportunity was very challenging with no rewards. The company is struggling to stay afloat after their acquisition of Nortel. Everyone is in panic mode wondering will their jobs be in existence tomorrow. I would not recommend this company for anyone who is looking for a stable work environment.
Great company and Great people
Technical Support Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Coppell,TXMarch 13, 2014
As part of DDE enjoyed the opportunity to work with Avaya professional and Business partners across many disciplines in numerous complex environments. Because of this I learned our industry from both a broad scope to a granular level.
As part of the CAP escalation team I was responsible to provide time sensitive solutions to often complex technical – more... concerns. I served as technical and engineering consultant to CAP manager as well as worked side by side Avaya Professional Architecture and Solution teams as well as Avaya Business Partner Engineering, Implementation and Support teams. This included travel worldwide.
I attended regular technical and collaboration training and meetings on various Avaya technology on an ongoing basis. I took advantage of the numerous in-house training advantages at Avaya and have made continued education a constant throughout my career.
I am grateful for my associates and appreciate the long hours of dedicated service put in by team members in order to facilitate the successful completion of a project or issue resolution. – less
Roller Coaster Ride
Business Planning Manager (Current Employee), Pune, MHMarch 1, 2014
Avaya started off pretty well however in recent times company's performance has not been well and there a talks it being sold to some other Major corporation.
Virtual work location, great co-workers
Project Manager (Former Employee), RemoteFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: flexibility in work/life balance
Cons: heavy workload, no job security
Flexibility for remote/virtual working culture. Best part is co-workers who supports each other. Long hours and heavy work load. Best part is virtual location and co-workers.
No stability, no growth
order fulfillment (Current Employee), RaleighFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: telecommute
Cons: everything else
I'm actually surprised to see jobs posted when layoffs took place last year, and notifications just went out again for this year. No raises, slim bonus, no promotions or lateral transfers. Constant change in management, personnel leaving without notice and no back fill for vacancies.
Fun place to work at
Named Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: shift in job requirment
Job was difficult and challenging. Sold pimarily to NYC Government.
Co workers were friendly and helpful.
VO is a plus
Senior Software Consultant (Former Employee), Elkton, MDFebruary 25, 2014
A typical day can vary from technical software administration to negotiation for staff augmentation position with business partners and vendors. Pricing aftermarket order to completing them.

Management and I work
Awesome Experience
Research Intern (Former Employee), Pune, IndiaJanuary 27, 2014
Awesome place to work as an intern.

During the time, the work was challenging, colleagues were good.

In the end, I cam out with a publication and patent in a space of 3 months.
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Virtual OfficeJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: virtual office
Cons: being part of a fmp ... :(
review all open projects and take necessary actions
update schedules
run client meetings
respond to emails
ensure project team is on track with deliverables
participate in cut activities as scheduled
process paperwork
Was a great company
Principal Consultant, Avaya Professional Services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2014
The company merged with Alcatel and is called lucent-alcatel now. The company merged with Alcatel and is called lucent-alcatel now. The company merged with Alcatel and is called lucent-alcatel now. Was a great company
Excellent
Communication Manager (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 8
I like and love working with VIS.
1. Team leader in a group of five member team and maintaining a smooth running environment of call centers of Star CJ for AVAYA Set up.
2. Being on client site, maintaining relationship with client and providing best support at the time of any incident and resolving them on priority.
3. Reporting part of every activity – more... and incident provided daily, weekly and monthly to the client.
4. Troubleshooting, Handling and Maintenance of all Incidents on AVAYA SET UP for call center.
5. Thoroughly known with configuration and maintenance of AVAYA MEDIA_GATEWAY G450, MEDIA Servers like S8800, S8300.
6. Handling IP_PHONES issues at call centers, Firmware Up gradation and Configuration.
7. Installation, configuration and of Communication Manager (CM 5.2.1).
8. Creating Agent ID's for call center agents in AVAYA Site Administration (ASA).
9. Working with Knoahsoft Loggers, and adding IP phones extension numbers and Agent details for Call Recording Purpose.
10. Adding Agent details to CMS Supervisor for report details of each and every activity of agents.
11. Configuration changes on time in CM, CMS and Knoahsoft Loggers as per every request by Client.
12. Other Duties Like MPLS and PRI monitoring, logging a ticket and follow up with Service Provider for the same.
13. Back up of CM (Communication Manager), LSP(Local Survivable Processor), Gateway G450 (Configuration, Announcement), CMS Supervisor, AES (Application Enablement Services) and AVP (AVAYA Voice Portal). – less
Leading telco provider with superior products
APPLICATION SUPPORT CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Kuala LumpurJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: great training and opportunity to learn new technology
Cons: co-workers and superior are all located remotely
1. a typical day at work - you manage and execute your tasks as planned
2. what you learned - remote supervisory with trust
3. management - great leadership and mangement
4. your co-workers - helpful and friendly
5. the hardest part of the job - you are the only consultant dealing with complaint from customer
6.the most enjoyable part of the job - customers – more... are happy with your consultancy – less
a typical day at work
Software Engg III(Senior Software Engg) Mgr20/20 (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 27, 2013
Pros: no free lunch/parties
Cons: bad healthcare
Company was not doing too well. They were cutting costs at all ends.
Advanced Diagnostics Engineer (ES) CMS (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, CODecember 11, 2013
Pros: virtual office
Cons: high workload
My typical Day at work is to get escalations for a Product called Call Management System, I also would receive requests to assist in installs for our client application called CMS Supervisor. I was the Subject Matter expert for this application and would assist installing it in many different environments. I recently was laid off due to cuts being done – more... in the whole Avaya organization and will miss all of my co-workers and those that made me the IT professional I am today – less
Productive, results oriented
Business Planning/ Operations Manager (Former Employee), New Jersey areaDecember 11, 2013
As a business operations manager, accountable for R&Ds financial budget. My management is supportive of their team. I have flexible work hours when needed if not during a critical hand-off period, which was extremely appreciated.

1 2 3 4 5

About Avaya

Avaya helps to tie the corporate world together. The company's communication equipment and software integrate┬ávoice and data services – Read more