Senior HR Business Partner (#3988119)
This position reports to the Director, HR Business Partner located in our Vancouver head office. In this role you are a highly motivated and strategic-minded HR Business Partner who is known for driving business results, managing change and coaching your clients to excellence. You have worked with distributed teams including Engineering environments in both the US and Canada.
- Partner with business leaders and their teams to to provide leadership and focused support in: coaching and performance management, employee relations, change management, identification of learning and development needs, retention strategies and career development
- Accurately diagnose organization issues, develop solutions and partner with managers to implement action plans
- Develop and drive the implementation of HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business priorities and goals of assigned client groups
- Partner with business leaders to support the communication and transition plan on change initiatives impacting the business
- Serve as a coach and consultant to all levels of leaders and employees while leading the implementation of ongoing talent, succession and development plans for the organization
- Support, coach and guide managers to ensure application of clear/consistent performance standards
- Work in partnership with in house Recruitment team and hiring manager to establish recruitment strategies that address talent needs.
- Utilize knowledge of HR legal issues to best support the business, ensuring compliance with employment laws without creating a legalistic environment
- Provide coaching and mentorship to more junior members of the HR team
- Provide immigration support for all renewals, applications within Engineering community
- Maintain knowledge of progressive HR processes and trends
- Develop and drive people engagement strategies that foster an environment where all employees are respected and valued
- Five to eight years of HR Business Partner or Generalist experience ideally in high-tech organizations
- Collaborative, consultative style, with a genuine spirit of partnership and strong ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization
- Demonstrated project management/change management skills
- Comfortable operating in a matrix and constantly changing environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, relationship building, teamwork and leadership skills
- Exceptional consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- Recent experience supporting Canadian employee immigration
- Experience helping global organizations scale required
- Background or education in employment law and other government compliance regulations preferred
- Possess a high level of integrity - must show good judgment and confidentiality at all times
- Passion, creativity, and desire to make significant impact
Perks & Benefits:
As a full-time employee of our client you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, travel medical insurance, and employees receive a health spending account to cover additional health care costs of your choosing (vision, dental, RMT etc.).
Indeed - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard
Avanta Consulting was founded to break away from traditional search practices and get to the root of what successful recruiting is all...