Avanta Consulting was founded to break away from traditional search practices and get to the root of what successful recruiting is all about–taking the time to find great people that build great organizations. With this in mind, we developed our unique Avantage™ methodology to ensure we deliver quality and integrity while exceeding client expectations in talent acquisition.
Based in Vancouver, BC, Canada, we are a team of executive recruiters each specializing in a different area of focus. By dedicating time to learn about what success means for every different job function and industry, we’re able to locate the people who can make it happen. Through strategic networking and proactive headhunting using the Avantage™ approach, our team delivers hard-to-find candidates on a consistent basis.
Summary of the Role:
The Office/Recruitment Assistant will work with the recruitment team to attract, select, and hire the best talent possible for our clients. In this role you will perform initial resume or application reviews, disposition and manage candidates in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS), conduct initial phone screens of candidates for the team, and set interview appointments for the recruiters. Additionally, the Office/Recruitment Assistant will be responsible for sending out onboarding and contract documents to applicants, and conducting reference checks for applicants.
- Assist the team with recruitment and administration, including creating and posting jobs for our clients, writing advertisements that attract the right candidates, monitoring the quantity and quality of applicants and taking action to boost the applicant pool when needed
- Review and rank applicants and conduct preliminary phone interviews
- Provide written summaries for interviewed applicants
- Collect data, measure data and report data on a regular basis utilizing data sources from our ATS, Microsoft Excel and input from various sources and people
- Become familiar with client profiles
- Assist with new processes, approaches and programs to continuously improve our talent operations. Document all procedures in easy to understand language and formats that can be shared amongst the team
- Utilize ATS to its fullest potential. Work to achieve 100% data integrity, so that appropriate statuses are reflected throughout the recruitment lifecycle for each job opening
- Handle communications with candidates and references as necessary
- Other special projects and assignments as directed
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources, or related coursework
- Up to 1 year of experience in an office environment, or a combination of education and work experience
- A desire to learn more about the field of HR/Recruiting
- Very web and computer application savvy
- Strong administrative, organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills in both written and verbal, personal accountability, relationship building and integrity
- Research and analysis skills
How to Apply:
This role is located in Vancouver, BC. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter (in a word document please!) for consideration. We thank all applicants, however, only those in consideration will be contacted.