Based in Burnaby, British Columbia, Earth’s Own Food Company Inc., with exciting CPG brands Almond Fresh, So Good, So Nice and Amore, is a leading manufacturer of healthy foods and beverages. With a focus on nutritional innovation, our goal is to produce high quality, natural products that can actively improve people’s lives and well-being. We are committed to taking an ethical approach in pursuit of our goals and we strive to adhere to sustainable practices throughout our operations. Earth’s Own primarily markets its products in Canada, although we also export to the US and Asia. We have production facilities in Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and directing the marketing functions for the assigned brands to grow the Company’s presence in the market. The Manager develops marketing plans, advertising, and promotional programs, pricing and sales forecasts to support the achievement of company goals, plans, and objectives for the marketing function.
- Develops and executes strategic marketing plans to facilitate volume and profit growth.
- Develops forecasts and budgets and manages them.
- Delivers sales and profit goals.
- Remains current on the industry and general marketing knowledge.
- Conducts research as required.
- Uses research information and available data to identify business issues and growth opportunities and track the performance of the market, our company, and competition.
- Ensures strategic marketing plans are completed in a timely and accurate basis, including: Brand reviews/analyses, budget plans, monitoring P&L, promotional plans, media/ad plans, competitive analyses, and accurate forecasting for Brands and products.
- Manages the development of new products and product improvements to best meet the needs of customers and consumers.
- Plans and develops advertising and promotion activities.
- Coordinates development and production of marketing materials.
- Manages relationships with Agencies to ensure a unified Brand image and message throughout advertising, packaging and promotional efforts. Develops efficient media plans.
- Evaluates market reactions to advertising programs, merchandising activities, and product packaging and formulation.
- Works closely with Sales to ensure trade/consumer marketing programs meet brand and sales objectives. Attends and presents at Sales calls and conferences as requested.
- Provides input and guidance on pricing and margins.
- Provides support to the Marketing Director as required.
- Education: Degree or Diploma in Business, preferably Marketing
- Experience: At least 5 years marketing experience in the consumer food industry, retail and food services including at least 2 years at a management level.
- Proven ability to develop effective marketing programs. Can translate marketing objectives into functional plans that achieve targets.
- Brand and Category Management knowledge
- Strong knowledge of the consumer packaged goods industry, including a working knowledge of Nielsen Homescan, MarketTrack and related market analysis tools
- Excellent computer skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent ability to build relationships
- Proactive and willing to take initiative when appropriate.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work individually as well as part of cross-functional teams
- Ability to work proficiently with other departments, taking a leadership role as required
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Avanta Consulting is a boutique recruitment firm based in Vancouver, BC, Canada specializing in strategic networking and proactive headhunting to deliver quality and integral candidates while exceeding client expectations in talent acquisition.
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard