IT Manager (#3917287)
Reporting to the COO, the IT Manager will be responsible for managing server and desktop level application support enquiries from network users from multiple sites within the Company; managing project work and new technology roll-outs; managing network administration tasks (managing network infrastructure) ; liaising with external suppliers for hardware and software procurement; maintaining software licensing and ensuring compliance; and monitoring system alarms outside of normal business hours and actioning these as required.
- Maintain network infrastructure for multi-site operation and make appropriate recommendations for development as the organization and demands evolve
- Develop and manage all appropriate security policies and tools associated with protection of network and data in a multi-site and remote user network
- Desktop and Server support for designated end-users, including patching, installation and migration, and basic user support
- Provide troubleshooting expertise of existing systems
- Manage existing Windows 2012 R2 Server and Group Policies
- Develop, configure and manage Active Directory. Design, implement, and administer MS Active Directory. User System Access and Security set up and management Help users with file permissions and trouble shoot related issues Set and trouble shoot NTFS Permissions
- Manage network assessment documentation and preventative management.
- Network and connectivity support in an Apple and PC environment
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot firewall, VPN and email issues
- Office 365 and Outlook Support
- Support various client applications (Sage X3, SQL, Label printing software, etc).
- Identify and support any other I/T needs or opportunities as directed by service team
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements, Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of five years relevant experience either in a similar role or in a Microsoft Windows based environment
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft desktop applications; Expert Knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 8, Microsoft Office Products, Apple iOS
- Experience with Microsoft Server applications – Server 2012 R2, Office 365, SQL server, Active Directory, DFS replication and file and print server
- Basic knowledge of server hardware including advanced knowledge of networking technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing/subnetting, switches and firewall (sonic wall) technologies
- Experience supporting mobile devices based on iOS and Android operating systems
- Bonus points for Sage (ERP Systems) implementation and maintenance experience
- Must be able to work flexible schedule
- Some shift flexibility required
Avanta Consulting is a boutique recruitment firm based in Vancouver, BC, Canada specializing in strategic networking and proactive headhunting to deliver quality and integral candidates while exceeding client expectations in talent acquisition.