Fixed Income High Yield Analyst
Our client is a leading investment management firm devoted to the absolute return performance of clients’ assets with a primary focus of controlling risk by preventing losses and outperforming in bad times. Our client believes skill and hard work can create the incremental knowledge advantage required to drive long term superior performance.
As the Fixed Income High Yield Analyst you will develop fixed income investment ideas for credit opportunity investment funds while working in a team environment with other analysts. The Fixed Income High Yield Analyst reports to the Fund Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Present investment ideas to be discussed and vetted with other investment management team members
- Utilize Excel and Bloomberg to screen for bond opportunities
- Experience building customized financial models to value debt and equity securities, assess alternative capital structures, and recoveries under liquidation scenarios for companies facing or in bankruptcy
- Experience performing channel checks, management interviews, peer company analyses and secondary research to assess and forecast business fundamentals
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- A university degree in commerce, business administration or economics
- Up to 5 years in a similar role
- Experience with fundamental research
- CFA or CA designation
- Debt/loan origination, credit valuation, or bankruptcy/restructuring experience
- Master’s degree in finance is an asset
We encourage you to apply quickly, as our client is ready to hire! This opportunity is located in Vancouver, BC. Thank you!
Avanta Consulting is a boutique recruitment firm based in Vancouver, BC, Canada specializing in strategic networking and proactive headhunting to deliver quality and integral candidates while exceeding client expectations in talent acquisition.
Avanta Consulting is a boutique recruitment firm based in Vancouver, BC, Canada specializing in strategic networking and proactive...