Assistant Brand Manager
Our client is North America’s leading organic cereal producer. They are passionate about food that is both good and good for you! Their organic breakfast foods and snacks are sold in natural, specialty and retail grocery stores in 40 countries. To be a trusted name for quality organic foods in every home is their goal, as well as to be socially responsible, environmentally sustainable and financially viable.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Brand Manager to develop the strategy and manage the market activity for defined sub categories with the company’s largest category, cereal. This position reports to the Brand Manager. You will contribute to the brand strategy and marketing plan by understanding the consumer and their needs. Working with a cross functional team, you will also generate new ideas, utilize market research, and launch projects in a timely manner. Further, you will develop the brand communication strategy and deliver consumer campaigns.
Responsibilities for this role include:
Leading the development of the Brand Strategy and the Marketing Plan:
- Use category and consumer analysis to develop a sound strategy and business plan
- Develop annual Brand Plans
- Have a clear understanding of the consumer and their needs and use it to generate insights that will help to grow the business
Responsibility for creating and delivering the Brand Innovation Plan:
- Generate new ideas that meet consumer needs and fit the company strategy.
- Use market research to test new ideas with our consumers
- Manage a cross functional team to launch projects on time
Assisting the Brand Manager on major marketing activities:
- Assist on advertising and major consumer campaigns
- Manage and implement cereal sampling activities
- Sign off packaging
Partnering with the Sales Team to support retail initiatives:
- Provide sales tools to support brand campaigns and innovation launches
- Attend key trade shows
- Present at key retailer meetings on key brad initiatives
- Be a Brand Champion for our Sales Team and help to educate them on the wider consumer and category insights
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Marketing or a related discipline preferred.
- 1 to 3 years experience in brand management, preferably in Consumer Packaged Goods
- Good proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Proven client/customer service orientation
- Ability to make strong presentations and contribute effectively in a team environment.
We encourage you to apply quickly, as our client is ready to hire! This opportunity is located in Richmond, BC. Thank you!
Avanta Consulting is a boutique recruitment firm based in Vancouver, BC, Canada specializing in strategic networking and proactive headhunting to deliver quality and integral candidates while exceeding client expectations in talent acquisition.