AUTOZONE

AUTOZONE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Solid Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jordan, UTMay 12, 2012
Pros: free automotive knowledge
Cons: bad management
Typical work day involved me cleaning the store and putting away any freight that might have come in. Also putting away and back stock to the front of the store. I learned a lot of automotive knowledge while working at autozone but the management wasn't the greatest I had ever seen. My co-workers were usually whoever they could get to work there for – more... a couple months at a time. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the management, the the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers. – less
I LOVE IT
Parts Sales rep (Current Employee), atlanta, gaDecember 19, 2014
Pros: manager does lunch 2-3 days out the week, 1hr lunch breaks
Cons: need pay raise
It is a simple job. I love cars and being around the parts all day makes my job fun. It comes with ups and downs (upset customers etc) but overall its pretty good... Wished the pay was a little better especially because I am part time
Fun place to work at
Retail/Customer Service (Former Employee), Forest Park, GADecember 15, 2014
I've learned that i have gained a passion for cars whether its physically working/repairing on them and or just simply admiring cars. Co workers was a blast to work with as well as management.
I enjoyed going out the way to help customers with hard problems dealing with their vehicles.
The hardest part of the job is when we did not have the parts the – more... customers needed and could not get it at all. Seeing unhappy customers leave was the hardest part of the job. – less
laided back environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Decatur, TNDecember 14, 2014
i liked working there it was a good part time job not much room for advancement though...
busy
Parts Manager (Former Employee), Metairie, LADecember 12, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: no break when busy
Working for this company wasn't bad. The management crew always had the employees back and never let anyone disrespect us.
Great interaction with customers
Store manager-unassigned (Current Employee), Massillon, OHDecember 12, 2014
I went from Restaurant environment to Retail for a change of pace.
Great customer interaction all day. Leadership is very good and organized and the company is very financially strong. Would recommend this concept to my friends.
Great
Parts Salesman (Former Employee), Milford, CTDecember 12, 2014
autozone was a great place to work at there was always work awesome co workers just not enough hours
fast paced workplac, enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), bronx, nyDecember 11, 2014
being my first job i did learn the basics from being a cashier. you learn to deal with customers and how to accommodate them with basic needs. i learned how to organize myself in stocking shelves and counting registers. i was also granted the opportunity to teach my fellow coworkers.
Autozone
Parts Service Manager (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 11, 2014
Bad scheduling cause no home time
Will throw the company policies out the door when you go by those policy, then want to penalize you for trying to follow company policy.
Nice place to work
Manager In Training then Moved then (Current Employee), dallastown, paDecember 9, 2014
Work can be tough at times alot to do in a day standards to meet etc..... Meeting and maintaining customers is the best part of the job.
Fun and easy going place to work at.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Leesville, LADecember 9, 2014
Pros: work around auto parts, fun job
Cons: sporatic hours
IT's pretty much like i said, it is a very fun place to work at. the People are nice and polite and very easy to get along with. Also the benefits through them are very well.
Good place to work nice coworkers awful pay no hours
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Belmont, NCDecember 8, 2014
Pros: easy fun enviroment
Cons: horrid pay and no hours
The job is great in some ways its easy the people there are cool and fun to talk to but the money is horrid and no hours are given to anyone but managers and they say no positions are available for management. This job just barely pays for the gas it takes to get there and no matter how hard you work no thanks is given no raises no advancement no good – more... things period – less
ADMIN CLERK (Current Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECDecember 8, 2014
Pros: off every second weekend
Cons: work right through december
A typical day:
In the morning before 8am I do the banking. At 8am when the doors open,i start with my cashier duties. In between helping the customers and answering the phone,I have to do filling and capturing. After 3pm,when the couriers come,i start receiving. At the end of the day i have to do the cashing up.

What I've learned:
How to manage my – more... time and how to handle more the one problem at a time

Management:
We have a good understanding. I always try too please the one in control of my salary

My co-workers:
There are only 4 of us and we all get along quite well – less
Autozone
Parts Sales Manager (Current Employee), Saint Peters, MODecember 4, 2014
Cons: benefits, management from all levels.
Okay job, Lots of enjoyment, Every company has there ups, and downs. Erratic Scheduling, Not enough coverage, Mis-communications. Benefits are bland.
My expirence working at AutoZone.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 4, 2014
Pros: more work hours, clean and great work enviroment.
Cons: short lunch breaks.
Working at AutoZone was Fun and exciting for me. I am a people person and love to interact with the customers and assist them by answering any questions or explaining our products and services. Working for AutoZone has helped me develop several skills I needed for further employment and tools I can use to help assist customers in their time of need. – more... AutoZone have a great supportive management team and system that allows me to get the job done effectively and positively. The most difficult part about working for AutoZone for me was when the company introduces a new operating system or services, The company will provide the proper information and training needed to better educate their employees of the new changes. the most enjoyable part of working at AutoZone for me was the recognition for the initiative I take and the compensation that comes with it as a result of customer satisfaction. – less
Hub Driver
Hub Driver (Current Employee), Davenport, IADecember 3, 2014
My typical work day consists of delivering parts to different store
Long days and nights
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Yarmouth, MADecember 2, 2014
Pros: advancement and proper training health insurance
Cons: 16 hour days
When I first started there I was only part time but due to my availabilty when I was not in school I feel that my time was taken advantage of. I worked for the company for several years and was able to advance rather quickly because of my willingness to learn and strong worth ethic.
Fast, productive, fun place to work .
Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 2, 2014
Answer phones and deliver parts, learned the in and outs of different vehicles, management could improve, my co-workers were team players and helpful, the hardest part was explaining unknown information to customers the easiest was helping them.
productive and fun workplace
Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Augusta, GADecember 1, 2014
Pros: learning things
Cons: healthcare
I enjoyed working at the store and learning new things making new friends as well
Bad Company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Faribault, MNNovember 26, 2014
I don't put down companies but this one is the worst i have ever worked for. With this company it goes further than just a bad boss or bad co-workers, the company and how they do business is very bad.

1 2 3 4 5

About AUTOZONE

AutoZone, Inc. is a specialty retailer and a distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories. As of August 30, 2008, – Read more