AUTOZONE
1,158 reviews

AUTOZONE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Was promised a Commercial Sales Manager Position Upon Hire.
Customer Satisfaction Representative (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 24, 2014
Was promised a Commercial Sales Manager Position Upon hire within 4 weeks after training along with higher wage within 4 weeks of start. Worked for over 3 months and never received any of these promises.
Wonderful place to work
Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Spencer, IAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: excellent management, career opportunities
Cons: location
Very flexible with high school schedule, lots of opportunities for advancement and good job security. I would work there again in a second, and make it my career.
Great management
Part Sales Manager (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 21, 2014
I had no complaints about the store I was working at. The management was superior. The store had great structure and the companies way of doing things was fluid.
Part Sales Manager
Parts Sale Manager (Former Employee), Monroe, GAJuly 21, 2014
Very fun job, never knew what to expect during the day. Learned a lot of management skills on this job.
Not to Shabby
Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: hostile individuals every now and then
Good days mostly, some rough days
Learned a lot about vehicles in general
Managers can be pretty helpful, just depends on where you end up, and who you get.
Co-workers are basically your siblings.
Not hard at all
Discounts are cool
Answer the phones and help with selling car parts
Sales Representative (Current Employee), New Castle, INJuly 19, 2014
Pros: it goes around my school
Cons: healthcare
Answer the phones and help with selling car parts. I have good management. The hardest part about my job is trying to help someone and you can't.
Team Oriented
Parts Sales Manager (Current Employee), Ridgeland, MSJuly 17, 2014
Autozone provides a friendly working environment and gives everyone a chance for advancement.
Parts Sales Manager
Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chino Hills and Fullerton CaliforniaJuly 16, 2014
Pros: professional work invironment
Cons: hours and politics
Typical day at Autozone included overseeing 95% of store functions including customer service, money management, managing Customer Service Representatives and general store up-keep.

I learned a lot about Management and Customer Service.

Co workers consisted of upper management and new hires that I trained.

Looking back there was no "hardest part – more... of the job" at AutoZone.

The most enjoyable part of the job was training new people and providing excellent customer service to customers. – less
great place to work
parts sales associate (Former Employee), citronelle alJuly 16, 2014
great place to work for as a parts sales manager. paid for my ase certs
it is a fast pace job
Store Manager (Current Employee), Antioch, TNJuly 16, 2014
Pros: discounts for you on parts
Cons: long days and sum hard lifting
If you are young and ready to give all you time to the co. it for you.
Productive and Very sales oriented
Part Sales/Parts Delivery (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 15, 2014
constantly pushing for sales. customers are their priority
Productive work place
Hub Driver (Former Employee), Milwaukee WIJuly 14, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: no lunches
My job consist of picking up orders from the main store and delivering them to the other locations. This job was fun to learn about especially automotive. Managers were really cool to work with. The hardest part of the job is not being able to take a lunch break because you have to make sure your deliveries are on time. The most enjoyable part of the – more... job is the sight seeing part you get to see different cities etc. – less
Fast paced and alot of time on your feet.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Highland, INJuly 14, 2014
Pros: meeting new people everyday
Cons: non-consistent schedule, mandatory breaks, no benefits, low pay, not enough hours
A typical day at work consisted of either opening or closing the store, stocking shelves, operating the register, doing returns, and looking up parts for customers. I changed batteries, headlights/tail lights, and wiper blades for customers as well as checking engine codes and testing batteries, alternators and starters. I learned how to find parts – more... through the system database and how to read planogram numbers. The management was really nice and easy to work with. My co-workers were also very friendly and helpful and great at being team players. The hardest part of my job was doing return swaps and trying to figure out the right size brake lines for different customers because brake line sizes vary depending on the vehicle and their location. The most enjoyable part of the job was stocking the shelves when it was truck day. – less
Great for car enthusiasts, not great with management
Part Sales Manager (Former Employee), Parker, COJuly 12, 2014
The work environment is stressful and fast paced, good for me bad for others. Management never saw eye to eye on aspects of how the job should get done or when it needed to be done by. The pay compensation for the work is not great but what retail store is?
Fun workplace thanks to the customer, co-workers, and management.
Retail Sale Associtae (Former Employee), Belleville, ILJuly 10, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, good management, 20% off store items
Cons: unable to to receive the product at the time of purchase.
- Describe a typical day.
* A typical day at Autozone is fast pace, a lot of smiling, and solving a lot of customers problems with their vehicles.

- What did you learn while employed with this company?
* I've learned to work smarter, not harder. I've learned that product appearance is key to a sale, and I've enhanced multi-tasking

- Describe the management – more... at this company.
* The management at Autozone is fantastic and will work with you in any situation.

- How well do you and your co-workers get along?
* My co-workers and I get along great. It's like a team, or a well oiled machine. We all work together just for the satisfaction.

- What is the hardest part of the job?
*The hardest part of the job is not being able to help a customer. Meaning, if a part is unavailable at the time the customer needs it, and where unable to provide that item at that present time. On most occasions, we are able to send them to another Autozone close by so they may obtain the required part, or have it transferred to our location.

- What is the most enjoyable part of the job?
*The most enjoyable day is satisfying the customer. – less
hard company to work for
Automotive Parts Manager/Commercial Manager (Former Employee), Conyers, GAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: learn to in high volume atmophere.
Cons: learning to manage a business.
A typical day at work increase my automotive knowledge and increased my management skills.Every day is a learning experience.the management was allways willing to help when a problem occurred.My co workers very helpful when needed.The lon hours are the hardest thing the most enjoyable thing working with others.
Productive and Great experiance
Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee), Wood Dale, ILJuly 8, 2014
Pros: working with a great group of customer and co-workers
Make and receive calls from commercial customer's and Do it yourself. Sell part's and offer advice to customer's and make sure they have everything to do the job correctly. Make sure to transfer and receive inventory from stores. Also keep a eye on inventory levels. Management is great always looking to show you how to expand personal knowledge on the – more... job and offer training's to make my advancement in the company better. Co-workers are up to learning new information they did not get in training and are always able to help you out with some thing you don't know. What I enjoy about the job is the different people that come in daily or the different people that you speak to on the phone. – less
Busy/entertaining/rewarding
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: learning and helping customers
Cons: not enough hours
Auto Zone has taught me a lot of skills especially dealing with customers, and how to multitask. Your typical day at Auto Zone is very business, because you have customers coming at you from every direction and at the same time you have to be able to search the data base for parts and ring/check them out. Management and co-workers there are very helpful,they – more... make you feel as if you are are apart of the family from the very get go. The most rewarded thing about working there is being able to help your customers and at the same time being able to learn so much about car parts. – less
A great experience
Sales, Customer Service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: needed better management
I was a cashier, stocker, and customer service. This job was a great experience.
Was a fun place to work.
Part Sales Manager (Former Employee), Utica, NYJuly 5, 2014
Pros: fun work place
Cons: terrible employees
Only one or two employees actually knew about cars or other important required information. Most of the other employees were not trained and knew nothing. They continuously irritated customers and cost the company money on a daily bases.

1 2 3 4 5

About AUTOZONE

AutoZone, Inc. is a specialty retailer and a distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories. As of August 30, 2008, – Read more