AUTOZONE

AUTOZONE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Laurel, MSAugust 19, 2014
Being in sale's was a fun job to me. I enjoy working with the public and I'm a people person, so it made work fun. I work well with other co-workers and management. The hardest part about work was knowing at some point and time you'll have a customer that isn't satisfied. But I do and have done my best to always make sure all customers are happy and – more... leave with everything they need. – less
na
Store Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Very fast paced environment working with the customer to get the right part the first time was the key to success at autozone keeping the customers happy made the business grow. Knowing how to read pl's and going over them with the district managers every week was key. Making sure that your store was properly staffed at all times was very important – more... also developing your team for success, making sure they were ready to move up the ladder when needed. The hardest part of the job was gaining the confidence form the male customer who did not believe that I am very knowledgeable about cars. But what I enjoyed the most was my staff we worked so well together – less
Manager
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), new kensignton paAugust 18, 2014
Enjoyed running all aspects of the business from scheduling to selling parts very hands on with my employees.
Excellent place to gain customer service experience
Part Sales Manager (Current Employee), Seymour, TNAugust 16, 2014
Pros: you have an hour for lunch and excellent benefits for full time employees
Cons: store coverage is often mismatched with extra coverage during slow times, but not enough coverage during busy times
AutoZone's culture places the customer at the forefront of our business. We are constantly advised and trained in ways to place the customer first, whether it is from greeting them promptly or going out to their car to test a battery.
Good starting point
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 14, 2014
fast pace, customer base heavy and low expectations.
clean, help customers with their parts and answer questions
Great people in the Shamokin Dam store.
Commercial Driver (Current Employee), Shamokin Dam, PAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: low pay
Great people in the Shamokin Dam store.
People are great. Pay sucks, but I guess it pays what other entry-level roles are paying around here.
If you like the industry, have a positive attitude and work hard, you will get promoted.

I don't like the auto industry, but I've seen others advance quickly into management.
Great place to work!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 13, 2014
Knowledge about the automotive field is imperative and with quality management, learning the industry is attainable. Laid back place to work and fun to be had.
N/A
Parts Sales (Current Employee), Princeton, TXAugust 12, 2014
Cons: everything
If i knew the way they treated there employees i would have never applied extremely low pay and cut hours.
Fun place to work if you like helping people
Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee), Danbury, CTAugust 12, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, management is always available.
Cons: salary is extremely low
I really enjoy helping people with cars, finding the problem and fixing is a nice feeling.
A very fun workplace with a comradery among employees
Event Temps (Former Employee), Somerville, MAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work enviroment
Cons: short breaks or no breaks
My typical day would be to travel to whatever event I would be working. For instance, one of my favorite events would be the Museum of Science. I would go and set up for the event and then serve the customers of the event. I would also bus and clean the tables when they were done. My co workers were great and a pleasure to work with. I learned how to – more... serve people with a style that is very professional. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with certain difficult customers because they always exist. However, just keep a smile on your face and that's it. The most fun part of the job for me was meeting new people, not only employees, but the people at the events. – less
Very Flexible schedule
Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: lear alot about automotive technology
Cons: pay
began working here while in school, very flexible schedule, great place to gain automotive knowledge
Fun group of people
Driver (Former Employee), Summerville, SCAugust 10, 2014
Fun group of people to work for and with, excellent customer service, something always to do and keep busy!!!
Good Company
Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2014
Positive environment, friendly staff, good training department and fun environment.
Production and good company to work for
Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee), Waynesburg, PAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: paid travel time and factions
Cons: job security and advancement
There are very good work hours and they will work around your schedule. The management there is very involved with their employees. They will teach you many things about the work place and in the automotive department. They have fairly good benefits and the wages are also fairly good. You do receive paid vacation after a year of full time work.
nice place to work
Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee), Neptune Beach, FLAugust 7, 2014
nice place to work as long as your not looking for a career...............
D.M and above Managment are never satisfied
Store Manager (Current Employee), Midwest City, OKAugust 6, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: they say 50 hours for store mangers but, it`s really 60 to 70 hours a week.
The big boss are never happy. I run in the top of the whole company, every year and they are never happy. They always want more more more.
autozone
❸ Assist customer (Former Employee), plantation flAugust 6, 2014
The position for this job was an experience that i have attained a lot of knowledge from, great environment to work in and great people, the most enjoyable part of my day was helping others.
Good Job for people with no families
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 5, 2014
Pros: decent pay, but not enough for single parents, hour lunch
Cons: decent pay, but not enough for single parents, but no breaks
I am only working part-time, when I wanted a full-time job. I am making $9 an hour, when I could be making more with my certification as a Business Administrator. So I am pretty much working to pay for daycare..I need daycare to work, but what's the point of working if I can babysit my kid for free..
A good company Bad managment personal
Auto Parts Delivery Driver Retail Counter (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: the nice cars that came into the parking lot.
Cons: the managment has no what goes on nore do they care as long as the stock number stay up
Opening the Retail store side, stocking product, filling the overnight wholesale orders that were placed after hours. helping customers with getting what they need. Delivering the parts to the wholesale customer.
Good job for dealing with public
Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee), Hornell, NYAugust 5, 2014
It's a good job for a sales orientated individual. I've learned a lot on daily operations for a large corporation, enjoy working with others whom have some same interest. Hardest part of job is certain types of paper work involved with business.

1 2 3 4 5

About AUTOZONE

AutoZone, Inc. is a specialty retailer and a distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories. As of August 30, 2008, – Read more