AUTOZONE

AUTOZONE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive place
Driver (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXOctober 24, 2014
i enjoyed this position as ift gave me expereince in the driving field
I enjoy it
Customer Service (Current Employee), Bedford, TXOctober 23, 2014
I close a majority of the time. I help customers get the right parts & manage my team. It took me 3 months to get promoted to parts sales manager. What makes my job good and worthwhile is the guys i work with. We have a great team.
good place to work
Parts Sales Manger (Former Employee), Morganton, NCOctober 22, 2014
go in open store help customer's
sale's,inventory,comm. sales
smart
driving 50 mile's one way to work
all of it
Decent workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fontana, CAOctober 22, 2014
Its a good place to work except the company mostly promotes from taking other companies managers and occasionally from within.
Good working environment
Parts Sales Manager (Current Employee), Laurel, MDOctober 21, 2014
Pros: enough time for yourself
Cons: low pay
Its like a family, co-workers are fun to be with. Management is not identifiable with the rest of the team.
Not recommended
DIY Sales/Commercial Manager (Current Employee), Breaux Bridge, LAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: 20 percent discount on products
Cons: employees not top quality for the low pay
I believe the company has a problem keeping employees. Hourly pay is very low and overtime is never permitted.
Okay job while being a full-time student
Parts Sales Manager (Current Employee), Panama City Beach, FLOctober 20, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: poor upper management
Autozone is a typical retail sales environment. They were ale to work with my school schedule and give me enough hours to cover my personal expenses.
Blah
Parts Sales Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 20, 2014
Regular super market with no advances. Or good pay often pay minimum low wage.
It was a pretty good place to work
Retail/ Customer Sales Manager (Former Employee), Holt, MIOctober 19, 2014
I learned how to be a good manager there

I the job had its ups and downs some days the customers could be a lot of fun to help and talk to and others not so much
fun workplace, awesome coworkers
CASHIER/STOCK (Former Employee), New York NYOctober 17, 2014
Pros: awesome coworkers and management
learned a lot about auto parts, co workers were friendly and always made sure we worked as a team, hardest part of the job was the occasional disgruntled customers that argued about the help we were trying to give them. Enjoyed working there everyday.
Really good work enviorment
Customer Service (Former Employee), North Tonawanda, NYOctober 16, 2014
Just using a alpha-numerical system to put parts in right place.
Great atmosphere if your self motivated and don't mind a little hard work.
Parts Sales Manager/Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tallahassee,FlOctober 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: sweaty job
Great job, must be ready to lift up to 50 lbs, great management,
Just a job
Sales Representative/Trainer (Former Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: discount parts
Cons: no advancements
Provide customer service face to face or via telephone, deliver commercial parts to commercial shops. Overall it was just a job very with little to no advancements the co-workers and most mangers were good people the hardest part about the job was not getting deserved pay but the customers made the job enjoyable.
PROFESSIONAL AND FRIENDLY
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 14, 2014
Pros: fast paced and efficient
Cons: lack of communication
I ENJOYED WORKING THERE AND THE BENEFITS FOR WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY ARE ENDLESS
Parts Sales at its finest
Store Manager (Former Employee), Taylor, MIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: plenty of advancement opportunities
Cons: relies too much on add-on sales.
Started out as a part time sales representative, and was quickly promoted to a management roll. This company recognizes and rewards individuals for showing competence and good work ethic. Also, automotive knowledge is a big plus. The only issue I ever really had was with upper management, not standing behind their store managers.
Excellent Retail Opportunity
Parts Sales Manager/Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIOctober 11, 2014
Autozone is a great company to work for in a retail environment. There is a lack of advancement unless you are willing to relocate and the pay is typical for a retail job. Store Manager pay is below market average though.
Misleading Management, but Fun Coworkers Generally
Commercial Sales (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 10, 2014
Pros: good perks, great coworkers
Cons: poor pay, failure to advance, bad management
The trend here seems to be that the people that hire you will promise you one thing, then not provide it. Like salary- I was told this job would meet my salary requirements. then I was told, well yes, if you over claim your tax with holdings so you owe at the end of the year, then work 8-10 hours of overtime, then it will meet your salary requirements. – more... And then you're not allowed to get overtime. The job functions themselves seem to change and you just have to deal with the fact that you're not make as much as you were told you were and doing a completely different job. The company itself stands for many great things, and the "AutoZone Culture" is one of the unique qualities that seem to have given the company it's longevity.

Given the right team, the right management and a lot of patience on the employees part - this could be a great company to work for. – less
Not worth it if you want something you'll enjoy, good for a paycheck
AutoZoner (Current Employee), ohioOctober 10, 2014
Working for AutoZone is a pain. It is constant lies and a company that does not care about its employees. You will be promised advancement that won't happen, moving onto a full time position is nearly impossible and the only people that will even attempt to get along with each other are red shirts. The gray shirts (managers) don't even pretend to like – more... the other employees, except in rare cases. – less
They took pride in me and i did them still do.
Parts Sales Manger (Former Employee), Sumter, SCOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: not discount on everything
The place was a great to work for. They had a lot of great people working there I became friends with. We all shared our knowledge of cars to help people with their car troubles.
Alarm Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 9, 2014
Great people, culture, and diversity!
If you have a positive attitude and show initiative, the opportunities for advancement will always be available.

1 2 3 4 5

About AUTOZONE

AutoZone, Inc. is a specialty retailer and a distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories. As of August 30, 2008, – Read more