AUTOZONE
1,222 reviews

AUTOZONE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good over all place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Allegan, MISeptember 13, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough hours
I just don't get enough hours to take care of my Family. They have a lot of turn over in the company with employees and in management and some are hired that don't have any idea what a starter is. The job is that you don't have a set schedule every week. I love being with the customers and serving them.
One Store, One Team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 11, 2014
Pros: opportunities to learn and grow as well as advance.
Cons: redundancy in a variety of aspects
AutoZone encourages a culture of One Store, One Team which promotes the idea that, regardless of what your job description is, everyone helps everyone else provide excellent Customer Service. I developed a good solid customer base and do miss my customers. AutoZone has developed a culture exclusive to the company with a variety of acronyms for many – more... aspects of this culture. – less
productive and fun place to work in
Hub General Manager (Current Employee), Laredo, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great culture, great pepole, fortune 500 company.
Cons: very little hours, high turnover rate, much pressure on store managers
you must sell,sell,sell, great customer service, motivated co workers, must be a multitasking person if not this is not the job for you.
part time commercial driver
Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Joliet, ILSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: discount, a lot of free time
Cons: low pay, no benefits, no holiday pay, lack of training
A typical retail job working the cash register putting stock away helping customers and just staying busy throughout the day...The toughest part is when the customer asks you to go out to their car and change a battery or doing some kind of mechanical work in the winter...The driving was the cool part of the job to get away from the chaos of the store – more... on busy Saturday afternoons. The downside of driving was some of the people working at the shops were jerks and at times tried to make the deliveries tougher than they had to be. – less
good company
Parts sales manager (Former Employee), Ocala, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: customers, benifits, discounts
Cons: no room for promotions or hours
good co-workers and customers. good benefits when you get them.
Great place to learn to starters.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: hour lunch good job security.
Cons: stressful cut hours start to much to do for the pay.
Good place to work just expect stressful days pay could be better alot better.
it was decent
Sales Associate (Former Employee), La Plata, MDSeptember 9, 2014
the job was decent i don't have a problem with the company it was the management staff that henddered me from enjoying or even advancing in the work place.
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Port Richey, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Started out as commercial manager and within 5 months I was a store manager. Excellent pay and benefits. Would go back to work for them and would recommend them to others
Fun to work at
Hub Delivery driver (Current Employee), Hattiesburg msSeptember 6, 2014
Great company and good people to work for.Good working enviroment and very people friendly,
very interactive
Store Manager (Former Employee), phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
very interactive with commercial store accounts learned to manage money and accounts from different auto mechanic shops management worked together co-workers were easy to work with. hardest part of working was end of day when morning shift management was gone and having to take on work load alone but most enjoyable was getting along with fellow employees.
Excellent company
Parts Sales Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: recognition
Satisfied. Positive job experience
Experienced with inventory management
Nice place to work
Auto Parts Sale / Customer Satisfaction Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 30, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: more money and benefits
I have been working at AutoZone for awhile now and I love it. Everyday is unique at work. you have to be alert, responsive and multitask
the pay could be alot better for the amount of work you do.
Commercial Sales Driver (Current Employee), los angeles, CaAugust 30, 2014
Pros: friendliest coworkers you'll ever have
Cons: no breaks, pay is really low
currently looking for a second job, because working with just autozone there isnt enough income.
Working at Autozone
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pearsall, TXAugust 28, 2014
Living in a small town, we don't get as busy as the ones in a bigger city. that's what I like most about it. I work part time, and part timers only get up to 25 hours a week. Which is hard, when you have to live paycheck to paycheck. Other than that I like it. I've been working 2 years now.
so so place
Outbound Desk Operator (Former Employee), Hazelton, paAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: health insurance is bad. treat employs as slaves. never know when you are going home.
They treat people poorly. Management can not give a definite answer on most things. Some people can do certain things and others arent allowed
if you like cars a good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), North Highlands, CAAugust 28, 2014
the typical day at work is with people that need help and you help them and at the same time may learn something new.
Stable and diverse company with excellent benifets
AutoZone as Retail Store Manager (Current Employee), Coral Springs, FLAugust 27, 2014
I spend my workdays selling parts, coaching employees solving problems for customers as well as staff members. The hardest part of the job is not being able to give hours to employees that want more. The most enjoyable part of my job is training staff members and solving problems.
Need to treat employees better
Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee), Orrville, OHAugust 27, 2014
The company is a great place to work, however they need to treat their employees better.
Labor intensive job which involved 8+ hours of driving daily.
Hub driver (Current Employee), Happy Valley, ORAugust 27, 2014
Pros: driving and listening to music
Cons: hot warehouse and picking up the slack of others
My typical day at work would be showing up at 5am to pick all the parts for the first four runs to head out to the regions AutoZones. This would take about 2 hours to complete with one other person. After that I would scan all the parts to stickers that would be dedicated for the store that they were supposed to be shipped to. Then I would back down – more... the trucks and fill them up according to the run that they were suppose to go on. I would then get in my truck and head out for the first run, then once my run was completed I would have lunch and then come back to pick more parts for the 3rd run of the day.

What I learned from this job is how to do different tricks during picking auto parts to be as proficient as possible.

My co-workers were fine for the most part as people, but I always found myself picking up the slack for them working slow.

Hardest part of the job was to being running around a warehouse that didn't have a/c picking up 50 pound brake drums/starters/alternators/compressors/radiators and so on.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to spend time alone driving in my truck and listening to music. – less
sales driven work atmosphere. very serious
Assistant Manager/Parts Sales (Former Employee), Cortland, NYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: not always getting a break depending on business
a day at work was helping every customer find parts for their cars. testing and diagnose problems the customer had. I learned a lot about automotive repair and maintenance. most co workers were great people, very friendly. Hardest part of the job was trying to understand what people wanted when they didn't know and getting overwhelmed by so many customers – more... with not enough help. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping a customer in need and making their day great. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About AUTOZONE

AutoZone, Inc. is a specialty retailer and a distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories. As of August 30, 2008, – Read more