autoTRADER.ca Employee Reviews

no long vision
Category Consultant - Online Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2015
AutoTrader is a very fun casual work place but the management only hire people to implement short term projects. The direction changes all the time they have this concept of moving cheese to refer to that internally. Employee turn around is very high people just come in for the quick experience and nice salary to move on in future.
nice start up
coe (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
able to connect and network with vaious automitive parties
enhanced my digital marketing skills
co workers are great
management can be better from a support standpoint
Pros
corporate events
Cons
poor manangement
Micro Management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  BurnabyMay 6, 2015
The main problem with this company for at least the sales department is the level of micro management that is present. Regional Managers and Sales Director know what they are doing and give the impression that they care about their staff. Unfortunately that cannot be said for upper management. The impression that is given is that upper management does not trust their regional managers or sales staff. The lack of empathy from upper management is very troubling and does not provide for a fun work environment.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Micro Management
The best website offering for Automobiles
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 20, 2015
*Assisted customer sell their vehicles
*Design & suggest advertiisement to customers.
* Leraned the auto industry
*Hardest part : Reaching weekly deadlines for magazine & web
* Get to assist customer's
Pros
Auto industry knowledge
Cons
limited growth opportunity
Products
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 11, 2015
Proven successful to be the number one online media solution for all your automotive advertising needs
Fun work place with supportive management
Always one step ahead of the competition
Fun, inclusive, driven and energetic company moving forward.
Editor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2014
I've been with Trader since June 2013. The company is clearly going through a growth period, and it's exciting. I really enjoy my job and my work day.
It is a large corporation, but has a similar atmosphere and climate to some small non-profits I've been apart of. My manager is engaged and responsive, my work-life balance is good, and my sacrifices outside of hours are recognized. Best of all, I'm given regular recognition. I work in the Toronto office, which has good access to games rooms, etc.
My only gripe: No microwave on my floor (I have to go to the lunch room - boo!)
Pros
Fun atmosphere, growing company
Cons
Some silofication of departments.
What I learned
Post Moderator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 14, 2015
I learned that this type of environment is a great place to learn the business world. Always growing opportunities. Managements always ensure the staff was having fun but working to strive for success within the company,
Amazing workplace to build on all Call Centre skills required to be successful.
Inside Sales Account Manager/Staff Trainer (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke OntarioJune 25, 2014
The usual day is getting your quotas by the end of the day. Usually have weekly targets. Many programs will be used to enter data information on client, sales etc. The training from management is thorough and very helpful. Co-workers are always helpful. The hardest part of the job would be cold calling. The most enjoyable part of the job is just being in the environment where you could grow on a professional career level.
Full of Fun Environment
Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  405 West Mall, Etobicoke OnFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day at work starts with acquiring Brand new customers, I learned lots of communication skills, very persistent behavior, Management is cool, Co-workers are good to work with, Bring consistent sales every week, Work Independently.
Pros
Freedom of hours.
Cons
Pro-active with co-workers, reinburstment on school, gym facilities
A/R Billing Administrator Clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 17, 2012
. Check emails, and inbox on tasks for the day
. Bill run sheets or contracts from Sales Reps and balance.
. Call Customers on Account Inquires.
. Dealing with difficult Customers, and resolving their issues.
. When you do not balance month end finding what you missed.
. Balancing month end. Customers that call with satisfaction on their accounts, as well always getting the work completed.
Pros
birthday lunches paid by the company.
Cons
sometime overtime
Great clients to work with, valuable service to provide.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMarch 23, 2012
Trader has been an enjoyable place to work for many years. For the most part the people you work with in the office and out in the field are top notch. Management may be lacking in the competency department somewhat however the business has changed drastically over the years with ownership changing often and massive job cuts with each change. If you are fortunate enough to avoid being a victim of corporate down sizing, the work environment is flexible and compensation is good and there is satisfaction in providing a valuable service to your clients.
Pros
flexable work enviroment, reasonable compensation
Cons
office politics, managment incompetancy.
Ok Company, Not so great boss.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 29, 2012
Position was overall good. You have the usual deadlines and stress to meet those deadlines. My only issue was my boss. I disliked the meetings because all it was about was everyone kissing her butt and if you didn't kiss her butt you were on your way out. Very two faced. I don't know how they hire management and I don't know how she's still there. Very unprofessional.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
managers, like everywhere else you work your butt off and your only a number.
Great evolution while entering into the online media
Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2013
I started with the company in 2012 and have seen the company evolve since. It offers great leadership opportunities, work life balance.
Free fitness centre, free parking and lots of good things. They have just introduced a lounge, ping pong table, lots of plants.

The support that is provided by the executives is amazing. Their is pressure on deadline and ad hoc projects; This would be in any growing organization.

I love working at TRADER.
Pros
great team, lots of support
Cons
wish it was located in downtown
Productive, friendly and enjoys working with people
Graphic Designer/Page Layout Designer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 30, 2013
• Created eye catching, detailed display advertising
• Quality InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator design
• Proven Sales and Client satisfaction
• Excelled quality, productivity to meet deadline targets
• Performance in a fast paced, team oriented environment
• Adaptive to new technologies and challenges
• Flexible and experienced with all shiftwork
Fast-paced and collaborative organization
National Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 3, 2014
- fast-paced organization that continually improves on its advertising effectiveness for its clients
- a collaborative team environment where everybody works together to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- highly effective management team that continually improves and develops their respective teams
Auto Trader Magazine was a great place to work. Fast paced, tight deadlines!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, OnMay 7, 2014
Every day was different. New challenges and constant trouble shooting. Dealing with the public and working as a team. Assisting the sales staff and aiding the Sales Manager. This job started out part time in customer service and elevated to the opening and support of Out Post offices throughout SW Ontario to Administrative Assistant to the Sales Manager and general overseeing of all office duties and smooth running of all office procedures.

My co-workers were dedicated and hard working and made it enjoyable to be on the same team. The hardest part of the job was saying good bye when they closed their doors for good.
Pros
Being part of the well oiled machine that turned out the magazines each week.
Cons
Seeing the evolution of paperless industry cause job losses.
Fun place to work and great people to work with
District Manager - Alberta North (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 20, 2014
Most stressful part was on print days. If presses were late - everything got delayed. Those times, we had to scramble to fulfill our deadlines. Weather also played a huge factor. However, the team was well organized and very supportive. Always pulled through.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Print discontinuation
Productive and a fast pace environment
Digital Solutions & Media Consultant (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, OntarioMay 8, 2012
•Responsible for identification, acquisition and growth of new account opportunities within assigned territory
•Established and identified new revenue opportunities within current client portfolio
•Bi-weekly consultative meetings with clients to review current business strategies and provided solutions
•Maintained pro-active dialogue with internal divisions in order to fulfill service commitments to clientele
•100% commission based
•Overseeing and managing day-to-day operations of approximately 35 Field Operatives across Ontario
•Responsible for interviewing, hiring and terminating employees
•Responsible for logistics planning
•Organize weekly “ride-a-longs” with field operatives to ensure high level of service, problem-solving regarding client complaints
•Conduct annual reviews
Dysfunctional Company
NPV Account Manager (Current Employee) –  OakvilleMarch 31, 2015
All departments work in silo - nightmare for a salesperson
Way too much administrative work
Good manager
Great pay
Great clients and sales division
Awesome incentive trips
Zero work life balance small company unprofessional culture
Curent employee, Analyst (Current Employee) –  EtobicokeOctober 23, 2012
I am only reviewing this so that others understand that this company has no work life balance at all. I work 50/hr a week with no over time or time in lieu.

I work there and do not recommend this company to anyone.
Cons
work life balance is absent