Autoport Limited Employee Reviews

Poor management, poor attitude, too young and unprofessional workers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2017
I worked as a temp and I worked very diligently and always said yes to long hours up to 12 hrs+. This was during their spring rush when they needed extra workers. By the end of spring they made a BS excuse and they fired a bunch of people me included. Their excuse for me was I worked too many hours yet they never gave me any schedule so I showed up to work 7 days a week. They complained about having to pay me over time. The management and communication is so terrible there they don't even know how to write a proper schedule for workers.
Pros
Fun if you are into cars and driving
Cons
Poor management, dishonesty
Great place to make money
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON23 September 2017
A typical day at work is unchoking vehicles from rail cars, offloading, unloading and parking in the correct spot for the carriers can take them away. Depends if you work nights or day they have different tasks. The day crew those more most of the unchoking, offloading a unloading and they have a crew for put-away the cars on the correct spots or bay locations. The night crew is task on the duty to putaway all the cars that where offloaded in the day. The job is not rush 98 percent of the time, but as always sometimes you have to work faster than usual, but nothing you can handle. Remember safety first, dont screw up doing things faster them you can handle or you wil get punish and the union will not help in stupid cases, so you have to take your time and the time they give you, double standard yeahhh..LOL.

The most important thing that i learned is safety above all and to take my time and dont rush things. Second its a rail environment so you learned a lots of technical names for railing environment, not all but important ones.

The workplace culture is safety above all and take your time or the time they give to complete the task and to work as a team.

The hardest part of the job is the people working there, some not all, lets leave it here..lol.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to drive a lot of different types of cars, Mercedes, BMW, mini cooper, and lots of average car. The work for my take is easy, its demanding sometimes, but once you get the learning curve its pleasant and enjoyable.
Pros
Good salary, lots of overtime and you choose if you want to work your overtime
Cons
Some people
Terrible place!!!
Worker (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON19 March 2017
Don't waste your life here!!!
Management is unprofessional. How manager can be snowplow guy without experience???!!! Coworkers are terrible. Union doesn't care about you! You just pay union dues for nothing!!! Also they saing you will have benefits, yes, but you will pay for that.
Out in the Cold
Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Eastern Passage, NS17 June 2016
While working as a Temp employee at The Auto Port I experienced long wait times standing out in the Rain & snow because the Bus driver would make the Temps walk from the bottom of the hill to the top were he parked the bus? He would never drive the bus down and pick us up, He would always make us walk up that hill in the rain at -10c.

After about 10 trips I had enough of there treatment making the Temps stand outside in the elements walking up that hill I walked out and never returned!!

Currently I work in the security industry, Auto port would allow me to be posted on there site as a guard with the security company because I complained about treatment I was receiving from the bus driver.

Walking up that Hill in the summer might not have been to bad but leaving people in those elements when they don't half to is messed up!
Pros
Nice cars
Cons
Bus drivers
Don't work here
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 June 2016
The guys and girls I work with on a daily basis are pretty chill but when you get to the management, it's a whole different story. They treat you like dirt, have no respect for you, and will fire you for the smallest reason. Thankfully I quit and moved on to better things. Such a waste of my time working there. IT SUCKS!
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
Everything else
Management is paid poorly at the supervision level creating a culture that is run by the union employees .
Driver (Former Employee) –  Keele Street Concord9 March 2016
Very interesting place to work. Can be a lot of fun especially if you make it into the Union. Unfortunately, the "Union Management" seem to dictate what goes on. Senior Union Representative's decision's on hiring seem to be based on colour and age. Some very dangerous, although strongly frowned upon by management, activity takes place by the employees. I would not want my new car, or my special interest/vintage vehicle to be delivered by these folks. Not a very hard job that pays a lot of money for the type of work. The toughest job would be unchoking of the vehicles on a tri level railcar, a job as a temp you are used and abused for. The best part was being able to see touch and drive some extremely nice new and some collectable vehicles, and work with some really fun people. They go through supervisor's almost monthly, at another facility it was weekly for a little while.
Pros
Easy work, high pay, some fun co-workers
Cons
Management a bunch of yes men at the top, Supervisor's stuck in the middle, Union Boss a Racist
Tough Place To Work
Rail Division Supervisor (Temporay Position) (Former Employee) –  Eastern Passage, NS19 November 2015
.This job was very hard with out proper training. Was very Stressful most days trying to figure things out. Shifts were not good
Pros
Good Wages
Cons
Temporay Job and poor training
Typical day at work
Lead Hand / Operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2015
Operating heavy machinery ie: Track Mobiles, Rail cars, Loading ramp (buck). I also would drive units (vehicles) through the rail cars, over junctions. Then once out we would either put them to the side of the rail car or we would park them, depending on the day. When Parking I would shuttle my co-workers in the shuttle van then take them back to what was called rail head and and delegate them to the next units needing parking.
Don do it
Railer (Former Employee) –  autoport14 May 2015
this is the worst possible place to work for, dangerous, and treated like garbage. You really hit the end of your rope if you there!!!
Pros
Cons
everything
Expendable drive
temp driver (Former Employee) –  Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia5 May 2015
It could be a fun place to work, if you love cars, but management sucks. No respect for temps (temps are expendable) over the permanent employees, even if you are not at fault, you'll take the blame and not be called back as a temp.

Be ready to listen to a ton of garbage and ridicule from other works, all day long.
Pros
Some nice people but watch your back.
Cons
Worst job I have ever had
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Concord11 April 2015
Dangerous work with incompetent management. You will be blamed for anything that goes wrong. You are paid less than the teamsters you are supervising. I was fired for knocking over a sign.
Pros
Cons
everything
incompetent management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Keele Street8 February 2015
Absolutely the worst place I have ever worked. Dangerous and unsafe working conditions and a intolerant management culture. The fire staff for the smallest infractions. DO NOT WORK THERE!!!! I was a Supervisor and they have gone threw 21 Supervisors in a year.
Pros
Cons
Dangerous environment and incompetent management
No support from upper management
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2014
I worked for Autoport for 3 years. As I advanced in this company, I found that the upper management did not support its junior managers in their quest to improve their terminal locations. My days were consumed with trying to keep my terminal running while being severely short staffed. In the end I quit due to a lack of personal life due to working 80+ hours a week on a salary designed for a 40 hour work week.
Pros
No end to the work load
Cons
Long days and no personal life
Horrible Place
worker (Former Employee) –  worker21 October 2014
If you have no family/life this is the place for you to work. They make you work 24/7 with little time off. There is no support from upper management and people rotate out of there fast. Look elsewhere and don't waste your time here....you will regret!