Autodesk

Autodesk Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed growing an international business.
International Account Manager - Inside Sales (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 27, 2012
Came in at 3am and worked until 1pm in order to grow this engineering software business around the globe.
Great corporate environment
Gallery Marketing Intern/ Social Media Innovation (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 3, 2012
Loved working in the Gallery and seeing all the amazing exhibits that showcase Autodesk's reach.
Senior Quality Manager (Current Employee), San Rafael, CANovember 14, 2012
People are smart and passionate to make better product and help customers. Management is behind the curve with latest technology most of the time but catches up and do good. Company takes care of the employees.
Heavy workload and short time to complete tasks
SAP Basis Technical Migration project lead (Former Employee), San Rafael, CANovember 4, 2012
Pros: working with third party vendors
Cons: short breaks and heavy work pressure
Give to third party vendor . Unorganized and unplanned projects
Wish it never ended
Product Support Technician (Former Employee), Manchester, NHOctober 16, 2012
Pros: everything else
Cons: under pressure to preform
I loved this company. But with the bad economy came lay offs.
Brilliant company with a HUGE potential
AEC Sales (Former Employee), USA San RSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: people, culture, compensation
Cons: i resigned. i shouldn't
I loved working at Autodesk. Such great people. I always had a blast with my team. I worked in Sales. Superb commission scheme, with great accelerators, (some of the best in the industry). Products are superb.

I am looking to get back there. It was a mistake thinking the grass could be greener. It isnt.
Amazing people and products! Cutting-edge technology.
Sr. SWE (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 26, 2012
Pros: creative people and innovative products!
Cons: slow decision making at times
Autodesk's products have such impact in the world and it's inspiring to come to work every day! The people and culture are better than any other company I've worked in . It's a start-up culture within a stable environment. The shift to cloud, mobile and social is exciting!
Overall decent company, but it could be a lot better
analyst (Current Employee), San rafael, caSeptember 21, 2012
mediocre management, company has good market share, global leader on CAD but survives by inertia, capitalizing on old products brands. Nice people and environment, but career opportunities are scarse. Very political organization, mediocre managers are promoted because of connecions rather than real management and people skills.
Strong Compensation/Benefits, Weak Job Security/Advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Rafael, CASeptember 20, 2012
Autodesk provided strong compensation and benefits. Autodesk did not create an environment for job advancement and job security.
Good Company to work for
Global Services - Sr. Program Mgr, Product Support (Current Employee), Remote Office - WASeptember 12, 2012
Great place, great people, great benefits. They definitely encourage work/life balance.
A great company in CAD
Senior Research Engineer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 11, 2012
Pros: work-life balance, benefits
Cons: hard to read managers even just one level above (own manager) in my department
Autodesk is a great company to work for in general. Excellent work-life balance and overall benefit. Its niche is in CAD, where it really dominates. However, in the field that I'm working in (simulation), Autodesk is still searching for directions.
Productive Working environment
Major Utility Account Business Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 3, 2012
Pros: personal leadership, sales freedom / independence, great work environment
Cons: restructures, new management on annual basis and lack of executive understanding on long term utility sales cycles
Autodesk provides a strong work ethic based company. A typical day includes several interactions with various customer opportunities - progress - since they are generally Long Term Sales Cycles which could last nearly 2 years.
The challenges faced at Autodesk is my current position is under a direct purchase model which is counter culture to Autodesk's – more... Reseller / Channel model used on 90% of their business.
Several restructures have challenged the Major Utility group with new Managers uneducated on the industry and other management who does not comprehend the complexity nor longevity of our sales cycles.
My co-workers (remote) are a great team and easy to coordinate project opportunities and successful action plans. – less
Good company for an internship
Software Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee), NYAugust 15, 2012
The co-workers are very helpful to the intern students.
The salary is also good
Very creative atmosphere
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2012
Interned as a mechanical engineer for the Sustainability Workshop in 2011. Brought my CAD skills to the next level, learning the ins and outs of various Autodesk products.
Inspiring people, great work-life balance.
Product Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 5, 2012
I got to work with some amazing, innovative people who care about making good products for their customers. The hardest part of the job was having to coordinate with teammates in other parts of the world. Autodesk takes good care of its employees and is dedicated to making a positive impact on the world.
Excellent work culture
Intern (Former Employee), Pune, MHJuly 11, 2012
Pros: work environment, helpful colleagues, experience
Cons: no continuation
Typical day at work would include tasks identification, setting estimates for the tasks, performing the tasks and finally reporting. Learnt a great deal of team work, ideal approach to coding, the value of commented and indented code, ever - learning spirit.
Very well managed office. Right from the gate security of the complex to every office boy and – more... manager knew about the new joining on my first day. Co-workers were very helpful, modest, with ever-learning attitude and completely down-to-earth attitude. No timing constraints as long as the work is done. And no work pressure. – less
This environment likes to think it's concerned and proactive regarding employee satisfaction and work/life balance, but it does not follow through.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAJuly 5, 2012
Non-stop, frenetic, work before the moment I walk in the office (cell phone begins ringing before 7:00 am). I have learned what type of work stress I will no longer tolerate. My management is no management at all - just micromanage to death and then change everything anyway. The most difficult part of the job is finding some sort of connection with – more... the person for whom I currently work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the other people I get to work with on a fairly regular basis. – less
Great culture
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAJune 23, 2012
Worked as a contractor for Autodesk; the company has a great culture, with plenty of perks.
Innovative, ambitious with a strong bias for becoming the leader in the industry.
South Region Channel Senior Director (Former Employee), Barcelona, CTJune 17, 2012
Challenging environment but highly rewarding in all aspects.
A great job and career experience overall
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), San FranciscoMay 29, 2012
Pros: amazing products, really bright people.
Cons: not a marketing driven company, which makes it tough when you're a marketer.
An amazing place to work and be a part of. Really great people and products that are truly amazing, with great customers who do really cool things with the products.

About Autodesk

As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a – Read more

Autodesk Photos