Autodesk

Autodesk Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Pace to work
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAJanuary 21, 2014
• As part of my current role i am involved in Environments designing for Testing Environments, System integration test, Stage and Production environments apart from this I am involved in Architecture and identifying the existing system gaps and fix the loopholes of the ancient build system.
• Environment configured using AWS EC2, AWS Dynamo DB, AWS – more... S3, AWS VPC, and AWS Security Groups (creating, maintaining, configuring) using IAM
• Setting up Splunk to diagnose problems (including setting up forwarders and configuring alerts)
• Configured auto-scaling AWS VPC stack using JSON templates(preferred using cloud formation and scripting - e.g. coding the server)
• Continuous integration of code and deployments using Puppet, Jenkins, Maven for Development, QA and couple of other environments.
• Configured AWS Elastic Load Balancer, AMI.
• Installing Boto, Python and couple of other tools required for the application teams.
• Configuring user profiles using AWS IAM and couple of other external utilities.
• Configured VPN for leveraging Puppet services across multiple VPC’s. – less
Over promise under deliver
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), SingaporeDecember 12, 2013
Pros: they leave you to your own devices. no one is monitoring your time
Cons: they don't provide the benefits that they say they do. no career development, at all.
I would put them on the bad side of average. They leave you to your own devices, which is a plus. But the raises and bonus are not very good and there is no career development at all and they do everything they can to prevent you from getting a promotion. You most likely will not do the job description that you interview for. They say that they pay – more... for school and reimburse charitable donations, they don't. If you want to work with cutting edge technology, you will not be doing it here. Although I must say that the developers seem happy, and people with "manager" in their job title (and there are a lot) seem pretty happy too. But for me it was pretty much a waste of time. – less
Productive and opportunity to learn advanced technologies
UI Developer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Learnt Advanced Frameworks like Backbone.js and Test Driven Development Approach.
Opportunity to get familiar with the latest technologies used in the UI field currently
Good place to work under right management
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), San Rafael, CANovember 12, 2013
This is a great company to work if you are working with good managers. Flexible, but at times workload can be very heavy.

Some management is awful, which makes job security an issue. Several consultants make up the information systems of this company.
Great Work / Life Balance, great company culture
Software Development Intern, Big Data Analyst (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJuly 17, 2013
Super smart people, world-changing technology. Autodesk have managed to raise the lowly engineer to the level of Geek Superhero - in fact, they were just named one of the Universum Top 100 Ideal Employers for engineering students.

In the right role, one can change the future. Autodesk is a powerful enabler in many spaces, and smart, young people can – more... truly excel in this company.

Autodesk transformed drafting and design back in the 1980's, and they continue to lead the world in engineering technology, design, visualization and future techologies (e.g., additive manufacturing, green buildings and engineering simulation). Great benefits and above-scale pay. Super corporate stewardship for many sustainable efforts - Autodesk gives back to the world.

In the right team, you'll have fun while changing the world. The average Autodesker is more than just smart - he or she is probably a fun-loving prankster / comedian, too. Seriously, the work atmosphere is intense but when this they take a break from their task lists, the majority of functional teams have a great time together. This alone can make work at Autodesk very, very worthwhile. – less
Exciting, ever changing environment to grow professionally and personally.
Sr. Manager, Web PMO (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAJune 19, 2013
Pros: 4 year sabbaticals
The landscape is always changing and Autodesk has the backing and guts to follow the tide to land in front of the big wave. Great company.
Exceptionally employee friendly
CRM Data Migration Consultant (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAApril 12, 2013
Really good company to work with. Learned more about data warehousing, best practices in data migration, data integration and CRM.
Quality Analyst (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMarch 5, 2013
- amazing team to work with
- got enough time to understand the requirements and then contribute
- apart from work it is at one of the most beautiful locations i have worked at.
Avoid at all costs
Data Analyst - Enterprise Data Management Group (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAMarch 4, 2013
Pros: modern & clean building, free coffee.
Cons: unprofessional and dishonorable management
Was brought in as a temp. data analyst. Very unstructured and unprofessional work environment. People in my group were treated as 2nd class employees, work is very unstructured and often times leading to great confusion among analysts. Culture of fear, do not ask questions, just keep head down & do in order not get fired. I spoke up agains this, my – more... contract was not renewed. I was told it was due to speaking up but entire team was let go. Was then offered to come back in a similar department, apparently because I was a good worker in other department (?), refused due to insufficient pay and zero career advancement opportunities. – less

July 10, 2013

I think I know the group you speak of. I am a former employee of the group I believe you must be in. To be fair, I don't think this kind of treatment is the norm at Autodesk, but unfortunately I have seen abusive management there several times. It amazes me that this sort of thing is allowed to happen, that people turn the other cheek or don't want to hear it. The bottom line is, if a manager is delivering, in some cases it doesn't matter how miserable that persons direct reports are. Hang in there. The good news is, Autodesk is a great place to grow, and opportunities often come up, if you stick it out and give it a try, you might find yourself in a great situation. Good luck.

Good culture, relaxed environment
Withheld (Former Employee), North Ryde, SydneyFebruary 9, 2013
Culture is good, fairly comfortable and relaxed environment
Fun place to work
ABC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: great enviroment
Fun place to work, friendly management.

Encouraging management.
Enjoyed growing an international business.
International Account Manager - Inside Sales (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 27, 2012
Came in at 3am and worked until 1pm in order to grow this engineering software business around the globe.
Great corporate environment
Gallery Marketing Intern/ Social Media Innovation (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 3, 2012
Loved working in the Gallery and seeing all the amazing exhibits that showcase Autodesk's reach.
Senior Quality Manager (Current Employee), San Rafael, CANovember 14, 2012
People are smart and passionate to make better product and help customers. Management is behind the curve with latest technology most of the time but catches up and do good. Company takes care of the employees.
Heavy workload and short time to complete tasks
SAP Basis Technical Migration project lead (Former Employee), San Rafael, CANovember 4, 2012
Pros: working with third party vendors
Cons: short breaks and heavy work pressure
Give to third party vendor . Unorganized and unplanned projects
Wish it never ended
Product Support Technician (Former Employee), Manchester, NHOctober 16, 2012
Pros: everything else
Cons: under pressure to preform
I loved this company. But with the bad economy came lay offs.
Brilliant company with a HUGE potential
AEC Sales (Former Employee), USA San RSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: people, culture, compensation
Cons: i resigned. i shouldn't
I loved working at Autodesk. Such great people. I always had a blast with my team. I worked in Sales. Superb commission scheme, with great accelerators, (some of the best in the industry). Products are superb.

I am looking to get back there. It was a mistake thinking the grass could be greener. It isnt.
Amazing people and products! Cutting-edge technology.
Sr. SWE (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 26, 2012
Pros: creative people and innovative products!
Cons: slow decision making at times
Autodesk's products have such impact in the world and it's inspiring to come to work every day! The people and culture are better than any other company I've worked in . It's a start-up culture within a stable environment. The shift to cloud, mobile and social is exciting!
Overall decent company, but it could be a lot better
analyst (Current Employee), San rafael, caSeptember 21, 2012
mediocre management, company has good market share, global leader on CAD but survives by inertia, capitalizing on old products brands. Nice people and environment, but career opportunities are scarse. Very political organization, mediocre managers are promoted because of connecions rather than real management and people skills.
Strong Compensation/Benefits, Weak Job Security/Advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Rafael, CASeptember 20, 2012
Autodesk provided strong compensation and benefits. Autodesk did not create an environment for job advancement and job security.

About Autodesk

As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a – Read more

Autodesk Photos