Autodesk Employee Reviews

Very good working environment
SQA Engineer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 August 2016
I was working there for two years. Good team, talent people, great work life balance. You can try all your new ideas. No need to working long time.
Pros
Great product
Cons
geting promoted is not easy
Great atmosphere, poor leadership
Leads generation, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 May 2016
As a first job out of university, it was easy to focus on the negatives. Namely, my manager was not trained on how to manage people.

I left as quickly as possible.
The Best Place I've ever worked.
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
I was on a 6 month contract with Autodesk at their King Street location in downtown Toronto. Its an amazing place. Their entire reseach team is there and you can get an idea of the amazing things they do there. The work culture is very fun and the people are amazing.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
I saw none
Great company, horrible division
Product Designer for Maya (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2015
The Media and Entertainment division is horribly managed. Folks with no actual real world experience make decisions while ignoring folks who do have that experience.
Ok place to work, but not for long, some EVIL managers there
Software (Former Employee) –  Montreal2 June 2016
**The good:
Worked at Autodesk for over 10 years..

Software was amazing and fun to work with.
Some good , friendly employees of all ages.
Salary was good ! Met nice people.

**The bad:
Management was horrid, Horrid. Many employees, friends told me they felt threatened but were often distrustful to complain to HR as they'd fear retaliation and be put on the cutting block when time for layoffs came by.

I noticed people who confronted management, spoke up, were often cut several months later or during layoff times.

Their HR needs to Record All conversations managers have with employees >One on ones and group meetings.
Some managers put on the "i'm nice voice" if they are in public meetings. Totally different in private meetings.

Threatening people, humiliating them , is not the way to get
more productivity out of a person. Sadly, this was told to me by many.

Putting lists of employees on a company internal website/dashboard, showing who's doing well and who is not > that's just mean , ignorant and lacks empathy. Such is the nature of some of their management /divisions.

Salary good but no sense of security by majority of employees.
When it comes to layoffs, they'll cut anyone / anytime , Out of the blue, to appease shareholders. Usually before Christmas or in the summer.

As another wrote earlier > some divisions are so badly managed. Folks with no actual real world experience make decisions while ignoring advice of seasoned employees who do have real production experience.

Good place to get your feet wet in the industry and move
  more... on once done.( since you have very little job security sense there )
Cut cut snip snip...;p
Pros
amazing software
Cons
Horrid managers, threatening people is not a good way to treat employees.
Very fun place to work and build a your career.
Représentant et soutien aux ventes (contrat) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 July 2013
Worked with resellers to discuss sales tactics and quotas. Provided quotes for our sales team and involved in meeting for sales strategies.

Great group of co-workers when I was there and one of the more enjoyalble places to work.
Pros
Great salary and work environment
Cons
Parking
Senior Business/Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC28 May 2015
Great culture. Everybody wants the best for the company. Great learning experience and the company provided us with the best tools to do our job.
Fun place to work
Senior Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2014
I worked for Alias Research that was acquired by Autodesk after I left. Very fun place to be at the early stages of the computer graphic industry.
Excellent workplace
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 March 2013
While the company has what seems to be a very relaxed, "get your job done" atmosphere in the Montreal office, it also has some incredible perks. The cafeteria has an amazing espresso machine and coffee grinders to get you the best cup of coffee you will ever have at work (well, unless maybe you are a barista?). The bicycle garage is not only set up to hold dozens of bikes, it has a workstand, tools, chain lube, cleaners, a compressor; and to underline how important cycle commuting is, the company holds (world-wide) an annual Bike to Work Challenge.
I found the overall approach to working at Autodesk pleasant and conducive to achieving the task at hand without undue pressure. In this apparently relaxed mode, people get things done.
I would go back there in a minute if asked.
I found everyone I needed to work with to be helpful, friendly, and beyond those I worked with I experienced a friendliness I have not seen in other workplaces.
I also found the sense of camaraderie meant working with people in other offices (around the world) went just as well as working with people locally. The company makes good use of the resources it has so people can collaborate despite great distances.
Pros
amazing coffee, bike garage, showers, fantastic former factory converted to office space
Cons
typical big company when it comes to layoffs to appease shareholders