Autodesk

Autodesk Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Senior Product Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 29, 2014
I worked for Alias Research that was acquired by Autodesk after I left. Very fun place to be at the early stages of the computer graphic industry.
Very fun place to work and build a your career.
Représentant et soutien aux ventes (contrat) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 23, 2013
Pros: great salary and work environment
Cons: parking
Worked with resellers to discuss sales tactics and quotas. Provided quotes for our sales team and involved in meeting for sales strategies.

Great group of co-workers when I was there and one of the more enjoyalble places to work.
Excellent workplace
Contractor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 14, 2013
Pros: amazing coffee, bike garage, showers, fantastic former factory converted to office space
Cons: typical big company when it comes to layoffs to appease shareholders
While the company has what seems to be a very relaxed, "get your job done" atmosphere in the Montreal office, it also has some incredible perks. The cafeteria has an amazing espresso machine and coffee grinders to get you the best cup of coffee you will ever have at work (well, unless maybe you are a barista?). The bicycle garage is not only set up – more... to hold dozens of bikes, it has a workstand, tools, chain lube, cleaners, a compressor; and to underline how important cycle commuting is, the company holds (world-wide) an annual Bike to Work Challenge.
I found the overall approach to working at Autodesk pleasant and conducive to achieving the task at hand without undue pressure. In this apparently relaxed mode, people get things done.
I would go back there in a minute if asked.
I found everyone I needed to work with to be helpful, friendly, and beyond those I worked with I experienced a friendliness I have not seen in other workplaces.
I also found the sense of camaraderie meant working with people in other offices (around the world) went just as well as working with people locally. The company makes good use of the resources it has so people can collaborate despite great distances. – less
Very nice place
Premium Support (Current Employee), Dubai, UAESeptember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours, open minded culture, very good pay.
Cons: they are always in updating themselves, so you should catch them.
This is one of my best decisions in my life to work for Autodesk.
Autodesk shaping the world through their products and their culture.
Recommended for others
great place to work.
Inside sales/Customer care Major Accounts (Former Employee), San Rafael, CASeptember 15, 2014
Great place to work way back when. I owe a lot to ADESK fo rbeieving in my and givn me the hnce I need to susced in the corporate world.
Good Company to Work For
Data Analyst (Current Employee), San Rafael, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great work experience.
Cons: lousy commute.
Excellent work environment.

Great work experience.

Management very easy to deal with.
Hires off the street more than from own talent
Sales Support (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: rare internal promotions, have to network within the company to be considered for any position, desire for growth is not valued.
For Denver office:

Great benefits.
Amazing health insurance.
Business casual attire.
Technical Writer | Information Developer| User Assistance Professional
Sr. Learning Content Developer (Current Employee), SingaporeSeptember 9, 2014
 An experienced Learning & User Assistance professional who understands user perspectives and provides customer a learning experience through content.
 Proficient in documentation planning, documentation development, and training in a productive agile environment using the Scrum process
One of best company to work for
Global Business Services Rep (Current Employee), San Rafael,CASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: team building, christmas party
Cons: year end bonus
Autodesk is a world leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software and services.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 13, 2014
Good place to work. Good management, great co-workers.
Learned a lot about 3D graphing, 3D sketching, used Javascript again for API testing.
Lots of space for initiatives and fun workplace
Administrator, Customer Data and Project Manager (Former Employee), Neuchatel, SwitzerlandAugust 4, 2014
Pros: healthcare, regular promotions, dynamic environment
Cons: workload
Having EMEA roles involves liaising with various teams around the globe, which is extremely enriching.
There is space for initiatives, which the Management encourages and this helps going beyond one own's boundaries, and thus grow and improve.
Co-workers are friendly and ready to help.
With so many activities to deal with, there are not enough hours – more... during a working day,
The most enjoyable part of the job were those regular seminars, organized once or twice a year, where the whole group was gathered for 'professional entertainments', to discuss group strategy, punctuated with activities and games. – less
A great place to work
Manager, Learning Programs (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: very good benefits, decent pay, great stock purchase plan, incredible offices in sf (@one market, walk from the ferry!)
Cons: middle management can be... confused, re-orgs are frequent, re-deploys not so common but they still do happen.
You can easily fall in love with Autodesk. It's a great place to work - very cool technology, wonderful people, world-changing reach... one could spend their entire career at Autodesk and be quite happy. The work environment is the best in San Fran; not quite as wonderful in San Rafael but still good. The business is changing; moving away from the old-line – more... desktop software space into a full-on SaaS model. These changes can be painful at times, but senior management is not letting any grass grow beneath them as they work through it. All and all, very positive. You owe it to yourself to look here if you're in the market for a tech job. – less
Great place where I learned a lot
QA Intern (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORJune 23, 2014
I learned a lot about programming and CAD programs. Other employees were always willing to help me with my projects.
Inspiring company to work for
Anonymous (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 11, 2014
Pros: work from home on friday
Autodesk is a great company with awesome product! Very friendly and supportive corporate culture. However, there are too many stakeholders involved in making decisions. Therefore, it's challenging to move projects forward at a healthy pace.
Excellent place for an internship
Social Campaign Strategy Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2014
Great atmosphere, fun smart coworkers, and excellent pay and benefits.
Happy and laid back work environment, difficult to advance in a technical career.
QA Analyst, Consultant (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: technical talent is not valued
What I Liked:
This was my first job out of college, where I worked as a QA consultant on a development team in the backend IT department. We followed Agile Scrum development, so a typical day started with a half hour Daily Stand up meeting where everyone got to discuss their progress on the current sprint's stories. I liked these meetings because I – more... would always know what the developers and other QAs were working on, and this made it easy to coordinate with the rest of the team.

Everyone had their own individual tasks to complete, but no one was ever so caught up in their own work that they couldn't stop to discuss something unrelated with another co-worker. In fact, verbal communication was an integral part of the job, since written documentation is a low priority in Agile development. If you are a lone-wolf type who likes to get things done without coordinating with others, then this sort of environment might not be a good fit.

The overall atmosphere seemed very laid back, and I never felt too pressured about meeting deadlines or working extra hours.

What I Didn't Like:
My department did not seem concerned with retaining technical talent, as most technical positions were filled by consultants and there was very few opportunities to be converted to an employee in a technical role. If you have a technical background and are looking to follow that career path, this is probably not the best place to grow.

The company is known for having frequent "Re-orgs", where new teams are sprung up, and existing teams get dissolved. This makes your future at the company seem very uncertain. In the best case, one of the new teams will require someone with your skill set and you can continue to have a job; Although you will be working on an entirely different project, with entirely different people. Worst case is that your skill set and knowledge is not relevant to the new teams and there's nowhere for you to go. This is what eventually ended my term at Autodesk. My team was dissolved and no other team had any interest in a QA or Developer with just over a year of experience in software development. – less
I have enjoyed my tenure in all the Companies where I worked.
Senior Siebel Consultant (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAApril 11, 2014
I have enjoyed my tenure in all the Companies where I worked.
Partner services specialist
Partner Services Specialist (Current Employee), NeuchatelApril 2, 2014
Nice company.
multicultural atmosphere.
great management
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Autodesk
Global Partner Services and Operations Specialist (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, internal cafe and waterpark close by
Cons: long commute
The daily global customer service and operation was intriguing and fascinating. This position was vital for my development with SAP, SalesForce, Seibel and Outlook. I became highly savy with the different systems and quickly became a specialist.

My co-workers were supportive, reliable and supportive. They were fun to work with and great team players.

The – more... most enjoyable part of my job was speaking different languages throughout the day (Spanish, Portuguese, English and Creole). – less
Great compensation and products, stay away from M&E division
M&E - ISM (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great location, espp stock purchase program, good compensation.
Cons: management
The company has it's fingers in a lot of amazing sectors of technology and has great products to boot. M&E division maintains different culture and has weak management in place.

1 2 3 4

About Autodesk

As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a – Read more

Autodesk Photos