Autodesk

Autodesk Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Senior Product Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 29, 2014
I worked for Alias Research that was acquired by Autodesk after I left. Very fun place to be at the early stages of the computer graphic industry.
Very fun place to work and build a your career.
Représentant et soutien aux ventes (contrat) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 23, 2013
Pros: great salary and work environment
Cons: parking
Worked with resellers to discuss sales tactics and quotas. Provided quotes for our sales team and involved in meeting for sales strategies.

Great group of co-workers when I was there and one of the more enjoyalble places to work.
Excellent workplace
Contractor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 14, 2013
Pros: amazing coffee, bike garage, showers, fantastic former factory converted to office space
Cons: typical big company when it comes to layoffs to appease shareholders
While the company has what seems to be a very relaxed, "get your job done" atmosphere in the Montreal office, it also has some incredible perks. The cafeteria has an amazing espresso machine and coffee grinders to get you the best cup of coffee you will ever have at work (well, unless maybe you are a barista?). The bicycle garage is not only set up – more... to hold dozens of bikes, it has a workstand, tools, chain lube, cleaners, a compressor; and to underline how important cycle commuting is, the company holds (world-wide) an annual Bike to Work Challenge.
I found the overall approach to working at Autodesk pleasant and conducive to achieving the task at hand without undue pressure. In this apparently relaxed mode, people get things done.
I would go back there in a minute if asked.
I found everyone I needed to work with to be helpful, friendly, and beyond those I worked with I experienced a friendliness I have not seen in other workplaces.
I also found the sense of camaraderie meant working with people in other offices (around the world) went just as well as working with people locally. The company makes good use of the resources it has so people can collaborate despite great distances. – less
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 13, 2014
Good place to work. Good management, great co-workers.
Learned a lot about 3D graphing, 3D sketching, used Javascript again for API testing.
Lots of space for initiatives and fun workplace
Administrator, Customer Data and Project Manager (Former Employee), Neuchatel, SwitzerlandAugust 4, 2014
Pros: healthcare, regular promotions, dynamic environment
Cons: workload
Having EMEA roles involves liaising with various teams around the globe, which is extremely enriching.
There is space for initiatives, which the Management encourages and this helps going beyond one own's boundaries, and thus grow and improve.
Co-workers are friendly and ready to help.
With so many activities to deal with, there are not enough hours – more... during a working day,
The most enjoyable part of the job were those regular seminars, organized once or twice a year, where the whole group was gathered for 'professional entertainments', to discuss group strategy, punctuated with activities and games. – less
A great place to work
Manager, Learning Programs (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: very good benefits, decent pay, great stock purchase plan, incredible offices in sf (@one market, walk from the ferry!)
Cons: middle management can be... confused, re-orgs are frequent, re-deploys not so common but they still do happen.
You can easily fall in love with Autodesk. It's a great place to work - very cool technology, wonderful people, world-changing reach... one could spend their entire career at Autodesk and be quite happy. The work environment is the best in San Fran; not quite as wonderful in San Rafael but still good. The business is changing; moving away from the old-line – more... desktop software space into a full-on SaaS model. These changes can be painful at times, but senior management is not letting any grass grow beneath them as they work through it. All and all, very positive. You owe it to yourself to look here if you're in the market for a tech job. – less
Great place where I learned a lot
QA Intern (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORJune 23, 2014
I learned a lot about programming and CAD programs. Other employees were always willing to help me with my projects.
Inspiring company to work for
Anonymous (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 11, 2014
Pros: work from home on friday
Autodesk is a great company with awesome product! Very friendly and supportive corporate culture. However, there are too many stakeholders involved in making decisions. Therefore, it's challenging to move projects forward at a healthy pace.
Excellent place for an internship
Social Campaign Strategy Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2014
Great atmosphere, fun smart coworkers, and excellent pay and benefits.
Happy and laid back work environment, difficult to advance in a technical career.
QA Analyst, Consultant (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: technical talent is not valued
What I Liked:
This was my first job out of college, where I worked as a QA consultant on a development team in the backend IT department. We followed Agile Scrum development, so a typical day started with a half hour Daily Stand up meeting where everyone got to discuss their progress on the current sprint's stories. I liked these meetings because I – more... would always know what the developers and other QAs were working on, and this made it easy to coordinate with the rest of the team.

Everyone had their own individual tasks to complete, but no one was ever so caught up in their own work that they couldn't stop to discuss something unrelated with another co-worker. In fact, verbal communication was an integral part of the job, since written documentation is a low priority in Agile development. If you are a lone-wolf type who likes to get things done without coordinating with others, then this sort of environment might not be a good fit.

The overall atmosphere seemed very laid back, and I never felt too pressured about meeting deadlines or working extra hours.

What I Didn't Like:
My department did not seem concerned with retaining technical talent, as most technical positions were filled by consultants and there was very few opportunities to be converted to an employee in a technical role. If you have a technical background and are looking to follow that career path, this is probably not the best place to grow.

The company is known for having frequent "Re-orgs", where new teams are sprung up, and existing teams get dissolved. This makes your future at the company seem very uncertain. In the best case, one of the new teams will require someone with your skill set and you can continue to have a job; Although you will be working on an entirely different project, with entirely different people. Worst case is that your skill set and knowledge is not relevant to the new teams and there's nowhere for you to go. This is what eventually ended my term at Autodesk. My team was dissolved and no other team had any interest in a QA or Developer with just over a year of experience in software development. – less
I have enjoyed my tenure in all the Companies where I worked.
Senior Siebel Consultant (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAApril 11, 2014
I have enjoyed my tenure in all the Companies where I worked.
Partner services specialist
Partner Services Specialist (Current Employee), NeuchatelApril 2, 2014
Nice company.
multicultural atmosphere.
great management
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Autodesk
Global Partner Services and Operations Specialist (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, internal cafe and waterpark close by
Cons: long commute
The daily global customer service and operation was intriguing and fascinating. This position was vital for my development with SAP, SalesForce, Seibel and Outlook. I became highly savy with the different systems and quickly became a specialist.

My co-workers were supportive, reliable and supportive. They were fun to work with and great team players.

The – more... most enjoyable part of my job was speaking different languages throughout the day (Spanish, Portuguese, English and Creole). – less
what you learned
Intern (Former Employee), SingaporeFebruary 14, 2014
Learnt how to program a MIS system that helped automate company processes.
Strong products, good culture
Director Marketing (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Great place to work, interesting products, innovative for a large company
Former Manager
MANAGER OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (Former Employee), Saint LouisJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: work environment, co-workers, ability to learn
Cons: a bit of organized chaos
Autodesk is a great place to work. They really take care of their employees and deal with cool technology.

The Autodesk training programs are wonderful, especially ELP/ALP.

However, as with all large companies, sometimes communications are a challenge, especially between departments.
Wonderful place to work
ETL Architect / Lead DWBI Consultant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 28, 2014
A Wonderful place to work. Stress free work environment,
Learned multiple technology.
Good Pace to work
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAJanuary 21, 2014
• As part of my current role i am involved in Environments designing for Testing Environments, System integration test, Stage and Production environments apart from this I am involved in Architecture and identifying the existing system gaps and fix the loopholes of the ancient build system.
• Environment configured using AWS EC2, AWS Dynamo DB, AWS – more... S3, AWS VPC, and AWS Security Groups (creating, maintaining, configuring) using IAM
• Setting up Splunk to diagnose problems (including setting up forwarders and configuring alerts)
• Configured auto-scaling AWS VPC stack using JSON templates(preferred using cloud formation and scripting - e.g. coding the server)
• Continuous integration of code and deployments using Puppet, Jenkins, Maven for Development, QA and couple of other environments.
• Configured AWS Elastic Load Balancer, AMI.
• Installing Boto, Python and couple of other tools required for the application teams.
• Configuring user profiles using AWS IAM and couple of other external utilities.
• Configured VPN for leveraging Puppet services across multiple VPC’s. – less
Over promise under deliver
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), SingaporeDecember 12, 2013
Pros: they leave you to your own devices. no one is monitoring your time
Cons: they don't provide the benefits that they say they do. no career development, at all.
I would put them on the bad side of average. They leave you to your own devices, which is a plus. But the raises and bonus are not very good and there is no career development at all and they do everything they can to prevent you from getting a promotion. You most likely will not do the job description that you interview for. They say that they pay – more... for school and reimburse charitable donations, they don't. If you want to work with cutting edge technology, you will not be doing it here. Although I must say that the developers seem happy, and people with "manager" in their job title (and there are a lot) seem pretty happy too. But for me it was pretty much a waste of time. – less
Productive and opportunity to learn advanced technologies
UI Developer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Learnt Advanced Frameworks like Backbone.js and Test Driven Development Approach.
Opportunity to get familiar with the latest technologies used in the UI field currently

1 2 3