Imagine… Create… Innovate…
Take Autodata Solutions and our clients to the next level. Work with us to translate our client’s business needs and objectives into creative solutions. Make an impact on our organization’s evolution and partner with our high profile clients. Our employees are a team of people with a diversity of skills, knowledge and expertise. As one of North America’s market leaders in vehicle data aggregation, syndication, technology and custom solutions; we do this through a rewarding environment and in an atmosphere of continuous improvement. Autodata Solutions meets the challenges of the marketplace by fostering innovation, continually improving our products, services and culture and utilizing the latest technology where possible. Find out more at: http://www.autodatasolutions.com/
Are you up to the Challenge?
As a part of the technical team, the Database Administrator maintains and controls access to the testing and production of data across multiple platforms. In addition, the DBA operates and maintains databases including monitoring, back-up and recovery procedures, performance tuning and implementing database change management.
- Coordinate physical changes to relational databases
- Code, test, and implement physical databases
- Demonstrable experience working with case tracking tools (i.e. JIRA)
- Design logical and physical databases and review changes to database design to understand how changes affect physical database
- Establish physical database parameters
- Code database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to database management system or direct others in coding database descriptions
- Specifies user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve
- Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to database
- Interact with developers to effectively explore, investigate and implement requirements as they apply to database technology
- Ensures that database systems are available, secure, and that production support procedures are well documented
Education & Experience:
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science and 5-10 years’ work experience in the following:
SQL Server 2000, 2008 Administration, data dictionary creation, data modeling and updating, database startup and shutdown, setup, backup and recovery, SQL scripting (PL-SQL, Triggers, and Stored Procedures), performance tuning, replication, data warehousing and log shipping.
- SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 Administration
- MSDE 2000
- Data modeling tools such as ERWin
- Microsoft Windows Cluster and SQL Server Cluster setup
- Knowledge of Windows 2000, 2003, 2008
- Oracle 9i, 10g is an asset
- Sun Solaris is an asset
- Configuration management tools
- Net Backup and Backup exec is an asset
- Security and Monitoring applications (databases only)
Founded in 1990, Autodata Solutions is one of North America's largest software and services boutiques and has focused on the automotive...