We are looking for a Payroll and Benefits Assistant who will bring their attention to detail and great customer service to our team. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment and are deadline driven, this position is for you.
Petersen Buick GMC is part of the AutoCanada family of dealerships. AutoCanada is Canada’s only publicly traded entity with interests exclusively in the operation of franchised automobile dealerships, and is one of Canada’s largest multi-location automobile dealership groups, currently operating 30 dealerships in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
At Petersen Buick GMC, employees are the most valued assets, essential participants with a shared responsibility in fulfilling their mission. The dealership is dedicated to assisting every employee in reaching his or her full potential.
Additional information about Petersen is available on the company’s website at http://www.petersengm.com
This position is located in Sherwood Park, Alberta.
- Gather and process all payroll information
- Ability to handle full cycle payroll on in house system
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of all data entered
- Maintain data in payroll system and ensure information is available on a timely basis
- Update employee information into the payroll system
- Create new hire files and ensure documents are filled out and returned in a timely manner
- Administer and update group benefits and RRSP/DPSP program
- Assist in employee time and attendance data and reporting
- Ensure strict confidentiality of employment records and employee information
- File payroll related documents into employee personnel files
- File ROE online and complete all year end reports along with T4’s, T2200’s and WCB returns
- Process and maintain WCB claims
- The successful candidate will have above average attention to detail and be interested in a career in payroll
- Ability to deal with situations and people problems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Advanced ability to analyze and reconcile data
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Deadline driven
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- 1-3 years of related payroll and benefits experience
- Completion of a High School Diploma
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial payroll legislation and employment standards for Alberta
- Benefits administration experience an asset
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Reynolds and Reynolds payroll system an asset
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.