AutoCanada is one of the largest and first publicly traded franchise automobile dealership groups in Canada. As Canada's premier car dealer group, we carry all of the latest and greatest models by Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan, Infiniti, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Volkswagen and FIAT for sale, finance, lease and servicing. AutoCanada is proud to be known, not only for having quality vehicles and great service, but also for our great and easy to deal with people. We are a people business that is community driven, and it is our goal to improve customer service and loyalty by remaining focused on exceeding customer expectations at all times.
As an important member of the AutoCanada corporate team, the Inventory Optimization Analyst, Used Vehicles, located in our Edmonton Head Office, will support the dealer group’s used vehicle operation to improve inventory turnover, return on investment and best practices. This individual will need to develop strong acumen in used vehicle pricing, reconditioning, merchandising and sourcing in order to achieve an optimal used vehicle operation model. To be successful, the Inventory Optimization Analyst, Used Vehicles, will be required to easily move between detailed tactical analysis and project management communication.
Responsible for ensuring optimal used vehicle supply to achieve sales and growth targets for AutoCanada, the Inventory Optimization Analyst will:
- Assess daily used vehicle inventory levels, give secondary appraisals and suggest vehicle re-location.
- Initiate product movement as appropriate to ensure inventory levels meet demand and KPI’s are met.
- Source and Purchase used vehicles for the dealer group.
- Develop and maintain a system for shared used vehicle access amongst the group.
- Analyze and monitor the financial and operational impact of inventory adjustments.
- Ensure quality of used vehicle inventory and benchmark reconditioning best practices.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with dealership management and Dealer Principals.
- Train, motivate and manage the performance of the dealership Used Vehicle Management Staff, fostering high performance teams.
- Improve inventory turnover and reduce out of stock levels.
- Keep all relevant files and databases accurate and up to date.
- Analyze used vehicle performance and targeted KPI’s through concise reporting and scorecard tracking for all inventory activities.
- Notify Sales and Marketing team and Management of large inventory imbalances.
- Responsible for ongoing process improvement with used vehicle operations.
- Strong product knowledge and previous work history in the automotive industry is an asset.
- Expert proficiency in data manipulation and analysis with MSOffice and database reporting.
- Knowledge of inventory management and current with the principles, methods and trends for inventory management improvement.
- Analytical abilities and deductive reasoning skills with a focus on detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be results oriented and focused on goal setting to meet and/or exceed KPI targets.
- Post Secondary education in a relevant discipline preferred.
AutoCanada is one of the largest and first publicly traded franchise automobile dealership groups in Canada. As Canada's premier car dealer...